Started by realbidtowin , Aug 04 2011 07:59 PM

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

danninsalida
  • danninsalida
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I just submitted another letter to the Florida Attorney Gen. Office. I gave them my full file with Bidtwister.com that show all the wins I had and never received. I hope they can get some results.

LoonyLarry
  • LoonyLarry
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Anyone received any items from BidTwister lately? I had gotten annoyed with their continued promotions and responded to one with a suggestion to make shipping outstanding items a priority. "All items will be shipped by the end of the year" was the response. HA! Just curious if anyone is getting anything, or if anyone is still playing and receiving wins in a timely fashion?

I can't seem to find anyone who is presently bidding there. I have tried , at a number of forums, but no one has responded. I have been very patient, even talking with the CEO. A pleasant e-mail would result in 3 or 4 gift cards, each month, but that has now stopped. I don't want to go with a complaint, but it is one of only a few sites I have won "big" items on and don't want to lose them. I'm now waiting for an e-mail response to an e-mail they assigned a ticket number, but I'm not holding out any hope.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I can't seem to find anyone who is presently bidding there. I have tried , at a number of forums, but no one has responded. I have been very patient, even talking with the CEO. A pleasant e-mail would result in 3 or 4 gift cards, each month, but that has now stopped. I don't want to go with a complaint, but it is one of only a few sites I have won "big" items on and don't want to lose them. I'm now waiting for an e-mail response to an e-mail they assigned a ticket number, but I'm not holding out any hope.

Larry the writing is on the wall fact is you are only recieveing a few small item with every complaint, wife and I are owed $20,000 + now it has been 7 months. Had a conversation with the Florida AG the other day and they have been officially served by the State regarding al the complaints about fraud. You bets hope for getting your stuff is file with the Florida AG.

jpwalker95
  • jpwalker95
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Yikes. I "accidentally" joined this site on 10/12 and didn't know what I was getting into. This was my first pennyauction experience. I've won 3 items since joining, the first being on 10/13. I wasn't terribly worried until I started looking into the company and came across this page. I also noticed that the quality of the items on the site have steadily diminished over the last couple of weeks (mostly giftcards). As of today, THERE ARE NO AUCTIONS ongoing on the bidtwister.com website, which is even more disturbing. I'm sure this is because they are now being investigated. Still, an update or warning from the website would seem (in my opinion) good business. Any thoughts on a course of action for a late arrival like myself? I'm a pretty patient person, but after reading some of these posts, I'm wondering if jumping ship and just trying to recoup my money is best.

jpwalker95
  • jpwalker95
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I joined this site in early October and have just noticed that there are NO AUCTIONS actively on their website. I'm sure this is because they are now being investigated, but I've got wins and bids in limbo now. Any thoughts on how I should handle this?

lilMonster
  • lilMonster
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

can you still log into your account? i tried logging in today but it didn't work.

jpwalker95
  • jpwalker95
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I just logged in. That may be because I still have to pay for an auction I won a day ago....

LoonyLarry
  • LoonyLarry
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I got this, today, 11/03 along with a refund which has not be posted to my account
"Thank you for your inquiry. Please note that BidTwister.com was ordered to Cease and Desist all auctions by the State of Florida because we do not have the proper licensing. We are currently working with the State to get into compliance on this matter and in the meantime our Customer Support department remains active in order to serve you."

lilMonster
  • lilMonster
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I got this, today, 11/03 along with a refund which has not be posted to my account
"Thank you for your inquiry. Please note that BidTwister.com was ordered to Cease and Desist all auctions by the State of Florida because we do not have the proper licensing. We are currently working with the State to get into compliance on this matter and in the meantime our Customer Support department remains active in order to serve you."

Did they refund you for everything you've won? and can you still login?

wyldunknown
  • wyldunknown
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I am still able to login...and my "won" history is still there. Haven't played there since June.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

That is because the state of Florida does not offer a LICENSE TO STEAL

danninsalida
  • danninsalida
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Everyone needs to file with the Florida Attorney General. Let's get these crooks!!!!!!!!!!!! They owe me big time.

LoonyLarry
  • LoonyLarry
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Did they refund you for everything you've won? and can you still login?

My wins go back to May, but their payout is only back to July. They told me my bank has to get me the rest. I can still log on, but there are no auctions. I got this, today 11/07

Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi received your email regarding your
concerns with Bidtwister. We want to let you know that we have an open
and active investigation against this company (Case # L11-3-1066). We
have added your contact information to our list of complainants, and we
will endeavor to keep you updated as we move forward. Thank you for
taking the time to write to us.

LoonyLarry
  • LoonyLarry
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

sorry, my reply posted twice

Edited by LoonyLarry, 07 November 2011 - 09:15 PM.
doulbe post

upallnight
  • upallnight
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

I love how they say they are down "due to technical difficulties" and you mysteriously can not log in. Glad I printed up my wins. I reported to Florida AG a month or 2 ago but just saw this thread.

Edited by upallnight, 09 November 2011 - 02:33 PM.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

I love how they say they are down "due to technical difficulties" and you mysteriously can not log in. Glad I printed up my wins. I reported to Florida AG a month or 2 ago but just saw this thread.

Seems to be what they all write when they close up shop. I guess it sounds better than "Hey, we are stealing all your money and running away!". If that many people are still owed their wins, then I hope justice serves them well.

LoonyLarry
  • LoonyLarry
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Well I got 29 refund notices, from BidTwister, my bank has a record of 13, I emailed BidTwister asking if the other 16 would be paid. got a single word reply -- yes

If anyone needs to see their wins on BidTwister go to AllPennyAuctions, search using your username. Pretty accurate list of your wins will be there

nadsak
  • nadsak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Well I got 29 refund notices, from BidTwister, my bank has a record of 13, I emailed BidTwister asking if the other 16 would be paid. got a single word reply -- yes

If anyone needs to see their wins on BidTwister go to AllPennyAuctions, search using your username. Pretty accurate list of your wins will be there

Are they refunding you the MSRP of your wins, or just what you spent?

LoonyLarry
  • LoonyLarry
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Most of the refunds where for bid packs. Very few shipping. I'm satisfied with how much they returned. My problem is I used Visa gift cards, and once they where at zero, I had no further need for them, and they went into the shredder. Any refunds to those cards, used mostly for paying for wins, is probably lost. Got a $300.00 credit, today, to a credit card I retired a few months ago due to very high interest. Nice additional money for the Holidays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users