Started by realbidtowin , Aug 04 2011 07:59 PM

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

DOING NOTHING WILL GET YOU NOTHING

OK undreds of us are getting ripped off by Bidtwister solets tell our story to save others and put these guys out of business, it istime for this community to take action. So please go to these sites and writeyour own complaints about Bidtwister or respond to others. All these sites willshow on the 1
st 2 pages of the search engines when you usebidtwister as a keyword. PLease instead of responding to past complaints create your own

Yahoo Answers:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110320143326AACIrpv&r=w&show_comments=true&pa=FZB6NWHjDG3N56z6v_2xX5OMr1NgBuLTf2rnQLJRsT.kBXVc6f4yiA--&paid=add_comment#openions

Wiki Answers
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_bid_twister_a_scam

Rip off report (write your own report the more there is thebetter)
http://www.ripoffreport.com/

Scam informer
bidtwister bid twister bidtwister.com Bidtwister is a SCAM you will win & NEVER get your items! Company is registered in the Netherlands & is a Scam! Spam Report received from bidtwister | SpamInform.com

Complaints board

http://www.complaintsboard.com/

Now most importantly we need to file with the Governmentagencies and do this in volume, lets make an example of Bidtwister the arerunning Thousands od auctions without shipping lets send a message to all PA’sby putting these guys in Jail!!!

Florida Attorney Generals office, this is an online form andonly take only a few minutes to fillout and submit.
http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Economic_Crimes

The Federal Trade Commision (FTC) by Bidtwister not shippingproduct they are in violation of Federal Law. Again this form only takes acouple minutes to fill out and submit.
https://econsumer.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Here is all the information for Bidtwister
Bidtwister LLC
CEO Jim Ballas
3816 W. LINEBAUGH AVE.
SUITE 106
TAMPA FL 33618 US

Just remember doing NOTHING WILL GET YOU NOTHING please postthat you have responded to these links the most important ones are the Govagencies.
We can also get the Tamp Police involved as they will beattentive to this, however what needs to be done is you simply file the fraudcomplaint with your local police Dept. and request they forward it to the TampPolice dept.

If all of us that have been ripped off by Bidtwister follow through on this they will be gone and likley be prosecuted for fraud.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

bump

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

How long has it been? No explanation or response? I've read here users are waiting 1+years for bidsauce items. Not acceptable.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

5 months now $20K plus owed. I filed chargebacks on the funds used to win this items, they are trying to contest it however I was able to catch them in several lies they provided the banks, for example falsified win dates on items that were won (that were shipped) at earlier dates to try and make the banks think I had received product derived from the payments in question, fortunatly I had al lthe documentation to prove them wrong and make them look like the scammers they are. They are denying to the bank that I am owed any product when I have a email sent to me personally from one of the executives in late June that discloses they owe me product still.

So far in my experience Bidtwister.com is the biggest PA scam I have experienced.

Look it is 5 months later countless others are reporting the same issues I have yet they continue to run auctions with no intent to deliver, APA shows they have been aceraging a loss of $50,000 per week and that has been going fo 5 months do the math, yet they are collecting 5-figures per week and keeping it.

fshost
  • fshost
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

This is smart - and if the honest sites were smart they would join in, and help identify the bad apples like this one that give the entire industry a bad name.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Please, if you are still waiting months take heed and file complaints. Call the attorney general in your state, in Florida. This is unacceptable and so many continue to do this. List items to make enough $ to cover previous items? It seems that way, just my opinion. Thanks for telling us Bidtowin.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

danninsalida
  • danninsalida
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I have been forced by bidtwister.com to file complaints with the Florida Attorney general, and the FCC. I wrote Bidtwister today and informed them of this, and asked that they simply refund me the retail value of all the items they owe me.
They owe me 59 items going back to early April of this year. After I said I would hire an attorney if I was not shipped my items, they immediately closed my account, and blocked me from accessing it. They are saying that they are refunding me my money, but all they intend to do is refund the shipping cost, and the auction price when I won it. So, if I won something for 2 bids @.80 cents/bid =1.60, and the shipping was $5, they are only going to refund me $6.60 even if the item was worth $500.
I complained to them via email for months about not getting my wins, and they always said they would get right on it, and get my items shipped ASAP. Never happened.
Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MyUsername
  • MyUsername
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I have been forced by bidtwister.com to file complaints with the Florida Attorney general, and the FCC. I wrote Bidtwister today and informed them of this, and asked that they simply refund me the retail value of all the items they owe me.
They owe me 59 items going back to early April of this year. After I said I would hire an attorney if I was not shipped my items, they immediately closed my account, and blocked me from accessing it. They are saying that they are refunding me my money, but all they intend to do is refund the shipping cost, and the auction price when I won it. So, if I won something for 2 bids @.80 cents/bid =1.60, and the shipping was $5, they are only going to refund me $6.60 even if the item was worth $500.
I complained to them via email for months about not getting my wins, and they always said they would get right on it, and get my items shipped ASAP. Never happened.
Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the second you say you are going to get the authorities involved, they close your account. Like it's their decision to cut YOU off. You are better off getting your money back. Because shortly they will disappear and the people who had not gotten their money back up that point, will be left with nothing. Just get your money back because they are NEVER going to ship you the items. If you filed complaints with the Florida Attorney General then it won't be long for old bidtwister to disappear. Though I am sure they will pop back up under a different name.

I have noticed that they went from having their auctions close at 1 or 2 cents per item, to all of a sudden having things like iPod Nanos go for over 11 bucks. That's not the slightest bit fishy now is it?

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

This is looking like a dejavue of PennyTarget and Wavee. Not good at all.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I asked them about this yesterday. I personally don't agree with their "company policy" to delete users' wins and ban them once they threaten legal, I haven't checked to see if this was in their terms yet, is it? I'll go check now. They are actually in violation of the FTC's rules for shipping if they don't ship within 30 days or give a ship date.They said they had a backlog but everything is on track now.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Take a look at this: " THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS," WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND BidTwister EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY. BidTwisterDOES NOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE WEBSITE, AND/OR THE SERVICES."

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Dann you mean FTC not FCC, right?

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

stocknewby
  • stocknewby
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Like others, I got screwed by BidTwister.

I ended up giving up on waiting for items as it's pretty clear nothing will ever come.

I filed a complaint with the BBB in Florida. Within a short time, BidTwister had responded to the BBB complaint by refunding me a partial refund of the original charges on my CC from May/June. I again responded to the BBB complaint and indicated that I was not refunded in full. Within 24 hours, BidTwister had completed the refund of all the charges and now i'm fully refunded all original money spent.

However, the amount spent was nothing compared to value of items won, which is still unacceptable. What can ya do...

To file a complaint with the BBB against BidTwister, go here --> Better Business Bureau

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

I received the e-mail from them today. Since I only won like 4 items they said that my bid packs that I bought will be credited back to my credit card as well as my shipping items that I paid. Actually I prefer to receive my won items since I won more then I spent on the site. Usually it's the other way around. I spend 100% and only win back 25% on some sites.

bidondeals
  • bidondeals
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I like the "band together" idea but I also agree that, at least for this site, it's probably too late. I think what we need is a "standard operating procedure" that we all follow that is based on things like the FTC 30 day shipping. If the BBB and official authorities were contacted immediately every time anyone from PAW didn't receive their wins within 30 days of being charged, I don't think we'd be talking as much about companies that haven't shipped a year after the fact.

The problem, I think, is that you don't want to make these companies that owe you something you want and won at a great price, mad. So you wait and say nothing and play nice. But in reality, even though doing the SOP method might cause these bad companies enough issues to fold... you're just speeding up what will happen anyway in most cases.

danninsalida
  • danninsalida
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

After getting no result from the Attorney General or the FTC, I went to my bank since all of my purchases were made with a debit card. I am sending them copies of all the emails and any other info. I have on Bidtwister.
I think this may be my best shot at getting something back. Bidtwister did, according to them return my money, but what they returned was the amount I paid for shipping and the value of the number of bids it took to win the item. It fell way short of the retail value of the 59 items they owe me. They returned to me $346, which is less than 10% of the value of the items they owe me. How do you figure in all the bids I spent that won Nothing?

Bidtwister has closed my account, so I have no way to know how much all the items I won are worth. I have to try to use my memory, and that just can't come up with everything. I won a LOT of gift cards, and some items valued at over $100.

danninsalida
  • danninsalida
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Opps, yes the FTC.

wyldunknown
  • wyldunknown
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

After getting no result from the Attorney General or the FTC, I went to my bank since all of my purchases were made with a debit card. I am sending them copies of all the emails and any other info. I have on Bidtwister.
I think this may be my best shot at getting something back. Bidtwister did, according to them return my money, but what they returned was the amount I paid for shipping and the value of the number of bids it took to win the item. It fell way short of the retail value of the 59 items they owe me. They returned to me $346, which is less than 10% of the value of the items they owe me. How do you figure in all the bids I spent that won Nothing?

Bidtwister has closed my account, so I have no way to know how much all the items I won are worth. I have to try to use my memory, and that just can't come up with everything. I won a LOT of gift cards, and some items valued at over $100.

My account is not closed. I just did an inventory on the items owed and their value. If you need to know the published value of specific items you won, maybe I can research it for you? Anything in particular you were wondering about?

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Trust me if enough of us file complaints with the authorities they will listen, it is a process and can take time. These guys belong in Jail and the Florida AG is one of the most agressive in the US for taking on PA's. Everyone keep filing. let get these guys behind bars

LoonyLarry
  • LoonyLarry
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I'm still licking my wounds from iTicketBid, now BidTwister, I even spoke with whom I assume was the CEO, Jim, on the phone, last week. He assured me I would get my wins. I asked for a sign of good faith, and at least send my 2 recent wins, both worth over $300.00. They sent 2-$25 Gift cards and a $29.99 blu-ray DVD of Tron, wins from back in May. He told me of their grand plans, but now I realize he was just stalling. I had written telling of my intention of sending letters to various Florida State Law enforcement and government offices. I sent another, email, today, but I don't expect anything. I have posted on another forum about needing more control over the P.A. site owners and dishonest bidders. People are interested, but it will take some-one with a wealth of legal knowledge to organize us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users