Background Image

Any good lowest unique bid sites people use?

Started by BID4noREASON66 , Sep 15 2011 02:33 PM

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows of any good lowest unique bid websites to use. I like the smartbid format with the bidswap as I usually just swap for more bids until I get a lot then cash out :D. Only problem with them is that they have a 7 wins a week limit, which does not satisfy my need for more!! lol
any help is appreciated!

dwbiz05
  • dwbiz05
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

hmm... wondering if people don't know any good unique bid sites or if no one uses them...

maybe I'll start one and see.. lol!

Dave

chibrook
  • chibrook
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Bidpackcentral runs a lowest unique among other types.

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows of any good lowest unique bid websites to use. I like the smartbid format with the bidswap as I usually just swap for more bids until I get a lot then cash out :D. Only problem with them is that they have a 7 wins a week limit, which does not satisfy my need for more!! lol
any help is appreciated!

What do you mean "cash out?" Like for actual $$$$?

dwbiz05
  • dwbiz05
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

I've looked through their TOS and haven't found anything that would support this thought. So I'm not sure what Bid4 is talking about. I don't know of any site that allows you to collect bids and exchange them for cash... too much trouble with money laundering laws I would think.

Dave

dwbiz05
  • dwbiz05
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Bidpackcentral runs a lowest unique among other types.

Didn't see any of these type of auctions.. maybe just looking in the wrong place?

Dave

chibrook
  • chibrook
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Didn't see any of these type of auctions.. maybe just looking in the wrong place?

Dave

All those $5 Amazons are lowest unique bid.

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Hi all,
any help is appreciated!

www.mybucketlistauctions.com

still in the developmental stage but you can get a good idea of what it will be like.

more info
Bucket List Auction Builder (720HD) - YouTube
Bucket List Auctions (480p full screen) - YouTube

f
eel free to leave comments here
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

lol Sorry not actual $. What I meant was that I bid swap until I can get something for free... For example: lets say I have 500$ of bids. I'll win items in value of 200-500 until I have 700. Then, the next 200 gc I win I'll take the actual item. Sorry for the confusion lol!

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

www.mybucketlistauctions.com

still in the developmental stage but you can get a good idea of what it will be like.

more info
Bucket List Auction Builder (720HD) - YouTube
Bucket List Auctions (480p full screen) - YouTube

f
eel free to leave comments here

Your site looks interesting, do you have an opening date in mind?

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Your site looks interesting, do you have an opening date in mind?

October 2010 ; - ))

8 weeks according to the programmers...we'll see.

what did you like\not like? clearly we're not afraid to make changes that delay the launch so fire away.
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

So do auctions not start until x amount of players have registered for the auctions? If so, do you disclose how many bidders are required to start an auction?

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Appreciate the questions...we need feedback from potential players.

From a user's perceptive there isn't a 'start' to an auction...as soon as you buy in, you're in and can start bidding. If we don't get the minimum number of players needed to break-even we refund the entry and additional bids fees.

We publish the maximum number of bidders so players can evaluate the risk\reward potential but we don't publish the minimum number of players. We're not sure how the data would help players make decisions.
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Knowing the minimum number of players helps evaluate the risk/reward... I'd be more likely to participate in an auction that has a minimum of 5 vs 10 as an example.

Also, are there going to be smaller auctions, for individual items such as Ipods, Ipads, computers, tvs, handbags, etc?

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Appreciate the questions...we need feedback from potential players.

From a user's perceptive there isn't a 'start' to an auction...as soon as you buy in, you're in and can start bidding. If we don't get the minimum number of players needed to break-even we refund the entry and additional bids fees.

We publish the maximum number of bidders so players can evaluate the risk\reward potential but we don't publish the minimum number of players. We're not sure how the data would help players make decisions.

this is basically a seat auction and take it from me they do not work, do a search and see to countless that have 100% tried and failed even unique lowest bid does not work besides that is gambling in many jurisdictions so be careful with them. I cannot tell you how many potential PA owners have offered here on PAW these same types of auctions, as good as they look on paper to the PA in terms of less capital required it will not work. Prove me wrong but be ready for the I TOLD YOU SO

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

this is basically a seat auction and take it from me they do not work, do a search and see to countless that have 100% tried and failed even unique lowest bid does not work besides that is gambling in many jurisdictions so be careful with them. I cannot tell you how many potential PA owners have offered here on PAW these same types of auctions, as good as they look on paper to the PA in terms of less capital required it will not work. Prove me wrong but be ready for the I TOLD YOU SO

There are certainly similarities with the seat auction concept, and the potential lengthy time frames involved may not be that appealing to PA players. On the other hand, the pay-offs are substantially bigger, the playing field is level, there is no 'power bidder' dynamic to deal with and strategy plays a more significant role than in PA sites. For some folks these factors may not be appealing but we're hoping to find the right demographic group. Did you have a chance to check out the site?

I am interested in the gambling comment...what (USA) jurisdictions are you referring to and why were LUB auctions deemed gambling?
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Knowing the minimum number of players helps evaluate the risk/reward... I'd be more likely to participate in an auction that has a minimum of 5 vs 10 as an example.

Also, are there going to be smaller auctions, for individual items such as Ipods, Ipads, computers, tvs, handbags, etc?

I'm not following...I think the odds of winning are determined by the maximum number of players, not the minimum?? For instance, if the min was 1,000 and the max was 3,000, how would you calculate your 'odds'?

Edited by Vandelay, 20 September 2011 - 10:33 PM.

Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

dwbiz05
  • dwbiz05
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Yeah, I've toyed with building a site like this.

It's hard to find a balance when you are the PA owner.

You either have to have a ton of capital up front that you can lose or you have to create a way for users to be engaged in your site despite a reserve of some sort so you don't lose your shirt... tough balance.

Good luck to you though! Hopefully you can prove us wrong!

Dave

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

It's not in the initial plans as we think that's a pretty crowded market. We are looking at a lower value 'test drive' auction...entry fee of $12.50 or so with a bucket list worth $1,000. Not much margin in it but it may help some folks understand the strategy more.
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Yeah, I've toyed with building a site like this.

It's hard to find a balance when you are the PA owner.

You either have to have a ton of capital up front that you can lose or you have to create a way for users to be engaged in your site despite a reserve of some sort so you don't lose your shirt... tough balance.

Good luck to you though! Hopefully you can prove us wrong!

Dave

Appreciate the sentiments. Definitely capital intensive for both programming and prizes.

"Only you can prove you wrong" : - ))
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users