penny auction penny auction gold

• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

BidWealth
  • BidWealth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

HI I e-mailed the site about possible longer hours for the site to operate since most of us are stuck behind the desk 9 to 5 like me or only could bid at night and weekends. There response to the issues.

We are going to be expanding our hours both starting earlier as well
as running later, (for our west coast users). We will also be expanding
our operational days in the next couple weeks
Happy Bidding!

bidwealthinc@gmail.com

I just wanted to say thank you since I have actually been collecting coins since I was a child.:bigsmile:

No Worries!
We really do want to hear any and all suggestions and feedback.
From casual as well as more aggressive participants.
YOUR input, not ours, is what will ensure our continued growth and longevity
We are WELL ahead of projections, so longer hours as well as more operating days is quite close!
Attached File  bidwealthlogobig.jpg   43.8KB   1 downloads

BidWealth
  • BidWealth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

In response to the epic battles...
When I was a participant in PAs, I always thought jumping in AFTER someone had a lot
into a piece, thinking they would give up...
Sometimes it worked sometimes not... Quite honestly Ive never understood the in from start to finish
on a high dollar item.
SEEING battles like that quite honestly has us rethinking the larger $ items for a while...
We want to allow people to acquire precious metals for a huge savings...
With only a couple people battling to death on 1 thing doesn't allow that.
I look froward to having full ounces of gold and similar or higher value items...
But we would be FAR more comfortable when there are 5-10-20 people bidding...
Nobody gets torn up too bad and someone steals high dollar piece...
PERFECT outcome
Attached File  bidwealthlogobig.jpg   43.8KB   2 downloads

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

In response to the epic battles...
When I was a participant in PAs, I always thought jumping in AFTER someone had a lot
into a piece, thinking they would give up...
Sometimes it worked sometimes not... Quite honestly Ive never understood the in from start to finish
on a high dollar item.
SEEING battles like that quite honestly has us rethinking the larger $ items for a while...
We want to allow people to acquire precious metals for a huge savings...
With only a couple people battling to death on 1 thing doesn't allow that.
I look froward to having full ounces of gold and similar or higher value items...
But we would be FAR more comfortable when there are 5-10-20 people bidding...
Nobody gets torn up too bad and someone steals high dollar piece...
PERFECT outcome
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1112[/ATTACH]

While true, you have to keep in mind that those epic grudge matches ALSO keep the site afloat and help contribute to the spending budget of you all to ship the wins to the winners. The best thing to keep everything level in my opinion is simply the limits in themselves. I don't really care for the smaller items, and prefer things with value of at least $200+. If you never have bigger items then those you see grudge matching over the bigger stuff are going to start hitting the smaller stuff which is going to run the new faces away. I'd say continue the items like you have been, throwing some high ones in every now and then, but just tighten the limits on THOSE items. The userbase is growing swiftly, but I don't think it's big enough yet to go 4 per week and retain a profit as far as I can tell [UNLESS you have a very nice financial backing which has not been announced], as some stuff is bound to go super cheap and negatively effect your budget. I'm not saying people shouldn't win things cheap, but I don't want the site to disappear because of it either. The $500+ items should be limited separately at 1 per week... at least for now, then later maybe 2 per week over $500 and 1 over $900, etc.

Edited by ProtoProtoss, 06 August 2011 - 09:45 PM.

Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

You can't control the flock without the fear of the wolf.
---

SavvyAussie
  • SavvyAussie
  • Members
  • 515 posts

Y Dang you Clembowski! You show up when I dont want you and are nowhere to be found when I need you! You are seriously going to have to work on that! LOL..Just kidding!

So, what are you trying to say? You lost me a while ago.

aka clembowski/realclembowski (and various other names when those are taken)

Edited by SavvyAussie, 06 August 2011 - 11:58 PM.

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Hey Clem/Aussie! Only meant that You are a tough competitor. That I normally wouldn't want you in an auction against me, but in retrospect, would have loved to see you jump into that one...you would have saved me lots of $$ as I would have set that one out rather than go up against two tough competitors.. :-) only meant to make you laugh or smile...speaking of which, I was kinda surprised that you didn't show after I saw your name pop up on the pre bid. :-)

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Hi All
Sorry haven't had a great deal of time to check the happenings...
I saw this and wanted to let you know, in response to many on here, both via PAW & email
we ARE revisiting our Bid prices... Initially by offering specials
We are looking at that as well as tighter win limits, (4 per week starting Mon)
many things to try to keep a level, yet competitive playing field.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1109[/ATTACH]

No problem at all. Yes, the prices are pretty high, but then again, you are offering products that retain their value. Hence why I said it's a touchy subject within itself. In the end of it all, you have to make executive business decisions with your company's longevity in mind. Your bid promotions are great, and I definitely took advantage of this one!

Hi sorry if something has slipped through the cracks...
We have received numerous accolades from people for promptly answering their inquiries...
Please let me know what we can do to address any concerns you may have
admin@BidWealth.com
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1110[/ATTACH]

Everything's all sorted out now. There just seemed to be a problem at the beginning with email communication, but it's all gravy now. Emails are responded to pretty quickly and in a timely manner now.

Keep up the good work BidWealth.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Yeah, I was in at the beginning, hung back when I should, jumped in when I needed to and rested when I could..Ha! I thought I was a playing fool..LOL...I initially thought that clembowski was gonna join the party..Heck, if that had happened, those two might still be playing today..lol..And, I would have been 900 and something richer...Dang you Clembowski! You show up when I dont want you and are nowhere to be found when I need you! You are seriously going to have to work on that! LOL..Just kidding! IWGU, I think you were the true winner for listening to the wise elf! LOL! Woo Hoo! Ok..drinks are on you! LOL...

This am..new dawn..new oppressively hot, dry day in Texas...I have built a bridge and I have walked over it with respect to my feelings of injustice..LOL...it is 108 outside and minus 108 in my office. I have a space heater on..I am loopy from my 3 hours of sleep last night as that auction was never ending...They are filming a reality tv series at my job so I get to be "on" despite the bags under the eyes...In between that and actually doing my job...Im already starting to look forward to Mondays auctions...Hope to see you there in the winners circle IWGU!

Me and that little elf are good friends haha! And sure, why not, drinks are on me! We'll have them together in the winners circle! :)

mnkyluvr68
  • mnkyluvr68
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

mnky, I laughed when I saw your monkey with a gun avatar..If you go on youtube and type in chimp with ak47..you will laugh hysterically. My favorite part is the end, when the monkey holds the AK over his head in a, "I so rule" statement!

Haha, just watched it! LOVE IT...I did indeed laugh hysterically :) thanks I needed a good laugh today!

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Yeah, I was in at the beginning, hung back when I should, jumped in when I needed to and rested when I could..Ha! I thought I was a playing fool..LOL...I initially thought that clembowski was gonna join the party..Heck, if that had happened, those two might still be playing today..lol..And, I would have been 900 and something richer...Dang you Clembowski! You show up when I dont want you and are nowhere to be found when I need you! You are seriously going to have to work on that! LOL..Just kidding! IWGU, I think you were the true winner for listening to the wise elf! LOL! Woo Hoo! Ok..drinks are on you! LOL...

This am..new dawn..new oppressively hot, dry day in Texas...I have built a bridge and I have walked over it with respect to my feelings of injustice..LOL...it is 108 outside and minus 108 in my office. I have a space heater on..I am loopy from my 3 hours of sleep last night as that auction was never ending...They are filming a reality tv series at my job so I get to be "on" despite the bags under the eyes...In between that and actually doing my job...Im already starting to look forward to Mondays auctions...Hope to see you there in the winners circle IWGU!

Looks to me you played a very smat game considering you spent 1000 bids less then Dumpster I have alot of respect for strategy players. With the timer being very reliable i will be moving back to my bidrodeo strategy which many know of here I think it will work very well on this site and keep profitability high.

Erin I could not agree more about bidders that jump in after two bidders have gone over retail, do they really think both will just roll over and quit. Sometimes I cannot believe how stupid people are, then they loose their 50 bids and blame the site for thier loss.

My only gripe now is the autobidder is too slow I prefer when autobidders fire all competing bids at once it keeps the auctions lively and fast paced. Bidwealt wnts more bidders involved in the auctions slow autobidder simply drive bidders away as they either do naot have time to wait or they get distracted or board. So slow autobidders meas less competition.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

My only gripe now is the autobidder is too slow I prefer when autobidders fire all competing bids at once it keeps the auctions lively and fast paced. Bidwealt wnts more bidders involved in the auctions slow autobidder simply drive bidders away as they either do naot have time to wait or they get distracted or board. So slow autobidders meas less competition.

Hey RBTW,

Personally If I had to pick, I'd keep the autobidder the way it is. The only reason I say that is because if all bids fire off all at once, it takes the fun out of bidding and scared people away from even using autobidder ever again. For example, when I tried out SellMoo, I bought a bunch of bids and decided I'd go after some you pick PS3 game. I wasn't going to be around for the auction, so I decided I'd put all the bids I had in autobidder to be sure that I'd win as it was way over retail in bids. I come home just to realize all bids have been blown away in a split second and I didn't even win it. This right here, to me, takes the fun out of bidding.

You mention that slow autobidders drive bidders away, but I mean fast autobidders drive bidders away even more, because most of these bidders are "casual" bidders such as myself who just don't like it. It may just be me, but I like being in control of when my autobidder fires off. However, you are right in a sense that it can last a LONG time if 2 bidders are going at it for a while, but I guess that's just the nature of the game when 2 strong bidders go at it. Autobidder is just one of those things that will probably never really suit "everyone's" needs.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

I think the autobidders could be just a little faster, like maybe add 1 second per bid instead of bumping it up high. As far as fast bidders, if I'm going to actually be around to watch the auctions, I like the ones at Beezid (minus so many snipers being able to be added. 20 is kind of ridiculous and by all means just allowed to keep an auction going extra long. The sniper should only be at maybe 5 or so)
Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

---

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Hey RBTW,

Personally If I had to pick, I'd keep the autobidder the way it is. The only reason I say that is because if all bids fire off all at once, it takes the fun out of bidding and scared people away from even using autobidder ever again. For example, when I tried out SellMoo, I bought a bunch of bids and decided I'd go after some you pick PS3 game. I wasn't going to be around for the auction, so I decided I'd put all the bids I had in autobidder to be sure that I'd win as it was way over retail in bids. I come home just to realize all bids have been blown away in a split second and I didn't even win it. This right here, to me, takes the fun out of bidding.

You mention that slow autobidders drive bidders away, but I mean fast autobidders drive bidders away even more, because most of these bidders are "casual" bidders such as myself who just don't like it. It may just be me, but I like being in control of when my autobidder fires off. However, you are right in a sense that it can last a LONG time if 2 bidders are going at it for a while, but I guess that's just the nature of the game when 2 strong bidders go at it. Autobidder is just one of those things that will probably never really suit "everyone's" needs.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Realistically if you cannot affords to lose NEVER set and forget an autobidder regardless of how fast it fires it is a bad strategy. What differentce does a all in autobidder make it accomplished the same thing, it does lean to benefit the house but if they site wants more bidders involved as well as more profitability I am a firm believer of all in autobidders (fire all bids at once) are the way to go, plus it puts less stress on the script as well as the servers. From the bidders side it also benefits strategical bidders especialy when a solid timer exist.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Realistically if you cannot affords to lose NEVER set and forget an autobidder regardless of how fast it fires it is a bad strategy. What differentce does a all in autobidder make it accomplished the same thing, it does lean to benefit the house but if they site wants more bidders involved as well as more profitability I am a firm believer of all in autobidders (fire all bids at once) are the way to go, plus it puts less stress on the script as well as the servers. From the bidders side it also benefits strategical bidders especialy when a solid timer exist.

Yeah, I'm not saying you're wrong. Just expressing my thoughts on it. Personal preference I guess.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Gold worth more than Platinum today! Wow!

Randomguy
  • Randomguy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

I like Bidwealth. Won some today and other than Proto & realbidtowin going head to head with me on some auctions I did rather well :)

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Proto you should have paid more attention since I already had 2 wins in this limit period had you let the bid pack and the other 1/5oz alone I would have limited out and you would have likely had a decent win on the 1/4oz. That is why I dropped the bidpack even though I was double into it. Anyway nice epic battle just like the olden days, Link and Zelda would be proud of you.

On another note towards the end of the auction I was unable to get the buy bids links to work on the site, I assume it was server overload, this is why the all-in autobidder is so valuable. These slow autobidders are loading up the server which will also affect the single bids due to timer lag thus costing the site more $$$

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Proto you should have paid more attention since I already had 2 wins in this limit period had you let the bid pack and the other 1/5oz alone I would have limited out and you would have likely had a decent win on the 1/4oz. That is why I dropped the bidpack even though I was double into it. Anyway nice epic battle just like the olden days, Link and Zelda would be proud of you.

On another note towards the end of the auction I was unable to get the buy bids links to work on the site, I assume it was server overload, this is why the all-in autobidder is so valuable. These slow autobidders are loading up the server which will also affect the single bids due to timer lag thus costing the site more $$$

Zelda might be, Link would be a little jealous that I got her attention, lol. True about the limits though. I was just screwing with you a little bit originally because you were doing it to me and kept sniping the auction I was on. Once it managed to get to "Going..." and sat a second and you were still sniping it I was like, okay... he wants to play, haha. Then I started waiting last second sniping your other one. If you'd noticed, I'd only snipe yours after you did mine because my timer was set to close before yours was. I had no intentions on winning that bid pack, as it's a waste of a slot in my opinion, so I was basically just harassing you back like you were doing me. It's all in good fun. Oh well... back to collecting these cans! X-(

As for the final auctions... The 2nd to last one I pulled out for good and you definitely won that one hands down, but the last one kept timing out. I pulled out to see if anyone was waiting, then when I seen him single bidding before it would get all the way down I just figured I'd let you waste a few more bids. Then the site kept freezing and I couldn't get any bids to register. Sometimes it would pop back in then I'd go to the auction to put another bidbuddy before it would do it again and it wouldn't load. I tried to throw some singles in from the front page, but they never went through and when the auction finally came back, it showed it had closed. :-(

I emailed during the auction stating I could not get back to it though, and they said they seen it and they believed it was the widgets causing some issues, which is why they removed them. After they took them off though, it was still doing it, so they are investigating to figure out what's causing it. All in all it was a good show at least. I'm usually better at strategy, but wasn't really paying it much attention due to being back and forth on BZ watching this 70" TV auction. Might shoot for it after awhile. Just waiting for the right time.

P.S. That was a nice win earlier where you were single bidding letting the other two fight it out twice. You got a steal on that.

Edited by ProtoProtoss, 09 August 2011 - 03:02 AM.

---

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Hey, look what I found.

Calculates the value of all your gold, silver, and platinum.

http://www.dendritic.../metal-calc.asp

---

Randomguy
  • Randomguy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

LoL <-- BiddingTilWin here.

I won 4 auctions today but that bid pack cost me... Only started today so learning who to go against/not go against right now.

Question for ya two... seems the silver stuff often goes way less then the gold stuff... just a first days notice but your thoughts?

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Zelda might be, Link would be a little jealous that I got her attention, lol. True about the limits though. I was just screwing with you a little bit originally because you were doing it to me and kept sniping the auction I was on. Once it managed to get to "Going..." and sat a second and you were still sniping it I was like, okay... he wants to play, haha. Then I started waiting last second sniping your other one. If you'd noticed, I'd only snipe yours after you did mine because my timer was set to close before yours was. I had no intentions on winning that bid pack, as it's a waste of a slot in my opinion, so I was basically just harassing you back like you were doing me. It's all in good fun. Oh well... back to collecting these cans! X-(

As for the final auctions... The 2nd to last one I pulled out for good and you definitely won that one hands down, but the last one kept timing out. I pulled out to see if anyone was waiting, then when I seen him single bidding before it would get all the way down I just figured I'd let you waste a few more bids. Then the site kept freezing and I couldn't get any bids to register. Sometimes it would pop back in then I'd go to the auction to put another bidbuddy before it would do it again and it wouldn't load. I tried to throw some singles in from the front page, but they never went through and when the auction finally came back, it showed it had closed. :-(

I emailed during the auction stating I could not get back to it though, and they said they seen it and they believed it was the widgets causing some issues, which is why they removed them. After they took them off though, it was still doing it, so they are investigating to figure out what's causing it. All in all it was a good show at least. I'm usually better at strategy, but wasn't really paying it much attention due to being back and forth on BZ watching this 70" TV auction. Might shoot for it after awhile. Just waiting for the right time.

P.S. That was a nice win earlier where you were single bidding letting the other two fight it out twice. You got a steal on that.

I was actually sniping to get others to jump into your auction and drawing attention away from my other ones some times it works wonders, there were simply no bidders tonight. I will only go at bidpacks when they are directly infront of high end auctions I want. up until today I won a few large BP for a few cents, plus the complaining about hogging all the big stuff I tried to tone it down.

I am pretty exited about the America the Beautiful coins they look pretty cool , maybe I can get the rest of the set?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: penny auction, penny auction gold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users