legit bidder or not red flags shill bidder unlisted auctions untraceable wins

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Empiricist
  • Empiricist
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

QuiBids Wednesday Evening Sept 21st my local time: may be wee hours of the morning on the East coast. I'm watching a live Auction in it's last 20; 15; 10 seconds of bidding. Only 3 died in the wool bidders who needn't be named here. One has spent over 180 bids on this auction; mostly its down to 2 bidder-war. The Third bidder pops in, sporting their most recent win as "Tour Edge Reaction Mens Package Set" Won Sept 14, 2011. I want to see what they bid on it, how much it went for, etc. Its similar to the current auction; except not identical. It's within the last week so the Auction's still listed in the "Ended" pages. EXCEPT IT ISNT!
I go onto another computer, another browser and search without signing in (attempting to avoid any traps); still not listed under any categories under any pages in any of the Sept. 14th Ended Auctions!

Are we watching a shill bidder? Is there anyway to figure if this apparent bidder is sporting a win from an auction that cant be found, if they're legit bidder? Whats more suspicious is again they have one of those user-names that looks more like spam or randomly assigned than chosen. You know- the lower case letters and numbers mumbo jumbo.
Please feedback your experiences like this- except Quibids employees- (dont bother, I wont trust it).
Thank you for your shared insights and experiences. that's what this "watch and share" is all about.

Edited by Empiricist, 22 September 2011 - 08:11 AM.

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Empiricist, I have read so many posts where you have written something about Quibids--starring them in a "gotcha" moment. Perhaps, you should examine if Quibids is the right place for you? Im just sayin....I have won over $50,000+ in merchandise from them. I have won so many things at super cheap prices....They are one of the only sites with a true match BIN--except in the case of free bid wins....(another gotcha moment you wrote on). They are one of the big sites. While I do not agree on all of their practices, I do not think they employee shills. Why? They dont have to....They have so many bidders on that site-at all hours of the day and night-that it has become really hard to grab a great deal.

Please don't take this reply as harsh and unjust--it is certainly not my intention. I am just thinking....if you have so many issues with them, either you are a glutton for punishment, or they are just a lightening rod for all thats wrong in the PA world? I dont begrudge your opinion, I just dont happen to agree with your continued, negative assessments.

Thanks. Have a nice day

Empiricist
  • Empiricist
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

824 addiction,
Thanks for your f.b. Interesting suggestion which doesnt actually account for the fact that I'm a member at five other PA sites; not just Quibids. They just happen to be the only site with questionable practices on a regular basis via my experience. I believe thats what the point of this forum is: sharing our experiences for others to join in with. "PENNY AUCTION RED FLAGS". I actually bid very little and infrequently on Quibids. You state you've read the other posts/warnings I've shared here- so (forgive me for the repetition) Im left with a stack of Bids on their website and not particularly enthused about spending them down for the "sake" of gambling from within a trap.To me thats at the least worth a receipt for "501K non profit donations" to give to my accountant come tax time :) . I DONT feel the same way about my bids sitting at Beezid, Biddogz, Bidcactus, Bidsauce, OR Bidstick. I do want those who are brand new to PA to see all sides of the PA world, with P.A. REDFLAGS as a great useful resource. ONLY Quibids has blatantly dishonest, questionable, and non disclosed practices I want others to be warned about.Particularly since they've changed the ToS eliminating the statements describing limitation of member's auction participation at their discretion. I am thinking its great for you to have positive experiences with them, yet wonder if "Penny Auctions Red Flags" is the perfect arena for that. Clearly we use different measurement criteria for analysis-please note I respect yours too. Again Many thanks for your input. Which(not here perhaps unless you wish to "caution" readers) other sites do you use and compare them to? (curious). Happy Bidding, Happy Winnings, and Happy Purchases!

MidPennyBill
  • MidPennyBill
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,665 posts

My question is, if you have so much trouble with them, why do you stay?
It takes more than one complainer to throw up a red flag to me.

Maybeyou are having these problems, but on the other hand, to us it could be like a grudge on your part.

If I dont like a site, I remove myself from that site, and very quickly... Sure we want to hear of red flag issues, but the only true one I see here is from you.
We cant do much of an investigation on what we have been told here.

deenie61
  • deenie61
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

We must use different Quibids sites. I've never been able to look up any auction that happened a week ago on Quibids. Pretty sure even if you get to the last page, you will still be on the current day. They run so many auctions, it would take a few hundred pages to go back 7 days, and I've never seen them list more than 30 pages of ended auctions. They go through so many , an entire page of ended auctions might only cover 20 minutes worth. Might be why you couldn't find that auction.

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Hey 824, do you use the same name on quibids?

Empiricist
  • Empiricist
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Dear deenie61;
[QUOTE]We must use different Quibids sites. I've never been able to look up any auction that happened a week ago on Quibids. [QUOTE]

Its not very hard to do, and there are several places on the web to go outside of the PA site. However If you are in Quibids and for example click on category:golf you will bring up current and near future (about 24-48 hour) auctions. If you enter any search term in the "Search Auctions" box such as a brand name (in this example I put int he search term "Adams") it will bring up current, near future and past week closed. QuiBids - Shopping Redefined
This is from a page of general public access (not logged on). I hope the link comes through. Im posting on Oct 2, 2011 and adding a link that shows Adams brand golf sets sold from Setp 23rd through the current posted auction for same. (about a week give or take).

Most PA sites offer this level of transparency. It's a common function for a bidder to know what items are selling for.
I hope this helps and I hope that you may use this in the future to help you in your bidding.
Thanks for the participation.

Edited by Empiricist, 03 October 2011 - 12:51 AM.

824addiction
  • 824addiction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Hey 824, do you use the same name on quibids?

Hey Baby F. Yes, I do..although there are different bidding name variations similar to mine on Quibids. How about you?

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Hey Baby F. Yes, I do..although there are different bidding name variations similar to mine on Quibids. How about you?

Yup! Same name!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: legit bidder or not, red flags, shill bidder, unlisted auctions, untraceable wins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users