Started by alredmon , Jul 28 2011 11:01 PM

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

BC1
  • BC1
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Jim was off last week, and, according to Reina via live chat, will be back on Monday. She told me while chatting on Thursday that she only has contact with Jim, and the shipping only goes through Jim, she doesn't know how to get a hold of Paul at all. I tried to contact Paul myself through an email I was hoping was still good, but no response (it didn't bounce back either).Oh, she also said in our chat that sometimes Jim gets the ticket if you submit one, and sometimes he doesn't.I find that funny, as they have no problem emailing folks everyday about what they have for auctions that day. I opted out of those emails recently. I have tried my best to get them to reevaluate the way everything gets bottlenecked through Jim, and try to streamline their shipping process, but its all for nothing.

I tried the Paul email you gave me, no luck for me either. Thanks for the address!Items are three months out and he has time to take a vacation. The person that can't help, Reina, is super easy to get in touch with. Yet the person that is responsible for shipping is almost impossible to contact and there's always something wrong with the support ticket system. Even when I have Reina relay messages to Jim he still does not get back with me. Can't blame that on the ticket system. Last year here on PAW, Jim was asked if the slow shipping was due to lack of money for buying the product . He strongly denied it. Anyone who got an item shipped out at the end of May you can thank me. The $400 I spent that day was used to pay for your item(s). Now can you return the favor and blow some money on the site so they can buy the item I already paid for? They need to change their name to ponzibids.com

houla
  • houla
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I'm in the same boat with you guys, owed a win from 4/15/2011 that has been showing shipped/completed since 7/18/2011- and another win from 6/25/2011 Have tried live chat, but Jim has been unavailable. 16 weeks to receive an item is unacceptable, and it's time consuming and frustrating trying to get a answer on when or a tracking number for an item. :(
I've tried on numerous occassion to open a ticket, I haven't received a ticket number yet (or confirmation of a ticket). Hope Jim will address these problems when he returns...

houla
  • houla
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I guess I'll be talking to Reina again on Monday, hope we can get this taken care of. Wish me luck on the live chat,....again

BC1
  • BC1
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

I guess I'll be talking to Reina again on Monday, hope we can get this taken care of. Wish me luck on the live chat,....again

Good luck!

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Saw this thread and thought I'd come by to drop in my 2 cents. I signed up to foopile probably like forever ago. I don't know how long they have been in business for, but my guess is that it has been since the beginning. Since they don't ship to Canada, I never purchased bids or ever went back at all for that matter.

Well, after ALL this time of having my account inactive, they actually decided to send me an email on August 8, 2011 from paul@foopile.com. The email is as follows:

"Hello and Welcome,

I wanted to take some time and welcome you as a member of foopile.com

I've notice that since you signed up you have not purchased any bid packs or participated in any auctions.

I know that the bidding process can seem complicated and that there are alot of experienced players out there, but I wanted to share with you a method that always works - even on other sites.

First, you should never bid on penny auction sites which do not allow you to exchange your placed bids towards the final purchase of an item if you do not win. Our site, foopile.com, allows you to use your placed bids towards the final price of the item. We do, however, impose a limit of 50% of the retail price of the item towards exchange.

So, lets say you are in an auction for a $100 gift card to a place you know you will use it such as Target. You can safely place up to 102 bids in this auction without fear of losing any money. If you were to place 102 bids, then you could simply pay the remaining $50 balance and receive your gift card - a $100 total price.

BUT, what if you received a discount on those original 102 bids? Then you actually paid less for that giftcard than it was worth - so you still get a pretty good deal even if you don't win the auction.

So since I'm emailing you this information, and since I'd like to see you come bid on our site, I would like to offer you a bonus of 50% more bids on your next bid purchase.

After you purchase your next bid pack, simply shoot me an email at paul@foopile.com with your username (or registered email) and I'll add the bids to your account immediately.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,

Paul Vernon
foopile.com"

I responded back to the email with a couple questions of my own and received another response a couple days later. I had then asked a couple more questions but received no more responses after that because I just finished telling him I'm from Canada. I'm assuming that because of this, he was no longer interested in wasting his time talking to me any longer.

Anyway, just thought I'd share with you guys/gals what I came across. Yes, Paul does use this email - so it seems. Yes, it also seems they are very desperate for money since they are actually looking through all of their inactive accounts and personally writing to them. Not saying that there's anything wrong with doing this, but it certainly does raise some eyebrows when it's done this long after I registered. That's just my take on it anyway.

Cheers!

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Thank you for that information iwontgiveup!!

I wonder why I didn't get a response from Paul? I have been trying my best to be as charitable as I can in my emails, they have not been threatening towards foopile in any way, instead, I have been trying to work with them through all of this.

Interesting... I think I'll try to reach out to them for the umpteenth time in a few moments.

It's been 8 weeks for me, which isn't bad compared to some, but it is still unacceptable. Oh, and yes deenie, last week via live chat I sent Reina this link and asked her to share it with Jim: Selling on the Internet: Prompt Delivery Rules | BCP Business Center

Thanks again guys!!

joe
BigHumpDaddy

BC1
  • BC1
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Thanks for the info IWGU. I emailed paul@foopile.com awhile back and did not get a response. It's good to know that it is an active email address. It's not so good that he ignored it though.

BC1
  • BC1
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

I wonder why I didn't get a response from Paul? I have been trying my best to be as charitable as I can in my emails, they have not been threatening towards foopile in any way, instead, I have been trying to work with them through all of this.

Interesting... I think I'll try to reach out to them for the umpteenth time in a few moments.

It's been 8 weeks for me, which isn't bad compared to some, but it is still unacceptable. Oh, and yes deenie, last week via live chat I sent Reina this link and asked her to share it with Jim: Selling on the Internet: Prompt Delivery Rules | BCP Business Center

Thanks again guys!!

joe
BigHumpDaddy

I started out being very nice to them. Mainly because I am generally a nice person but also I figured I would have a better chance at getting the item I paid for. It wasn't until I was repeatedly ignored that I started getting grumpy in my emails to them. My son's birthday is today and there is no 3DS for him. A couple of weeks ago I told them I was going to contact local authorities, the internet crime division and whoever else I need to if they refused to get my son's birthday present here by his birthday. I also sent them exerts from the selling on the internet rules. The only time he responded to me was on July 8th when I initial inquired about it's whereabouts. Several support tickets later with no response, chats with Reina that go nowhere and being ignored by Paul also makes it hard for me to still be nice to them. Good luck, I hope you get what you are owed, I guess that their plan with me is to take my money and run.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Thanks again guys!!

joe
BigHumpDaddy

Thanks for the info IWGU. I emailed paul@foopile.com awhile back and did not get a response. It's good to know that it is an active email address. It's not so good that he ignored it though.

No problem guys! It is an active email address, so you may want to try and make your email subject somewhat eye catching or interesting, so that he does open and read it, and perhaps reply to it.

Either way, good luck with everything everyone!

houla
  • houla
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Just got done w/ live chat, *again*, -didn't speak w/ Jim, but Reina conveyed that Jim has been sending all shipping inquires to the head office. She says that funds haven't been released from their processor and when that happens, they will ship. "Sigh", I still didn't get an answer on when things will get shipped, just a guarantee you'll get them.....sometime....in the future :banghead:

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

I started out being very nice to them. Mainly because I am generally a nice person but also I figured I would have a better chance at getting the item I paid for. It wasn't until I was repeatedly ignored that I started getting grumpy in my emails to them. My son's birthday is today and there is no 3DS for him. A couple of weeks ago I told them I was going to contact local authorities, the internet crime division and whoever else I need to if they refused to get my son's birthday present here by his birthday. I also sent them exerts from the selling on the internet rules. The only time he responded to me was on July 8th when I initial inquired about it's whereabouts. Several support tickets later with no response, chats with Reina that go nowhere and being ignored by Paul also makes it hard for me to still be nice to them. Good luck, I hope you get what you are owed, I guess that their plan with me is to take my money and run.

It's too bad that there is a pattern of getting ignored and the run around, not just for us, but for many others as well. That just isn't right. Customer service really makes it or breaks it for many of us bidders.

Not sure if this link helps at all for their parent company Brawnco Inc., but why not go ahead and make it available:

http://www.bbb.org/s...84#reasonrating

BC1
  • BC1
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

It's too bad that there is a pattern of getting ignored and the run around, not just for us, but for many others as well. That just isn't right. Customer service really makes it or breaks it for many of us bidders.

Not sure if this link helps at all for their parent company Brawnco Inc., but why not go ahead and make it available:

Brawnco Inc. Business Review in Las Vegas, NV - Southern Nevada BBB

Thanks for the link!

beachcitypostings
  • beachcitypostings
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

The following is an update to and repost of what was posted under a different forum question:

My delay hasn't been as long as citcelsyD's--only 2 1/2 months for a camera that was a present for my child (yeah, she's not thrilled with the extended delay). I've tried the chat many times (Reina probably expects to hear from me a few times per week. she should get an award for patience), but not much success. We did have a 3-way chat between Reina, Jim, and myself. Jim indicated he reordered the item, but I'd love to find out how to contact their supplier to find out what the status is, since I've asked for the shipping date and tracking number but the info doesn't seem to be available.

I'm guessing that I'll know when the item is actually shipped when I'm informed of the tracking number (basing this on receiving the tracking number when the free mouse was shipped).

Reina told me today (now a week or two ago) that Jim has moved to a different part of the company, is no longer helping her side during working hours, and that the head office is now handling the wins and shipping. Unfortunately, that seems to leave a big gap (at least from the customer's point of view) as to how much info the head office is going to provide.

Anyway, any suggestions/advice for trying to get this resolved any faster would be much appreciated! (I did learn a good lesson in not announcing any gift for an item I've won until I actually receive it; hopefully the other wins will arrive faster).

UPDATE: I was able to find their fax number online and tried that. Not sure if that will make any difference; I addressed it to both Jim and Paul. I also had a chat with Reina this morning. She is unsure when Jim is returning, and she indicated that she does report to someone else at the head office in addition to Jim, as he's not there much anymore (not sure if that s/b interpreted as he's in a different area or if his hours are reduced). As to my daughter's camera, well, unfortunately I couldn't see making her wait longer, so I bought her one from Amazon (making a preteen wait this long is NOT fun). Given that Jim said that the other item should take 6-7 weeks, I would LOVE it to be only that long (right now, it's about the halfway mark). In the interim, on the plus side, many of the recent auctions have sold for more than the manufacturer's retail price, so theoretically that should help improve the cash flow and help clear some backlog.

Thanks,

houla
  • houla
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

[quote name='BigHumpDaddy']It's too bad that there is a pattern of getting ignored and the run around, not just for us, but for many others as well. That just isn't right. Customer service really makes it or breaks it for many of us bidders.

That is the first thing I look for in any PA site is the customer service, and shipping times. I'm really running low on patience at this point :notrust:

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Anyway, any suggestions/advice for trying to get this resolved any faster would be much appreciated! (I did learn a good lesson in not announcing any gift for an item I've won until I actually receive it; hopefully the other wins will arrive faster).

Hello beachcitypostings, and welcome to PAW! Thanks for sharing your experiences with foopile with us. I have kind of been waiting to see how things turn out before posting, but saw your post and wanted to let you know about a quick update regarding my outstanding auction. I have had a couple of short email responses from Paul in the last week or so, and he and I have come to an agreement. I am expecting to receive something from him hopefully by the 29th, as per his email from yesterday. I'll update this forum when I do receive something from him. If anything, that at least lets you know that he does read emails to him, and may very well respond.

According to your post, since Jim is less and less in the picture, I have no idea who else to try to contact. Reina is nice and all when doing the online chat, but the info she can give, or possibly knows, is pretty limited. I sincerely hope that Paul can get things turned around for foopile soon. It is a big task, but the one thing that helps with me, is the communication part of it. Waiting is much easier if I get a response to an email, but if there is no response, well, after a while, it gets difficult... and I'll just leave it at that.

It is kind of sad to me, as I like the way the auctions work at foopile, I like having bid snipers, the spinner, I like how the bid butlers work and everything else, it was just the shipping and CS that was ruining it for me. But, if Jim truly is not responsible for the shipping part of it, and it is being done by the head office now, hopefully things won't get so bottlenecked and take as long to ship out.

beachcitypostings
  • beachcitypostings
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

BHD, thank you for the info--I look forward to hearing what happens! Was it more or less out of the blue that Paul contacted you? As you noted, any info from the head office is better than being in the dark. From looking at the previous posts over the past year, it certainly appears that there are cash flow problems. One issue regarding a bad credit card causing problems seems on the surface to be dubious, at best, however, a friend who has just started up her own business had that exact situation occur--her bank put a large hold on their account and it came close to stopping the business.

In a chat with Reina today, she confirmed that she does indeed report to both Jim and someone else at the head office but would not confirm if that's Paul or not. Otherwise, no news, unfortunately.

I agree with you that the environment at Foopile with the spinners, bid butlers, and auctions is enjoyable--especially that there aren't a small group of power bidders who crowd out everyone else. Part of the issue, I'm presuming, is attracting more customers (though I've noticed quite a number of new names over the past couple weeks). It's not as wild as another site (can I mention it?) where they have provided many free bids which originally facilitated the purchase of large bidpacks at a 30-50% discount. There are now so many penny bids out there that a penny auction for a $15 Amazon e-card and maybe 50 bids will generate often over 500 bids used--and some of the auctions for an iPad or a BookNook have gone 12-24 hours. During the occasion that Jim, Reina, and I had a 3-way chat, I mentioned this to him. While he didn't know of the site, he was concerned about effectively reducing the price of the bids.

Thanks!

Hello beachcitypostings, and welcome to PAW! Thanks for sharing your experiences with foopile with us. I have kind of been waiting to see how things turn out before posting, but saw your post and wanted to let you know about a quick update regarding my outstanding auction. I have had a couple of short email responses from Paul in the last week or so, and he and I have come to an agreement. I am expecting to receive something from him hopefully by the 29th, as per his email from yesterday. I'll update this forum when I do receive something from him. If anything, that at least lets you know that he does read emails to him, and may very well respond.

According to your post, since Jim is less and less in the picture, I have no idea who else to try to contact. Reina is nice and all when doing the online chat, but the info she can give, or possibly knows, is pretty limited. I sincerely hope that Paul can get things turned around for foopile soon. It is a big task, but the one thing that helps with me, is the communication part of it. Waiting is much easier if I get a response to an email, but if there is no response, well, after a while, it gets difficult... and I'll just leave it at that.

It is kind of sad to me, as I like the way the auctions work at foopile, I like having bid snipers, the spinner, I like how the bid butlers work and everything else, it was just the shipping and CS that was ruining it for me. But, if Jim truly is not responsible for the shipping part of it, and it is being done by the head office now, hopefully things won't get so bottlenecked and take as long to ship out.

houla
  • houla
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

It's good to maybe have a ray of hope after so long of not hearing anything. Please keep us updated, I may have to drop Paul an email :)

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

BHD, thank you for the info--I look forward to hearing what happens! Was it more or less out of the blue that Paul contacted you? As you noted, any info from the head office is better than being in the dark.

Unfortunately, I had to email him a couple of times to get a response. We'll see how things turn out...

@ Houla, about the "ray of hope", it's not all sunshine and biscuits just yet. ;-) I would love to see BC1, JustDoIt, yourself, and several of the rest that have been waiting a couple months on your products to get your stuff very soon. Like just about everything else in life, and especially in the PA world, actions speak louder than words (or lack of words).

Going forward, maybe they should give themselves some motivation to restore their image? Like for every week a product is late in being shipped (ex: 7 weeks on a 4-6 week ship date), they give that person 10 free spins, or something like that? That way, foopile is encouraged to follow through with what they have said they will do, and we can benefit if they don't deliver. ;-) That could be a way to keep us coming back, despite the fact they are running late. Of course, some folks may feel burned and not want to bid there again though, so that wouldn't do them any good. Just thinking out loud...

houla
  • houla
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I hear what you're saying- just want someone there to step up and address the problems. I'm not getting too optomistic yet about hearing anything, just annother avenue to look into. I did email Paul, will keep an eye out for a response- he may be getting alot of email to sort through from everyone

beachcitypostings
  • beachcitypostings
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Great! I too sent him an e-mail today that mirrored the previous fax and added a couple questions. For the camera, I know that it's difficult to get now, since the models changed yet again. For this, I provided an alternative and asked for his ideas, as well. Too, I asked if the 6-7 week timeframe for my other pending win is realistic or if that timeframe (and expectations) needs to be adjusted, as well.

Re the idea for the spins for the late shipments, that's a great idea! That would probably affect their books less than if it's a fixed number, such as 50. Different but related: I noticed that the spin wins of 10 and over are way down on the bigger wins; haven't seen any 125's or 250's for at least a couple weeks (at least from when I've checked in on them).

Thanks,

I hear what you're saying- just want someone there to step up and address the problems. I'm not getting too optomistic yet about hearing anything, just annother avenue to look into. I did email Paul, will keep an eye out for a response- he may be getting alot of email to sort through from everyone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users