Background Image

Any good lowest unique bid sites people use?

Started by BID4noREASON66 , Sep 15 2011 02:33 PM

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

dwbiz05
  • dwbiz05
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

lol! nice BHD...

I'll have to second your first two mentions.. though I do like Jack Stack BBQ as well.. Sad to say, being in KC, I'm not that big of a BBQ fan, but those are good spots either way. lol.

Vandelay...

of course this whole discussion is a highjacking of the original thread, or at least has become so.. lol!

Dave

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

You could also scale down your auctions even to a smaller scale to let players work their strategy... Lets say 5-10$ bid pack w/ a lower prize... I honestly don't think people are going to be too keen on dropping bigger bills until they know what they're doing.

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

In other words I agree with dave, you definitely need smaller auctions..

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

appreciate the input and will definitely take a look at it. might depend on how much it would delay the launch and cost. i'd rather do it right from the start but at some point you gotta pull the trigger...

any thoughts on strategy?
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

I base my strategies I use on thesmartbid by how other people are playing... So I'd probably have to start actually playing before coming up with strategies that actually work.. And I'm not sure anyone would actually post the strategies they use.. I never post my thesmartbid strategies, because I know others will see it, and who knows.. Someone might counter my strategy.

;)

dwbiz05
  • dwbiz05
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

I think he means, when to pull the trigger on the site.

Dave

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

ahh ok.. lol

Maybe start with small auctions that you can afford to offer all bids back just for launch? Might entice people to try your site out, repeat business will probably depend on users experience.. I'd try it out if you offered that!

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

So, B4NR, I am not totally understanding what type of experience you are looking for...But, if you want a higher stakes excitement with potential for big gains (well, and big losses), you might consider the land of " shorts, puts and calls?" I don't know if I'm totally off base in my suggestion.... it's definitely a thrill that feeds my addiction..lol...In the meantime, I'll have to check out smartbid. Souonds fun.

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Hi there 824, I am looking for other lowest unique sites that I can use strategy to win almost 100% of the time... My only complaints with thesmartbid are 1: they are slow to ship, 2: 7 products a week win limit.

Not sure if I'd be interested in playing the market.. I used to love watching the market, but lately I've found PA's to be much more fun and engaging. I really like the lowest unique games... They are my favorite by far.

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

1. Based on feedback were looking at adding additional opportunities to win. For instance...

[TABLE="width: 340"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][TABLE="width: 390"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Silver[/TD]
[TD] Gold[/TD]
[TD] Platinum[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Grand Prize
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$5,000[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$200,000[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$1,000,000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2nd - 5th place[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$2,000[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$5,000[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$10,000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6th - 10th[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$500[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$1,000[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$2,000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11th - 20th[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$250[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$500[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$1,000[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

all the places are determined by reverse sequence of who had the winning lowest unique bid compared to when the auction ended. For instance, the 2nd place winner will be the second to the last person who had the LUB...the person who came closets to winning the auction but didn't. It doesn't have anything to do with the amount of the bid, it has everything to do with when they had the LUB. 3rd place would be the person with the LUB right before 2nd place and so on. The idea being to reward players for being close to winning.

also, the first 25 bidders in an auction will get their entry fee refunded when it closes.

2. Also had a recommendation showing how our revenue is spent so we came up with these....

Attached File  Silver Financials.jpg   11.33KB   61 downloads
Attached File  Platinum Financials.jpg   11.61KB   60 downloads
Attached File  Gold Financials.jpg   11.3KB   60 downloads

any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Grand Prize for Silver is 50k, not 5k.
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

dwbiz05
  • dwbiz05
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Interesting concept...

My first thought is that now it looks more like people are playing for a prize rather than bidding for an auction item. (I'm aware that most of these sites can be considered the same as well) However, you might want to double check your lingo with an attorney just to be safe.

Are you looking to do this for all the auctions or just an initial one?

The reason I ask is because it seems like it's kinda getting away from the original idea... which was good and unique with the bucket list builder. Unless you just didn't want to write a long explanation... :)

My thought would be, if you can let people add more items to their list that are in those lower price ranges, then basically they get their bucket listed item that is equal to the value of the prize listed above when they win. If that's what you're thinking, that makes sense.

I like the idea of more than one person winning something, but then you have to take into account your maximum selling price as well, so the lower winners still get an awesome deal (based on their winning bid and the value of the item).

It's true, you have to just pull the trigger at some point. I've created about 10 different penny auction type of sites... but only in my head. Need to just sit down and write it or it will never happen. I still think that instead of lots of winners, just creating lower priced bucket list auctions would help boost your users, but I like the way you think.

Dave

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Looks Good.. I guess I'll just have to try it out!

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Interesting concept...

My first thought is that now it looks more like people are playing for a prize rather than bidding for an auction item. (I'm aware that most of these sites can be considered the same as well) However, you might want to double check your lingo with an attorney just to be safe.

Are you looking to do this for all the auctions or just an initial one?

The reason I ask is because it seems like it's kinda getting away from the original idea... which was good and unique with the bucket list builder. Unless you just didn't want to write a long explanation... :)

My thought would be, if you can let people add more items to their list that are in those lower price ranges, then basically they get their bucket listed item that is equal to the value of the prize listed above when they win. If that's what you're thinking, that makes sense.

I like the idea of more than one person winning something, but then you have to take into account your maximum selling price as well, so the lower winners still get an awesome deal (based on their winning bid and the value of the item).

It's true, you have to just pull the trigger at some point. I've created about 10 different penny auction type of sites... but only in my head. Need to just sit down and write it or it will never happen. I still think that instead of lots of winners, just creating lower priced bucket list auctions would help boost your users, but I like the way you think.

Dave

Appreciate the feedback, Dave.

One of the challenges is staying true to the concept of a 'bucket list' while incorporating prizes worth significantly less than typical 'bucket list' dollars. I listed the dollar amounts but we'd actually allow the winners to pick whatever they want equal to that amount or gift cards. Might look at adding a page with groupings of a variety of lower value items; electronics, computers, household, sports, yard, tools...to get people thinking in those terms.

We'll have the consolation prizes for all the auctions as a matter of routine.

"...but then you have to take into account your maximum selling price as well, so the lower winners still get an awesome deal (based on their winning bid and the value of the item)." Not sure I understand?
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Thanks B4NR. Stay tuned to see when it's live.
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Anyone else got any Lowest Unique Bid sites they like to use?

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Still looking for sites.. Anyone want my business? :)

Vandelay
  • Vandelay
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

absolutely! we're adding a 'test drive' auction as discussed above. stay tuned...i'll send you a msg when we start testing.
Rick Willis

MyBucketListAuctions
build it, bid it, win it

ziigster
  • ziigster
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Hi,

We are a new lowest unique bid service called: Ziigster.com

Ziigster

We are currently on iOS devices. Bidding is free, items are free, shipping is free (and we ship within 2-3 business days).

Join our official thread here:
http://www.pennyauct...its-free-2.html

We hope you enjoy our service.

Thanks,

Raja
The Ziigster Team
e: contact@ziigster.com
tel: +61 412 491 766
Facebook: Ziigster | Facebook
Twitter: Twitter

Join Ziigster this week, and receive 10 bonus bids in your account (it will be credited within 24 hours). Enjoy.

Edited by ziigster, 26 October 2011 - 09:27 AM.

BID4noREASON66
  • BID4noREASON66
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

can i still get that 50 bid bonus? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users