Started by alredmon , Jul 28 2011 11:01 PM

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

alredmon
  • alredmon
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

:oh: Hello, I am fairly new at the penny auctions sites and did alot of homework before I tried them. Foopile.com was highly recommended and so I thought I would try them out. I won an Amazon gift card with the free sign up bids and even signed up to alertpay to pay for it, but that was that.... I have contacted support over and over about this and nothing except the message that a ticket was assigned and they would follow up as soon as possible. I have 4 tickets open for this one auction. I says right in my acct. on the website ...awaiting shipment. ???? I have about given up, thank goodness they were free bids but not a good experience for a newbie... so watch out here........I won the auction of June 25th The strange thing was when I needed help to sign up to Alertpay...they got right back to me...mmmmmmmm

JustDoIt
  • JustDoIt
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

:oh: Hello, I am fairly new at the penny auctions sites and did alot of homework before I tried them. Foopile.com was highly recommended and so I thought I would try them out. I won an Amazon gift card with the free sign up bids and even signed up to alertpay to pay for it, but that was that.... I have contacted support over and over about this and nothing except the message that a ticket was assigned and they would follow up as soon as possible. I have 4 tickets open for this one auction. I says right in my acct. on the website ...awaiting shipment. ???? I have about given up, thank goodness they were free bids but not a good experience for a newbie... so watch out here........I won the auction of June 25th The strange thing was when I needed help to sign up to Alertpay...they got right back to me...mmmmmmmm

I have concerns as well. I have contacted them about a Kindle from June 15th. Opened a ticket but gotten no response.

I have gotten 2 amazon gift cards that I won around the same time period.

Jim, could you please send me my Kindle, it has been 6 weeks.

-Unlimited

Edited by JustDoIt, 28 July 2011 - 11:52 PM.

BC1
  • BC1
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

I am still waiting on a Nintendo 3DS game console that I won on May 17th. I ended up paying more than retail for it. It's supposed to be a birthday present for my son and his birthday is in a couple of weeks. I submitted a support ticket earlier in the month and supposedly it is would be shipped soon, but it still has not. The only other item I got from this site, which was last year, took 2 1/2 months for it to arrive and that one cost me a little more than retail. It was paid for on October 3rd and did not arrive until a week before Christmas. How can they expect to retain customers with shipping practices like this?

Edited by BC1, 29 July 2011 - 01:30 AM.

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

I have been waiting over 5 weeks for a buy it now auction. Plus, they were running a promotion for a free USB internet radio device that was supposed to ship within 10 days of purchase of a bid pack. That promotion was about 6 weeks ago, and still nothing from that either. I chatted with Reina today about my buy it now auction, and was told via Reina from Jim that it would go out "soon". I tried to get clarification on what "soon" was but to no avail.

I'm sure it'll come, just probably won't come within the 4-6 weeks that it said on the site. Just a few days left...

My cordless drill set came in about 5 weeks. If they keep within the time frame they state, I am happy with that because we both agreed to that time frame (by me bidding on it and purchasing, and them disclosing it). I just don't like hearing about experiences like what BC1 wrote above. Not encouraging for me at all.

ALEXtheGREAT
  • ALEXtheGREAT
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I have problem with the site where in if im logged in, most of the "bid vouchers" are INVISIBLE and if i logged out i can see all the bid vouchers and some major auction visible.
It's been like six months like this and problem has not been solved... Check ur's too, u might have the same problem...
I'm still waiting for their solution for this!

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Any updates from you guys on foopile's shipping? Has anyone ever done a charge back with foopile before? If so, what was your experience? I have never done a chargeback on any site before, so I am just wondering...

I am not caring for the runaround I am seeming to get, even after I have tried to stand up for them and give them a chance. It seems it is my fault if I don't contact them to hear any info from them, despite the fact that they have all of my contact info.

Alex, I have never had a problem with any bid vouchers disappearing or anything like that. As far as the technical side of it, their site runs smoothly for me except for an inconsistency with the timers. It seems when I would be in the lead, it would say "closing" for several seconds then start back up again, but if someone else was in the lead and it says "closing", the auction would end right away. That always drove me nuts...

Thanks guys!!

JustDoIt
  • JustDoIt
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

I don't think a chargeback would work well for me. I only bought bids once and then just won bid packs and stuff to get my kindle which took me way over the buy-it-now option anyways. blah.

Anyway, still no word.

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

They ship slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... But they do ship.. Not worth the wait though.. SHAME ON YOU FOOPILE!

MidPennyBill
  • MidPennyBill
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,665 posts

We need a songwriter here... "One about to bite the dust"...

MidPennyBill
  • MidPennyBill
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,665 posts

We won on foopile, months ago
one about to bite the dust.
we email them with no response

Another one down, another one gone

You keep this up, you wont be here long
Your customers, are what make you strong

another one down, another one down
YOU'RE about to bite the dust...

Dont start doing better business for your users, and I'll finish the song and release it, and I'll see that all 8000+ members here get a copy

Sorry, I am just tired of the scams going on...

Tim@SpeedClik
  • Tim@SpeedClik
  • Members
  • 662 posts

Site not loading

JustDoIt
  • JustDoIt
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

loading now...

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Filed a ticket last night, as Reina has told me a number of times last week and the week before that Jim was unavailable whenever I try the chat feature. Every time I chat with her, I have given her my contact info for Jim to contact me (knowing that they already have it), but nothing. We'll see how it turns out, I'll keep ya'll updated...

JustDoIt
  • JustDoIt
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

I did the live chat feature today. Tomorrow will be make it 8 weeks since I won my Kindle. I talked to Reina, as of course Jim was unavailable. She told me "Our sipping period is 4-6 weeks. And we sometimes have delays in shipping the items, but we can assure you that you will receive. Unfortunately, Our processor is withholding our funds as of Friday due to a stolen credit card being passed thru. As soon as money is released, items will ship."

I asked if by week ten would be a reasonable time to expect it, and she said she could not say without her manager there.

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Hmmm... This "stolen credit card" and funds being held up as of Friday sounds kind of fishy... they have had our money A LOT longer than Friday.

Thanks for the update!

BC1
  • BC1
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

I am still waiting on a Nintendo 3DS game console that I won on May 17th. I ended up paying more than retail for it. It's supposed to be a birthday present for my son and his birthday is in a couple of weeks. I submitted a support ticket earlier in the month and supposedly it is would be shipped soon, but it still has not. The only other item I got from this site, which was last year, took 2 1/2 months for it to arrive and that one cost me a little more than retail. It was paid for on October 3rd and did not arrive until a week before Christmas. How can they expect to retain customers with shipping practices like this?

Son's birthday is in 5 days, 3DS paid for in May still not here, Reina just told me Jim's off for the week, this sucks!

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

BC1, I am going to try something... this is based off of my memory from close to a year ago when I fist joined the site, so this may not work... but, Paul was the one who would always send out the daily emails, etc. Since then, Jim was brought aboard, and now Reina as well. I believe the way the order goes, is that Reina works under Jim, and Jim under Paul. Now, if memory serves, Paul would always end the daily emails with Paul (@) Foopile.com (Amanda, please forgive me if I am not supposed to post that info, just trying to help us bidders from being taken advantage of).

I think I might try that email address later this evening, especially since Jim is off for the week, and he is the one who does the shipping. If that is still a current email address, it could be a quicker way to get a hold of somebody? Just a thought, and, if anything, my (or your) email will just bounce back and I/we will still be at the same place I/we are now. It might be worth the effort??

Hope your son has a wonderful birthday regardless!! I am sure you can come up with something to create many fun memories for him!!

diamondlea
  • diamondlea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Has there been any new information about foopile?? I have a PA friend awaiting 15 items or so and not having any luck as well...

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Jim was off last week, and, according to Reina via live chat, will be back on Monday. She told me while chatting on Thursday that she only has contact with Jim, and the shipping only goes through Jim, she doesn't know how to get a hold of Paul at all. I tried to contact Paul myself through an email I was hoping was still good, but no response (it didn't bounce back either).

Oh, she also said in our chat that sometimes Jim gets the ticket if you submit one, and sometimes he doesn't.

I find that funny, as they have no problem emailing folks everyday about what they have for auctions that day. I opted out of those emails recently.

I have tried my best to get them to reevaluate the way everything gets bottlenecked through Jim, and try to streamline their shipping process, but its all for nothing.

deenie61
  • deenie61
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

I haven't bought a bidpack from foopile in quite some time. Used to be one of my favorites. They've been around since I started with PA"S, over 18 months, not sure how long before that. So hardly a fly-by-night like many of the new sites that come and go within a month. They were horribly slow shipping then, it was just Jim. Then Paul joined in to help and I think it was better for awhile. Sorry to hear they are back to this terribly slow shipping again. Back when, it took 6-8 weeks, but I got everything I won, quality items, and in good shape. Then last month I got a strange package, a foopile mousepad. Been so long I had totally given up then forgotten. Everyone who placed just one bid in a particular auction was to get one. If they made good many months later on a mousepad I really don't think Jim is going to simply not make things right eventually. Maybe someone needs to nudge him with the FTC rules about shipping in 30 days? I was considering bidding there again, would like to but have to think twice now. Good luck everyone, though I think you'll eventually get your stuff, you shouldn't have to wait so long. Must be Reina getting the auction updates and such out daily. When items don't get shipped, what can it be besides financial or just plain laziness? It takes a little time to ship a package, but the handful of auctions they run daily out to be doable in a day I would think, if not a few days worth. I always wonder when I hear of sites talking about getting "caught up". I've yet to hear one explain just what aspect of shipping it is that causes them to get so far behind. Any auction owners care to enlighten us? Jim?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users