penny auction penny auction gold

• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Sunday

You better not abandon us on the DD thread. We'd miss your commentary!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Due to Penny Auction Watch's recent server migration/DNS propagation we lost some posts - many were in this thread. All posts after 121 are now missing, but I will repost them here from the print version of the site:
  • BidWealth
    1 Attachment(s)

Hi All
    Just an update...
    Our servers will be up in the next Hour
    Attachment 1131

• 08-11-2011, 12:51 PM
    realbidtowin

I must say the integrity of this management is incredible they certainly stand accountable for server side issues. This is especially obvious since they are voiding the last 4 auction 2 of wich were very profitable for them. For those involved bids will be back by Friday and limit slots will be cleared. It is refereshing to see honest startups lie this. so for those involved and waiting just be patient I am very confident they will get it all worked out in short order

• 08-11-2011, 01:17 PM
    BidWealth
    1 Attachment(s)

Hi RBTW
    Thank you so much for your understanding and support
    EVERYTIME the server company has given me a time frame I have added an hour or 2 hrs to updates
    and posts. And EVERYTIME they have failed to do their job in a timely manner.
    We thank you for the support and apologize DEEPLY for the inconvenience
    Attachment 1132

• 08-12-2011, 12:52 PM
    824addiction

I jumped on the site today, in preparation for this afternoon abc evening auctions...I noticed a lot of new people with pre bids. Here is what I totally don't understand: what is up with all the "real" slim shady names? Some of them don't really make sense? I know I don't get out much in the PA world...but what am I missing?? Is it like "real"ly don't even think of bidding against me? Lol...just curious.

• 08-12-2011, 01:01 PM
    BigHumpDaddy

They had a promotion yesterday on a daily coupon site, so I wouldn't think it strange that there are several new bidders out there today.

• 08-12-2011, 01:18 PM
    824addiction

Gotcha! That explains the increase in traffic....now, the "real" part?

• 08-12-2011, 01:20 PM
    BidWealth

OK
    Update... Server issues have been handled and everything is back to normal
    Please accept our heartfelt apologies for ANY and ALL inconveniences
    Bids have been returned for those auctions affected

• 08-12-2011, 01:59 PM
    iwontgiveup

Quote:
     [/HR]Originally Posted by 824addiction Posted Image
    Gotcha! That explains the increase in traffic....now, the "real" part?
     [/HR]

The word/term "real" that you see either at the beginning or at the end of their username didn't really start happening until roughly about a year and a half ago. Power bidders have built their reputation throughout the penny auction industry over the years, and with that comes copycats/impostors/wannabes. Other bidders know that generally, people are scared of power bidders, therefore, they would "steal" their username, even though it's not really stealing because no one has any legal rights to any username. So when a new site opens up, some people put their username as a known power bidders name.

Then what happens, is that these power bidders will eventually try to register to this same site as well, and soon realize that their username has already been taken. So, in order to keep their reputation as "ExampleUsername", they put "RealExampleUsername" so that people know who is the real one and who is not. However, sometimes these power bidders try to register to the site, only to find out that "ExampleUserName", "RealExampleUsername", "RealRealExampleUsername", "RealRealRealExampleUsername" and "TheRealExampleUserName" have all been taken, so then they are left trying to make something else like "ExampleUsername4Real".

Basically, all of this "real" username stuff, is to firstly, maintain reputation, and secondly because they like their username and rather not use anything else. Some bidders however, just put "real" in front of their name to feel like a power bidder, as it can also be used as an intimidation tactic.

I started a funny thread about this not too long ago, about what newly registered customers that have never seen a penny auction site, might first think when they see all these "real"'s all over the place.

Anyway, I hope this cleared up some of your confusion.

• 08-12-2011, 02:22 PM
    824addiction

Ha! Ha! I wish I had read your post! Thanks for clearing that up! But, now...I feel so slighted! Lol..NO one has tried to steal MY name! Lol. I did notice lots of people tried to steal the "idontquit1" name on quibids, but I'm such a DA that I thought it was just because a lot of people wished they had come up with that name first...lol..then again....I do recall seeing an "idontquit824,".......maybe, just maybe??? Lol

• 08-12-2011, 02:39 PM
    iwontgiveup

Quote:
     [/HR]Originally Posted by 824addiction Posted Image
    Ha! Ha! I wish I had read your post! Thanks for clearing that up! But, now...I feel so slighted! Lol..NO one has tried to steal MY name! Lol. I did notice lots of people tried to steal the "idontquit1" name on quibids, but I'm such a DA that I thought it was just because a lot of people wished they had come up with that name first...lol..then again....I do recall seeing an "idontquit824,".......maybe, just maybe??? Lol
     [/HR]

No problem! And here is that thread I was talking about, in case you wanna have a look: http://www.pennyauct...lan.html<br />
    And heck, if you keep up your bidding patterns the way you currently have them, I don't think it will be too long before we see lots of Erin824's popping up here and there! :P

Good luck on bidding tonight by the way. I've got plans, so I won't be joining ya! Although, you wouldn't even know if I was on anyway, since I've requested a username change! I feel like an undercover cop.:smilielol5:

• 08-12-2011, 03:05 PM
    Randomguy

I gota wait till sunday before I can win some more :)

Names sometimes do imply stuff that the 'average' newbie wont want to go against.

having spent a lot of time on other sites and doing my own stuff I learn to ignore the name and watch patterns. I've 'taken down' the 'impossible' guys before but it always costs... I lost 200 bids to cost another guy 4000+ for an item he didn't win... part of the online game is the longer the auction goes the more likely you'll lose.

Iwontgiveup hit it on the nail tho, if you start seeing "RealProtoProtos" then it might be someone ganked his name on a new site to try and 'steal' his creditability.

In the end, names don't matter, its if you win or not :)

• 08-12-2011, 03:09 PM
    Randomguy

BTW guys I really want to compliment Bidwealth on their communication skills. I've called and emailed with questions about last monday and received prompt responses and service.

I haven't ran across this level of customer care in ages. Many thanks to the folks @ Bidwealth!

• 08-12-2011, 04:50 PM
    Randomguy
    1 Attachment(s)

Anyone else notice some server lag today?

Took a few screenshots... all stuck at same time for about 4 mins.. refreshed and connecting to the site is very difficult at the moment.

Was stuck on this screen for about 4 mins... finally refreshed when first auction was 2 mins.

Attachment 1136

• 08-12-2011, 04:57 PM
    Randomguy

Weird running smooth now.. just thought i'd ask a few mins ago :) Auctions progressing fine it seems :) Got scared for a few mins

• 08-12-2011, 04:58 PM
    Randomguy
    1 Attachment(s)

lol 5 seconds after I post that all the auctions get paused...

screenshot of what i got

Attachment 1137

• 08-12-2011, 05:07 PM
    ProtoProtoss

Looks like a "DNS propogation" issue to me. If so, hopefully it will resolve itself swiftly. Pending on whom their hosting company is, it could take anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of days.

• 08-12-2011, 05:32 PM
    Randomguy

Sigh...

Someone remove my image from post #134? Didn't realize some info was on it i'd rather not share... (can't edit my post either)

teach me to not look before posting..

• 08-12-2011, 05:36 PM
    ProtoProtoss

Quote:
     [/HR]Originally Posted by Randomguy Posted Image
    Sigh...

Someone remove my image from post #134? Didn't realize some info was on it i'd rather not share... (can't edit my post either)

teach me to not look before posting..
     [/HR]

ROFLMAO! You know a few of us might take that as a challenge or call a photo edit bluff and test you on that right? Just saying. Was a good laugh though, haha.

• 08-12-2011, 08:27 PM
    BidWealth
    1 Attachment(s)

Hi All
    Obviously our tech problems have not been resolved
    I will keep you all up to date
    As soon as I know anything, I will post as well as email
    Attachment 1138

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

BidWealth
  • BidWealth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Hi All
We are LIVE with 30 auctions beginning at 5pm EST!
We have also added Sunday auctions in answer to our West Coast
partners that have been requesting weekends!
So our new schedule is Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri starting at 5pm EST
Soon to expand and include Tue & Thu
We have TRUE merchant accts now so our bidding partners aren't
required to subject themselves to PayPal's terms of service, which
were declared by the US Court System to be "unconscionable".
Happy Bidding!Attached File  bidwealthlogobig.jpg   43.8KB   1 downloads

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Hi Bid Wealth and bidders on this site. I finally decided to bid on this site after I noticed the weekend and longer nights are available for me to bid due to work conflict hours.
When I noticed win only 4 per week and noticed there was nobody bidding I got little happy. Well, after I decided to buy bids and learn the auto bidder on this site I noticed until I bought bids it doesn't show bidders on there. Well, it would been nice to see if there was a way to see people bidding before I bought bids. On any other sites before I start to throw around bids you could see who is on. Strangely, it didn't show anyone on the items. I also don't see cancel of autobidder so I guess you cannot pull out after you put auto bids? unless you log out or something? Like RealBid2Win said check the allpennyauctions site under hall of fame I could see before wasting bids. Good luck and happy bidding.
Lastly, if I bid against anyone, I'm just trying my luck to win. I don't have any bad negative emotions to anybody and just wishing my luck. :bigsmile:
Oh, wait a minute after double clicking then you could see who is on. Too late for now I guess.

Edited by dragon ball, 21 August 2011 - 11:22 PM.

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Hi Bid Wealth and bidders on this site. I finally decided to bid on this site after I noticed the weekend and longer nights are available for me to bid due to work conflict hours.
When I noticed win only 4 per week and noticed there was nobody bidding I got little happy. Well, after I decided to buy bids and learn the auto bidder on this site I noticed until I bought bids it doesn't show bidders on there. Well, it would been nice to see if there was a way to see people bidding before I bought bids. On any other sites before I start to throw around bids you could see who is on. Strangely, it didn't show anyone on the items. I also don't see cancel of autobidder so I guess you cannot pull out after you put auto bids? unless you log out or something? Like RealBid2Win said check the allpennyauctions site under hall of fame I could see before wasting bids. Good luck and happy bidding.
Lastly, if I bid against anyone, I'm just trying my luck to win. I don't have any bad negative emotions to anybody and just wishing my luck. :bigsmile:
Oh, wait a minute after double clicking then you could see who is on. Too late for now I guess.

Update, I found myautobidder and noticed when you try to uncheck the box and pops up alert noticed clicking ok. Still cannot undue or cancel the auto bidder. Oh, well I should have study the site more before jumping in. :frown:

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

oh well, there it goes. firefox and google chrome still slowed my computer down and couldn't reload on time. At least it was nice to see vibbu win. We both spent way over. I wish I knew how to shut off the autobidder. I kept clicking to unmark the x but it didn't trigger.

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Well, it would been nice to see if there was a way to see people bidding before I bought bids.

I contacted them about this and they know about it. It's actually a glitch that is making it happen, and is not intended. You can see tell if someone is on or not by the price of it, or by going to the actual auction page where it will display properly.

I wish I knew how to shut off the autobidder. I kept clicking to unmark the x but it didn't trigger.

You cannot turn off an autobidder once it has activated. Although it looks like people are turning them off, they are actually bidding in small sets of say 10, 25, etc. in order to see whom else is watching the auction.
Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

You can't control the flock without the fear of the wolf.
---

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

You need to load multiple autobidders at smaller increments, it is only the 1st autobidder you cannot delete all others can be deleted until they become active. I think they plan on manking a change to the autobidder maybe setting a limit of 50 bids per set that will prevent this from happening with large counts

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

I got this message again while bidding. I don't know what it is but my laptop just doesn't seem to work well with the BidWealth. Maybe it's time for newer computer to bid on.

Here is the message:

The connection has timed out

The server at || Welcome Bidwealth || is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

The server at || Welcome Bidwealth || is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

I believe some of your data packets are being lost in transit to BidWealth somewhere during the route. Either they are being blocked, filtered, or just not reaching the destination due to something else. Ping the server and see what response you get.
Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

---

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

I believe some of your data packets are being lost in transit to BidWealth somewhere during the route. Either they are being blocked, filtered, or just not reaching the destination due to something else. Ping the server and see what response you get.

Hi Proto thank you for your comment. I'm having a bad luck on this site. After I won two 105 bid pack as I tried to pay I got this message so I sent the site a e-mail hopefully they will reply to me tomorrow in my office at work place to solve this issue. I had lot's of weird thing with some penny auction site but today sure was a strange day.

[TABLE="class: bg_grey"]
[TR="class: bg_white, bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]
[TD][TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="width: 8"]
Posted Image[/TD]
[TD]There is a problem

Below you'll find a list of possible problems.
Please use the browser back button and correct the problem as listed below.

[TABLE="class: edit2"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Merchant:[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]Bidwealth Inc[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Error Message:[/TD]
[TD="class: alert, width: 50%"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Fraud Protection and Good Customer Practice
If the message above reads that we can not accept this card number, email address or IP number, please read the disclaimer below.

Disclaimer
This following statement does not indicate that a payment type is not valid or can not be charged due to lack of credit. Our payment gateway accepts payments in good faith at the time of purchase, over the Internet. We are required to keep records of any information that may avoid a potential loss of funds. All payments that are submitted on our associated websites will be subject to an approval/screening process that is designed to identify any prior mis-use, or abuse on the part of a purchasing customer that has done business with us before. We reserve the right to decline any payment that has been subject to any prior inquiry (retrieval request), refund (chargeback), or any other claim representing an outstanding loss to DalPay and it's associated partners.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

You need to load multiple autobidders at smaller increments, it is only the 1st autobidder you cannot delete all others can be deleted until they become active. I think they plan on manking a change to the autobidder maybe setting a limit of 50 bids per set that will prevent this from happening with large counts

Thank you realbidtowin and proto. I don't think I like this site too much. 1st, I know who vibbu is since we used to bid back in the days at bidrodeo and rockybid and I prefer not to waste bids with tough bidders. Well, I was happy to see that I didn't put all my bids in the auto bidder. I really like the sites where you could turn off the auto bidder manually. Now, I got to make up my losses on other PA sites. LOL

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

That's understandable. The unstoppable autobidder is good in the way that everyone (well most people) know that when someone places one, they are now committed to the amount of bids they put, as sometimes onlookers expect it to go a long time and will leave, thus leaving you a nice win. This works because the autobidders go off at 1 sec or going... instead of 3 seconds like it used to. This prevents people from just sitting there sniping all day thinking they can just prolong an auction. That's probably my favorite part about the autobidders is they aren't designed to just run your bids while a person sits back and watches.

You can still bid similar to other sites, you just have to place your autobidders properly.

.01 - 200.00 50 bids
1.00 - 200.00 50 bids
2.00 - 200.00 50 bids
3.00 - 200.00 50 bids

etc. This is what I do, so I can pull out at pretty much any time I want to.

Edited by ProtoProtoss, 22 August 2011 - 03:13 AM.

---

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

That's understandable. The unstoppable autobidder is good in the way that everyone (well most people) know that when someone places one, they are now committed to the amount of bids they put, as sometimes onlookers expect it to go a long time and will leave, thus leaving you a nice win. This works because the autobidders go off at 1 sec or going... instead of 3 seconds like it used to. This prevents people from just sitting there sniping all day thinking they can just prolong an auction. That's probably my favorite part about the autobidders is they aren't designed to just run your bids while a person sits back and watches.

You can still bid similar to other sites, you just have to place your autobidders properly.

.01 - 200.00 50 bids
1.00 - 200.00 50 bids
2.00 - 200.00 50 bids
3.00 - 200.00 50 bids

That's a great tip Proto. Thanx. I done that similar at the Centibids site and doing pretty decent there. Only problem with that site is you only have 12 win limit per month and they only have amazon gift card and electronics items. I prefer visa/amex gift cards since you could also use them to buy bids as well. Another site BidCactus was a great site for me until it got way too crowded and always too many new jumpers/snipers costing you bunch of bids. I bid back to these people but wind up huge loss paying my credit card bills so I took a hike from there.

PS Congrats on your win just now for the gold coin. :madface::madface:

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

.01 - 200.00 50 bids
1.00 - 200.00 50 bids
2.00 - 200.00 50 bids
3.00 - 200.00 50 bids

! second timers are BAD they promote collusion as teams can autobid each other and all others will complaicently watch then one will intentionally stop their autobid and all the other bidders waiting will not have a chance to react so it ends. It is also costly to the site as too many auctions will end prematurely because the single bidders did not have a chance to react. It simply does not promote competition.

AS for the autobid set up I always use the .01 at the start, even if I set 50 autobidders I use the same for all. I also use $50.00 for the end price (unless it exceeds $50). When I start an auction I usually set groups of .10 this way I have more flexability to get out say iof there were 3-4 autobidders going, however usually even in a deep auction I still do not set more than 20 per autobidder.

Look sometimes I set a autobidders from start to finish but I prefer applying a little startegy have the ability to stop and single bid and with 1 second resets there is no strategy there4 is only one way to win set and forget.

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

I do agree that it is costly to the site in a lot of cases when collusion is done, but in most cases from what I've seen, when people know it's a 1 second timer they tend not to bid at the last second as often trying to snipe because they can't tell if the auction is about to really end or not and it forces them to spend bids instead of only the people on auto. I like it in the way that it gives the person on auto a better chance to actually close an auction rather than have it go on for hours with someone sitting there watching their bids deplete just to jump in once it ends. They can still snipe at the GOING... just like ordinarily, but they have to pay more attention and be quicker on the finger rather than just wait it out.

Now on a time with a 1 sec timer, If a person magically takes his auto off and another is set EXACTLY when the other is to end or ends, that is definitely collusion and there needs to be some kind of security check to because there is no way somebody should be able to know exactly when your auto is going to finish.

Speaking of collusion... There are a couple users there that have caught my attention and I'm watching them closely to see what other auctions they bid on together. It was quite ironic that on my auction last night one person was single bidding the entire time, then once the other placed one bid, the other completely stepped away... right after he was done, the next came. The only time they both had a bid together was when it was me, (bidder 2) (bidder 3), then 3 took over. The fact that the timer is 1 second and they were able to accurately keep doing this (from the GOING & 2nd GOING) makes me wonder if they actually planned it out to do so. Single bidding all day is fine, but I just fine that very "odd" that one always managed to start exactly when the other stopped. The 3rd one is just a pure jumper and only really gets in auctions late anyways, so that was expected, but those other two... I dunno.

Edited by ProtoProtoss, 22 August 2011 - 06:13 PM.

---

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Hi was the win limit 4 per week? I tried to bid just now but says: I reached my win limit. I wonder on Monday next week will be win limit taken off. ???

Herbolos
  • Herbolos
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

The last I heard was the win limit is 4 per week and resets on Sunday.

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

The last I heard was the win limit is 4 per week and resets on Sunday.

Thank you.

upallnight
  • upallnight
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Did the issue where the site refreshes every time an auction ends get fixed? I lost 1 auction single bidding when this happened already when it refreshed with a few seconds left and came back ended and I don't want to risk it again....but I hate just relying on an auto full time. It bothers me to no end to feel like I HAVE to run an auto when 2 or more others set an auto on top of mine. I only lost 100 on it but I would have been pissed if it had been a deep one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: penny auction, penny auction gold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users