penny auction penny auction gold

• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

Herbolos
  • Herbolos
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Did the issue where the site refreshes every time an auction ends get fixed? I lost 1 auction single bidding when this happened already when it refreshed with a few seconds left and came back ended and I don't want to risk it again....but I hate just relying on an auto full time. It bothers me to no end to feel like I HAVE to run an auto when 2 or more others set an auto on top of mine. I only lost 100 on it but I would have been pissed if it had been a deep one.

Finally, my internet has been down all day, and I missed most of the auctions tonight. Anyway, an email I received today indicates they believe this issue has been resolved.

upallnight
  • upallnight
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Looks like it. And the thing where the other 3 auctions on top of an auction page caused the page to jump up and down on going once....thank you for fixing that!!! Can't stand bid button moving around and it made me feel like I was about to have a seizure. Now if we get the bidder names to show on home page, I think it will be all straight again.

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

this site sure is hard to win. Looks like either I need to keep on over bidding to win or just not my luck here. I know most of the top bidders but some bidders don't know me please don't be mad if over spending on bids. :rolleyes:

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Yep, this site isn't firefox friendly. Causing to freeze lost my 105 bid packages earlier but then the next one thanks to Proto's advice last week I made sure it goes way up there only problem is won by over 200 minus bids to win 105 bid packs. I thought by saving bid packs for a whole month would help out on winning the gold but I guess this site doesn't seem to work that way. I'm kind of surprise people have lot's of $ to throw around in this economy. Well gotta keep on bidding.

BidWealth
  • BidWealth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Looks like it. And the thing where the other 3 auctions on top of an auction page caused the page to jump up and down on going once....thank you for fixing that!!! Can't stand bid button moving around and it made me feel like I was about to have a seizure. Now if we get the bidder names to show on home page, I think it will be all straight again.

Hi All
ANOTHER great night on BidWealth!
Saw a lot of auctions end for mere pennies and afew that had some battles...
We DID remove the 3 auctions from the top of the auction page. We removed them because as Upallnight commented it was driving some of our
bidding partners nuts with the unexpected shifting.
I actually believe THAT is what remedied the refresh issue as well
the site and look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
Attached File  bidwealthlogobig.jpg   43.8KB   1 downloads

BidWealth
  • BidWealth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

1 Hour till over 20 Pure Gold & Silver auctions!
BidWealth.com

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

You need to load multiple autobidders at smaller increments, it is only the 1st autobidder you cannot delete all others can be deleted until they become active. I think they plan on manking a change to the autobidder maybe setting a limit of 50 bids per set that will prevent this from happening with large counts

Hi realbidtowin, that's not you on the cash arena that I just bid tonight right? Usually you put real 1st but just curious since that bidder name looks little similar to yours. Auction Details • All Penny Auctions.com

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

double post

BidWealth
  • BidWealth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Hi All
ANOTHER great night at BidWealth.com!
We had over 25 precious metals auctions tonight and some INCREDIBLE wins!
Seven auctions went for LESS than TEN CENTS!
GREAT to see everyone getting such incredible buys!
I would like to take a moment to head off something that is rather troubling...
A couple users have been contacting other users claiming that the site is using bots.
I don't know what they base this on, since those making these claims are winning auctions with as little as 1 - 6 bids.
Let me type this again so you know it wasnt a typo... People winning PURE GOLD & SILVER with 1 - 6 bids have begun trying to lead others to believe that we are shill bidding.
Rather than speak of baseless assumptions and pure supposition. Lets try to discuss simple stubborn FACTS
1 of our bidding partners making these claims has won 12 out of 16 auctions they ever bid on, on our site, bought a 1/4 ounce of gold twice, once for 134.00 once for a whopping 300.00
The other has won auctions with 10 or FEWER bids 7 times...
Apparently we aren't very GOOD at shill bidding, but it's easy to throw rumors around when unburdened by facts
When we were putting together our business we had numerous conversations regarding how to handle and maintain customer satisfaction with the NON-winning clients
Not ONCE did it ever occur to us that people who were receiving a literal 2 to 1 return on their money would be the ones baselessly accusing us of improprieties
Rumors and baseless accusations impugning ones character are so incredibly easy to throw around.
FACTS however, are much more stubborn things and don't tend to lend themselves to simple guessing.
So lets continue with facts... We aren't selling a bunch of garbage refurbished iPods or other soon to be worth nothing electronics. We offer precious metals, that puts a great deal of accountability on our shoulders. Our Merchant Accounts would shut us down IMMEDIATELY if we were unable to verify not only that we were shipping, but what, how much and how often. One of the conditions of our merchant accounts is that we are STRICTLY prohibited from using admin bidders. Another of those pesky facts that so rudely get in the way of mindless rumors.
I really don't mean to come off as ranting... But simple minded rumor mongering that threatens the reputation of our business and therefore welfare of my family and myself, I take as an assault. It would be so nice if people would consider the consequences for business owners and their families PRIOR to impugning others character and integrity with nothing but supposition and assumptions.
For both of the "powerBidders" that are making these baseless claims we offer to refund every penny they have spent on our site. They merely send the gold & silver back, we refund their money and we all carry on with our lives.
That seems more than reasonable, unless of course their goal is MERELY character assassination to prevent competition.
I anxiously await their request for a refund.

upallnight
  • upallnight
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Bidwealth,
Your comments may or may not be directed at me as I do not consider myself to be a "power bidder" but I have had some easy wins and battles on the site. Easy wins do not indicate no use of bots or shills, that would be a little too obvious.

That being said.... I will give my side of the story. I heard from 2 bidders that they were unsure about some of the bidders on the site. No harsh accusations were made or proof, just some experienced bidders get a feeling when they have seen before and many have been scammed in cluding myself so there is always skepticism when a new site starts off. After hearing it ...in my mind I'm thinking it's possible....but I hope not, I like the site. Shortly after I was bidding on another new site running the same script and an unknown bidder from bidwealth was bidding against me on this site. I then noticed another unknown bidder was taking on an experienced bidder on this other site who I had only seen on bidwealth also....so...hmmmmm, that's strange I'm thinking. I look through the completed auctions on this site and I can see around 10 different bidders winning auctions that are all bidding only there and bidwealth. I looked them up on APA, I didn't just assume they only bid these sites. These happen to be ones bidding against bidders who have a funny feeling. Now, I realize there could be some coincidence that all these unknown users are only on these two new sites, but I'm recalling you guys saying the script you bought turned out to be stolen and sold to you by some shady character so who's to say it doesn't have bots built into it. I don't claim to know anything about script/software, etc. but if that didn't throw up a red flag for me I would be naive.

I only reported what I saw to 2 the bidders mentioned and 1 bidder I highly reccomended to join the site who just joined, and the bidder that referred me to the site to bounce this off them for their opinion on it. I knew he would probably mention it to you for your take on it since I know that he communicates with you regularly and brought the majority of the bidding world to you. If you ask him, I'm sure he would tell you I was in question and not accusing or insisting the site was wrong doing. I did not bring it to you yet because I don't have facts so there really is no point. Obviously somebody that would do that type of thing would not be likely to admit to it. It wasn't rumor mogering, threatening your family or any of that business. For all I know something could have been going on and you not even being aware of it, just as when you were buying a stolen script. I did not choose to confront without facts, or drag you into the forums to bash you or try spreading the word to your entire user base. I am curious how there are so many exact same users with chowbids that have never been seen and if you want to address that feel free. But I hardly consider mysely or any of the other bidders to be asassins trying to bring you down. If I get deals why would I have any motivation to do that....to scare off the guy that brought me here and bidders I TOLD to come join to lessen my competition....makes no sense.

I'm sorry you take it the way you did immediately, I guess if you have done no wrong I can understand. If you wanted to clear it up, that I can understand.

BidWealth
  • BidWealth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Precisely I wanted to clear it up.
When you first start out in this business and are losing money hand over fist. To hear that someone who wins auctions with 1 - 10 bids claiming shill bidding...
It ventures into the "In 5 years when I tell this story people aren't going to believe me" realm
And to state that auctions, (on a pretty regular basis) going for less than 10 bids or so ISNT an indication of NOT shill bidding, but names on other sites IS, simply adds another level of complete absurdity to the whole thing .
Firstly it is absurd to think that anyone selling a script would PRE-LOAD names for bots... Basically what that means is, a company has a bunch of names loaded in the system, on ALL their client sites, so as to fool everyone by using all the same names on all their client sites as shill bidders... IF that were the case... Then THE LAST thing that would indicate this is that the names appear on only a few sites. So it is a neat concept in that it lends itself well to circle logic, but other than that it's kinda silly.
In regard to addressing why some bidders are on our site as well as another... How? I can't address that anymore than I could address that some are on our site and possibly NO OTHERS, some on 5 others, some 15, 50, 100?
The other thing I can't address is how APA acquires their data. Since they say BidWealth's avg bid price is .94 I would have to conclude that they don't do it very well.
I would have also to draw that conclusion when as I type 1 of the bidders names in question it offers to provide their Quibids history. I would further have to arrive at that conclusion as I have entered the names of 5 users into the search ALL of which I got FROM Quibids and APA claims NONE of these users exist they are 0 for 5
So I guess my only answer is that we don't vet usernames and disallow based on popularity on APA
What I SEE on BidWealth is a GREAT many auctions ending for incredible LOSSES, If that doesn't indicate the lack of shill bidding, then nothing will.
What I also see is some people that seem to be of the belief that nobody is allowed to bid against them. Aside from sending an alert to all new users whom NOT to bid against... I don't think it is within our control.
At the end of the day it is really simple. Our Merchant Accts would sever relations with us if we were using those tactics. Again, we don't deal with WalMart junk on our site, and for that reason they made this abundantly clear when they opened these accounts

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I have been on bidwealth since day 1 i have had auctions for pennies and 99% of my auctions were under retail the only time I went over was from a known bidder on PAW. To date I am in the black and doing good, I know that does not prove no shilling however it has not even crossed my mind. I had a conversation with thier management about Marketing and we discussed not marketing to the existing PA world and concentrate marketing off line to several specific demographics as this is the real key to sucess for PA's, with that said there will be plenty of unknown bidders and you should probabaly expect alot more. For those doubters out there I am totally fine with my results and if asked I will confirm Bidwealth is a great site with exceptional management and customer service.

Here is further proof of thier integrity, I had 2 auctions a while back between the two they totaled $50 end price (you can do the bid math) both had a glitch, I won both paid for them, their was a glitch in both auctions, Bidwealth voluntarily refunded the bids I placed even though I did not request that. Those were two VERY PROFITABLE auctions that they had to void, they could have easily kept my bids and refunded only the bidder that complained, but they did the honest thing and refunded EVERYONES bids. Being at this for over 2.5 years not haveing bid on countless sites i would safely say most of PA owners would keep a portion of the bids.

Needless to say i am not buying the shill concept

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Hey Gary! Can you actually make a single post where you don't take the opportunistic stab at discussing how much money you spend, how many bids you've used, or how high your auctions go?

For a fact I have spent 10' of thousands of $$$ against bidders that ultimatly filed chargebacks...

I had 2 auctions a while back between the two they totaled $50 end price (you can do the bid math)...

And if that's not bad enough...

I had a conversation with thier management about Marketing...

Now that's an uncommon occurrence, isn't it? Getting all "buddy buddy" with the help? Offering your "insightful" advice (until something doesn't work out in your favor, at least)? C'mon now. Even a blind man could see what your ulterior motives are...

And yes - I very much did just make a "handicapped" analogy. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone... <rollseyes>

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

I find a couple bidders extremely annoying to where they seem more like gnats in the thought that they are just trying to agitate auctions, moreso trying to prevent people from getting good deals rather than trying to actually win the auctions, but other than that... nothing too unusual. I wouldn't be standing behind them vouching putting my own name/reputation on the line, pulling in people from the bullion trading places I frequently visit, etc. etc. if I didn't have trust in them. I do understand everyone's concerns though as some of the bidding patterns people are using are a bit strange, but maybe they are trying to appear like a bot so people don't bid against them or something, I don't know. But either way, it's obviously working to a point where people are thinking they are bots, but not working as far as winning auctions because most of the current bidders don't care and will go the distance regardless. If that is the strategy, then so be it, but I wouldn't let it affect my bidding if I were you all.
Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

You can't control the flock without the fear of the wolf.
---

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Hey Gary! Can you actually make a single post where you don't take the opportunistic stab at discussing how much money you spend, how many bids you've used, or how high your auctions go?

And if that's not bad enough...

Now that's an uncommon occurrence, isn't it? Getting all "buddy buddy" with the help? Offering your "insightful" advice (until something doesn't work out in your favor, at least)? C'mon now. Even a blind man could see what your ulterior motives are...

And yes - I very much did just make a "handicapped" analogy. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone... <rollseyes>

This is more proof that collusion is going on as this poster has been banned by PAW over 1 year ago and has signed up using his girl friends name. He also bids under both names on same sites. Bidwealth and other PA owners take note of this he goes by dzignr_tastz and the user name here dzignrz_girl.

I am sure the management does not appreciate you mucking up a serious subjct regarding their site and integrity with your childish vendettas and jealousy.

Edited by realbidtowin, 31 August 2011 - 02:53 AM.

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

There you go... making assumptions again, and a rather feeble attempt at that. This is her account (as were the accounts on the select few sites I actually talked her into trying out for a short time), it's been active since before I was banned, and has simply never been posted from before now due to the previous posts she tried to make being moderated and never showing up. That's alright, though. It's definitely more than I can say for your "wife" who up and suddenly disappeared into thin air, except to show up on rare occasion on the sites with too many high dollar items to go around (and where you need a second account to circumvent the limits). Me - I rarely even ever hit mine.

So again - pot, kettle, black.

Now as for "management" (and the topic at hand before you quite tactfully turned it into a self-serving gloat fest)... I personally wouldn't even feel the need to defend myself against a point that has no validity, for, as of this point, there's no actual proof of anything. There's simply random speculators and those being speculated upon. That said, I'm by no means saying there is any validity to this situation, and am also not saying there isn't, as I have absolutely no idea to be quite honest. I'm just saying what's the point? Let the naysayers be naysayers and simply carry on with business as usual if business is, in fact, "usual". Those that feel something is amiss will eventually move on and those that don't, won't. It's pretty cut and dry as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not sure there needs a thread dedicated to it...

BidWealth
  • BidWealth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Didn't mean to start, or foster an argument amongst people here.
We posted because we were informed that some of our bidding partners had concerns. We wanted to address those concerns. Since they were quite obviously unwarranted we chose to address them head on, up front and publicly. Rather than ignore them and hope they go away. Everyone has different styles of handling adverse situations, that is and likely will be ours.
As to collusion with bidding partners and mgmt, our phone number is on the site because we WANT to be available to our clients. We personally despise the variation of the online business that provides an email for customer service, which so often is little more than a "black hole", of non response. We have spoken personally to quite a large % of our bidding partners. Never is bidding, strategies, particular auctions, (while active), etc discussed. It is largely either them providing suggestions or insight into various aspects or us asking for their insight. Invariably the conversations are not only asking for their PERSONAL preferences on a matter, but if they are quite active and experienced, also how they believe MOST bidding partners will react. i.e. Zip Bidders for auto-bidding. Something we will no doubt have to utilize as the dollar value of items increases. Many like them, but then readily admit they see some negative reactions to them.
In regard to RBTW's statements it appeared to me to simply to be utilizing his personal experience in regard to the subject at hand. And we are grateful for his defense, I think it would have been greatly watered down had he NOT mentioned the numbers he did.
Everyone is going to look at things through their own filter. And if you are looking for someone to be self-aggrandizing, you'll likely find it, whether it exists or not. I try not to ascribe hidden agendas and motivations to everything ANYONE says or does, and merely try to take things at face value. Someone mentioning that they had a conversation regarding marketing, is hardly anything more than pointing out that a PA site marketing outside the PA community is going to likely have users from outside the PA community. As a result of our Radio ads for example we have had countless conversations with individuals explaining what a PA IS, how it's POSSIBLE that the gold & silver is REAL and selling for 90+% off. It is highly unlikely these people are going to show up on APA.
APA is, I suppose a fine resource, ONLY because it is the ONLY resource, but since they don't include user names on most of the LARGEST PA sites, since their info on OUR site re; Bid Cost is a full 70% off center... It is HARDLY the bible.
And people making claims of a site legitimacy based SOLELY on APA are putting far more credibility into them then is warranted.
In addition this thread isn't DEDICATED to this, it was simply to the most obvious platform to bring it up and answers concerns.
Attached File  bidwealthlogobig.jpg   43.8KB   3 downloads

BidWealth
  • BidWealth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

ANOTHER great night on BidWealth.com!
20+ Auctions with some incredible steals for our Bidding partners
1 EPIC battle and a few small skirmishes!
All in all it looked like everyone did well and most importantly had fun!
We will see you all Friday Night for yet MORE auctions on pure gold & silver!
Have an incredible last half of your week

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Rest assured, you guys didn't "start" or "foster" anything. I'm simply tired (as I made obvious) of certain members purposely (and you haven't been around long enough to know just how often this happens) taking every available opportunity to throw in a dig for their own self-serving agenda of intimidation. For example, I'm most certain that stating the two auctions would have been "quite profitable" for the site would have been more than sufficient to drive the point home, but instead it was "you do the math"... (of just how powerful a bidder I am). And while you may not realize it as of yet, I've been watching it (and attempting to fight it as best I can) for two years now.

I also never insinuated any "collusion" between bidders and management, and honestly do not expect there is any, but there is certainly a pattern of certain bidders trying to "snuggle up" and gain the favor of management of new sites, and as long as they remain in those good graces, everything is fine and dandy. However, should a decision be made that is not in that the best interests of such bidders, you will quickly learn why it is dangerous to keep a snake as a pet, as I can only assume when it turns on you and strikes it will not be a pleasant experience.

As such, I would suggest that overall, you take bidder suggestions with a grain of salt, as a wolf in sheep's clothing could be more damaging to your business than simply not having the advice in the first place. However, it is certainly your business to run as you please, and by all means do with it as you wish. If you get a decent suggestion (solicited or otherwise) from a given bidder then by all means implement it if you see fit, but when top level bidders are helping you determine your marketing strategy, I can't help but feel a little bothered by that for if you are not adept enough (and I mean no insult or disrespect by that) to decide where your advertising dollars should go in this industry, that is what consultants are for... and in my opinion, they should not be the (or any, rather) bidders who stand to profit from your site and those same decisions.

As for APA, it is currently a mediocre tool at best, but it does collect detailed data from most sites, save a few (and it still pulls up bidder names on those sites it does not track when you search one). That noted, it does seem that a good portion of the bidders on your site have no previous bidding history, but that is to be expected to an extent with marketing efforts and your original product lineup. However (past stats aside), when these bidders (novice as they may be) don't quickly learn who the more difficult adversaries are (be it from ended auction histories or unfortunate personal experience) and simply keep focusing their seemingly fruitless efforts against them while they rarely bid against the lesser novice bidders who repeatedly walk away with good deals on the lesser items as a result, suspicions are surely going to be raised. Then again, everyone has visions of grandeur when first joining a site like yours, but limitless money and repeated ignorance (as in, lack of knowledge) rarely go hand in hand... or for long, at least.

Just my take on the situation... ;)

BidWealth
  • BidWealth
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Hi Dzignr
Your input is valued as is input from any of our members.
At the end of the day we are going to run our business by our terms, but it would be silly to ignore suggestions from our bidding partners.
And we do look at information provided by bidders in a few aspects, as to whether it would be self-serving or broad serving. Our GOAL
likely as is with most site owners, is how to provide a good experience for as many of our clients as possible, not simply a few.
As to the marketing conversation it wasn't marketing "advise", so much as a referral to a company that is familiar with the PA business and has worked
with other PA sites

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: penny auction, penny auction gold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users