Started by diehardbluesfan , Aug 05 2011 05:05 AM

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

buster1119
  • buster1119
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I have won and received several great items on QuiBids. I won a 10 inch Dyson Fan that retails for 249.00 and used 5 bids final cost including bid price and shipping was 8.49. I also won a 12 inch Dyson Fan, final cost with bids and shipping only 11.57. They have been great so far. I have noticed with their software it is harder to win the large items.

bidding4ever
  • bidding4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Hi, everyone - haven't posted in a while. Is Quibids going down? It seems they are running much fewer auctions and much fewer high end items. I am afraid they are going down - does anyone have any info?

Chrismak
  • Chrismak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

There are tons of high end items up for grabs at EasyBidBargains.com. We list at least one iPod nano 6th generation a day. Check us out and for a limited time only get 50 free bids on sign up. That is not going to last long. :) There has been customer who has won items with those initial bids.
We do not force you to buy a bid pack in order to get your wins won from those initial 50 free bids like some of our competitors. Check us out today!

beachcitypostings
  • beachcitypostings
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Agreed, the volume of products has dropped a lot. I've been tracking a couple brands on and off for a month or so, and a few weeks ago, the inventory of Cuisinart items dropped from 5-7 pages to less than one. It picked up again briefly over the past week (back to 3 pages) but is less than one page now. As to the reason, no idea. For the bids I had left, I figured it was better to burn through them now (and oddly enough, I won something).

Hi, everyone - haven't posted in a while. Is Quibids going down? It seems they are running much fewer auctions and much fewer high end items. I am afraid they are going down - does anyone have any info?

EvoTronix.com
  • EvoTronix.com
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

If one is stuck in the trap page, can't they just have one browser open where they are not logged in, take the url from the products they wish bid on, and post it in their logged in account?

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

If one is stuck in the trap page, can't they just have one browser open where they are not logged in, take the url from the products they wish bid on, and post it in their logged in account?

Good question. I don't think they show up though, anyone know?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Good question. I don't think they show up though, anyone know?

No. Even if you can get to a specific page you can't see on the Q, but can see via APA...you will not be allowed to press the bid button. I've tried it. :rolleyes:

I've also noticed their significant drop in high end items. The amount of voucher auctions inundates the Q now. Not the best of signs IMHO.

beachcitypostings
  • beachcitypostings
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Correct, when I copied the address from the browser where I wasn't logged in and pasted it into the one where I was logged in, it indicated that it was restricted (or some wording to that effect) and I was not allowed to bid on it.

As for the high end items, the quantity got rather slim about a month or so ago and then (eventually) got better, but it's still below what they had several months ago. Don't know if they're having cash flow problems or new management or whatever; it sure does appear that they're having problems (and I'm glad I used up all my bids).

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

I for one highly doubt that Quibids is having financial problems, but since none of us are able to answer such question, we must all watch how they unfold in future days to come.

bidding4ever
  • bidding4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Definitely less auctions...it seems like more now because of the "choose it" format, i.e., every category gets an item for many auctions, but it is still just one auction for say a $300 product, even though you could choose a camera or headphones or a mixer or a purse...so it gives the illusion of lots of items, but it is actually a lot less "unique" auctions.

I suspect there are financial issues; I hope they are able to make it through...

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Yup, bidding4ever. I just noticed the "choose it" auctions the other night when I hopped over for a look. Now people will be bidding to retail like crazy b/c the have mainly ANYTHING within a specific $$$ range to pick from. I can only see big bucks for the Q and less deals for bidders. :frown:

timmason
  • timmason
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I'm pretty sure that Quibids is going down. Their advertising bill must be masive and they must be up to their necks with debt. Their item qualoty has gone down significantly, even though their many internet ads boasts of ipads being "almost free", none was seen whenichecked the site.

I have already asked for my unused bids to be refunded. I'm jumping ship before it goes down completely.

pugluv
  • pugluv
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Wow! This is a fantastic thread!  I am impressed by everyone's knowledge of  the secret underbelly of Quibids.  I wanted to add my opinion to the original post: "How about all of that advertising?"   The ads really bother me. I am one who remembers the early days when I could win big prizes.  Like "addiction", I played big to win big.  And I too, realized I had become addicted to winning! I was home sick for one year and I thought I was actually coming out ahead. With ads like Quibids, I worry that newbies will be misled into thinking that those claims (i.e. I just won this  television for $25.00...) are typical. This is false advertising (as you all know) because it does not mention the cost of the bids. I also believe that many victims will be the elderly, lonely people who crave some excitement.   Anyone who has checked the data on AllPennyAuctions.com will see the cold, hard, truth: the bid auctions are won by powerbidders. Also, how many people are now using the bidding software, such as BidNinja?

Today, I was shocked to see a Quibids ad in an online magazine that offers advice on cutting costs and eating healthy. I could no longer see that magazine as legitamite.

dpennybidder
  • dpennybidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

i agree with bidaddict. I think they got one of the best sites in town also. The only competition is beezid and with thier userbase it is all most impossible to break even. Won over 10 items on quibids and only breaking even but adore the site greatly. They have a buy it now and sure the msrp is inflated but you can still avoid casullty to your wallet.  Nice to know they are decent with thier customer service and shipping i usually get items in 2 weeks or less. I love seeing htem on sportscenter like skoreit. See them once a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users