I won a ipod nano 2gb on the site ziinga with the free bids they give you
i paid the money i won it for and the shipping fee
and sent in the auth form and they said it should be sent out soon
wait for the purchasing dept to send an email
saying they shipped it
after a month of
waiting and getting no reply from the purchasing dept
they emailed me saying this::-33-:

This promotion is applicable for customers who have a membership with Ziinga.com.I have checked your account and it shows that you do not have a membership.If you would like to request for a refund for the amount you paid for the product, please send your request to info@ziinga.com.Regards,PurchasingIF I WOULD LIKE A REFUND? ARE THEY KIDDING OF COURSE I WANT MY MONEY BACK THEY NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HAVING TO BE A PAID MEMBER TO GET A ITEM WHY WOULD THEY GIVE FREE BIDS THEN ? THIS ZIINGA SITE IS A SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frumdaflatzz
  • frumdaflatzz
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

That isn't the only thing wrong at ziinga. I wish I could post some screenshots I did just yesterday. Where the counter stayed at 0:01 for over 2 minutes until some one placed a bid. Since I was new to the site I thought well maybe there is a reserve price that I didn't see.So I contacted support and asked if that was why the timer didn't ever go all the way to 0:00 she said no so I told her that the auctions were programmed to do that and that is straight milking everyone for as much money as possible told them their auctions were scams and I filed a report with the federal trades commission about their fraudulent timers sent them the screenshots I had and I recieved an email that they would be investigating that site and let me know what their findings are in a month.

frumdaflatzz
  • frumdaflatzz
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I filed a fraud report with the federal trades commission yesterday for having fraudulent timers and sent in screenshots shots of how the timer stopped and stayed at 0:01 for over 2 minutes until someone placed another bid.I first contacted support cause I was new to the site and thought that maybe there was a reserve price that hadn't been met but I was told no I was asked to send screenshots of what I was referring to and so I did and I got an email back saying that all there auctions timers have different servers and that I need to refresh my browser. Whatever I teach computer programming and computer forensics so they can just deal with the ftc and the FBI fraud division bout it.

krasher
  • krasher
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Over 8 days ago, I started bidding on an iPhone 4S. When I was bored waiting I used a bid agent. When you purchase a bid package, the price per bid varies depending on the package you choose. I knew how much my package was so I multiplied the amount of bids I purchased by the price per bid to know how many bids to use. Today, 8+ days later, it says someone else won. I called to find out how much the person paid. The maximum bid is $34.37. The bidding goes on until the highest dollar bid is reached. The price it sold for is still exhibited at $34.37. My highest bid was more than 3 times that. I tried many times to figure out how much money I still had left. They add free bids each day to your account. My number of bids went up yet no matter how I divided the price by the dollars I paid per bid or the bid number I had left into the dollars left in my account would anything match or make sense. I called again because I still wanted to use that money to bid on another product. During this time, the price for this phone was 34.37 yet it was in pounds, not dollars. That's more than double what the price on the American site says. Never would they reveal how many dollars the actual winner paid. Each contact person on the telephone or the chat line is very evasive. One must ask direct, simple questions to get a straight forward answer. Then it is usually 3+ minutes from your question until you get an answer. I timed it. Now that I have experienced this system it has SCAM, SCAM,SCAM written all over it.

ttowngirl
  • ttowngirl
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

[quote name='krasher']Over 8 days ago, I started bidding on an iPhone 4S. When I was bored waiting I used a bid agent. When you purchase a bid package, the price per bid varies depending on the package you choose. I knew how much my package was so I multiplied the amount of bids I purchased by the price per bid to know how many bids to use. Today, 8+ days later, it says someone else won. I called to find out how much the person paid. The maximum bid is $34.37. The bidding goes on until the highest dollar bid is reached. The price it sold for is still exhibited at $34.37. My highest bid was more than 3 times that. I tried many times to figure out how much money I still had left. They add free bids each day to your account. My number of bids went up yet no matter how I divided the price by the dollars I paid per bid or the bid number I had left into the dollars left in my account would anything match or make sense. I called again because I still wanted to use that money to bid on another product. During this time, the price for this phone was 34.37 yet it was in pounds, not dollars. That's more than double what the price on the American site says. Never would they reveal how many dollars the actual winner paid. Each contact person on the telephone or the chat line is very evasive. One must ask direct, simple questions to get a straight forward answer. Then it is usually 3+ minutes from your question until you get an answer. I timed it. Now that I have experienced this system it has SCAM, SCAM,SCAM written all over it.[/QUOTE

yes i wish i could warn people but when i tried to create a new id there
that said thisisascam
it wouldnt let me bid
so they must know they are scamming people and keeping it so bidders wont find out

Brookers19
  • Brookers19
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I brought a coffee maker off this site for £12.00 they automatically signed me up for membership and started charging me £59.99 a month
But I still ain't received the coffee maker cause they want me to send copies of
My credit card, driving licence and bank statements
If I was you I'd stay well clear of this site
It's took me 2 months and still trying to get a refund

Karl Zejdlik
  • Karl Zejdlik
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

i took what was called a free trial for 3 days and they gave me a ipod shuffle.

so i found the site sketchy so i canceled my trial.

i was charged a 40$ cancellation fee and the shipping for the ipod that they also had canceled because i chose not to continue my business there.

what do i do to help who do i complain to these people need to be arrested anyone have any comments on this?

extra note.. i tried to speak to there live chat guy and i was treated as if i was just a bother.. all i was doing was trying to understand what happened and he took 20 mins to answer my first question and then my second was never answered i stayed logged in for 24 hours every once in awhile replying saying that i was still waiting for an answer.. then i changed comps and went to the live chat and he was right there ready to help.

look i don't know if anything illegal happened for it may be in there terms of service my situation but i know a scam site when i see it.. i want to help bring this site down so no others get scammed like i did.

MidPennyBill
  • MidPennyBill
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,665 posts

These folks need to be in this category: Queen - 'Another One Bites the Dust' - YouTube

justif01
  • justif01
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Ziinga is a SCAM! They sign you up on the pretext of getting an IPod Shuffle and a 7 day trial membership. You enter in your credit card details but here is the sting in the tail. They sign you up for a "platinum" membership without your consent which is fraud and absurd. After all it was supposed to be a "trial" membership which you could cancel within 7 days right? Within your account there is no place to update payment information so now they can charge your card for whatever they like and you have a "platinum" membership that you never consented to! Their auctions are dubious at best. They seem to stay frozen at 1 second for far too long and then they magically get more bids?! I smell admin supported shill bidding here. If you have been conned by these scammers the first thing to do is to contact your bank and get your card stopped and reissued, then they can't milk it for any more money. If you have already been charged for the IPod or the like file a chargeback for non receipt as they use 3D Secure to process payments so they can't get hit with fraud chargebacks (how ironic is that!). If you have been billed for the monthly "membership" charge them back too for non receipt as well, because you haven't actually received anything and they have no signature either. The best thing is that each chargeback costs these fraudsters $25 a hit. If they say about a "cancellation" fee, they are based in Malta so assuming you don't live in Malta I wouldn't worry about them coming after you for it. This site is a con that needs to be shut down.

jadam29
  • jadam29
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

If only people would wake up to site like Ziinga. I have never signed up to the site but I do know the site very well being a programmer. Remember the saying “ you don’t get something for nothing “ Ziinga prey on the greedy who think they can beat a computer software that is designed to triple plus their profits on any 1 item.

Sure you will win something 1 day, but you will have better odds on the lotto or very good timing. They is no beating the system, they must hit a certain amount before the item will be released. In this case if the item is worth £500 retail, they will set the system to achieve £2500 - £3000 retail. They buy the item wholesale for £280 and there you have the profit of £2720.00. Not bad for a site that only needs to list a few items.

As for the promotion they offer, that’s there to get you involved or “hooked”. You will never win with promotion points or they will never send you the item.

So, be sensible and avoid scams!

Evan Cusick
  • Evan Cusick
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Please read this.

Can the owner of this site be refered to this post.

Ziinga is not a penny auction site at all it is an out and out scam. Google it. They use a hidden contract to charge you a fee and they don't actually send any products at all. The entire thing as a plain scam. Please feature this site on your main page and tell people to spread the word.
If anyone knows annonymus could you ask them to take the site down. I am on my way to Malta to find the Ziinga people and kill them and their children for being dirty theiving bastards.

Thanks.

Evan Cusick
  • Evan Cusick
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

ask-ziinga.com – Another auction site ripping people off - Scam & Ripoff Reviews @ theSCAM.com

beenawhile80
  • beenawhile80
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey, roughly the same happened to me :(
Was tempted by an ipod shuffle, gave my details to get the ipod & watched a couple of auctions. Kinda realised that the auctions looked a bit dodgy so cancelled my 'free trial' on same day. Sent an email to confirm cancellation & spoke to someone on live chat to confirm I had cancelled, which they said i had & thought that was that. However, checked my statements today & the cheeky sh*ts had took £59.99 out my account for the last 2 months! Spent 20mins on the phone asking why they were taking money to be told that i had a 3 month 'platinum membership'.

So i asked the guy i was speaking to, to check my account with them & he verified that i joined & cancelled on the same day. I asked how the 7 day FREE trial worked & he couldnt explain it properly. In the end he said i was entitled to the 2x £59.99 i had paid, minus their £28! cancelation fee! The cheeky little gits, charging for cancelling an account i was unaware i agreed to. Ive had to accept this so far but will be taking it further. Oh & i havent received an Ipod shuffle either!.

Very dodgy site

Dune demo
  • Dune demo
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello to all. I am on vacation from England and these penny auction sites are new to me as you will see !! Yesterday i replied to an advert offering an ipod,for $1.62, and free 7 day membership for Ziinga. I paid with my debit card and only when i received my confirmation email did i realise i had been conned. I had stupidly signed up for 3 months membership,at a cost of $300,and had to provide ID and utility bills !! Ok,onto Ziinga online chat helpline,which is the slowest process imaginable,and the end result is me having to pay $39 cancelation fee for a membership which lasted under 1 hour !! and no ipod !! Ziinga would not budge on their charges however much i explained i would never even be able to validate my membership !! Oh well,morale of the story is to always read the small print ! None as daft as us Brits !!

Dune demo
  • Dune demo
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

:SHello to all. I am on vacation from England and these penny auction sites are new to me as you will see !! Yesterday i replied to an advert offering an ipod,for $1.62, and free 7 day membership for Ziinga. I paid with my debit card and only when i received my confirmation email did i realise i had been conned. I had stupidly signed up for 3 months membership,at a cost of $300,and had to provide ID and utility bills !! Ok,onto Ziinga online chat helpline,which is the slowest process imaginable,and the end result is me having to pay $39 cancellation fee for a membership which lasted under 1 hour !! and no ipod !! Ziinga would not budge on their charges however much i explained i would never even be able to validate my membership !! Oh well,morale of the story is to always read the small print ! None as daft as us Brits !!

vi0lentliehappy
  • vi0lentliehappy
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I just got hit with these sneaky lies of a membership as well. I contacted my CC immediately and had them cancel my card and explained to them how this site worked. Has anyone gone to the BBB on these guys yet?

jake
  • jake
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Why are these people still pretending to trade, and why are they allowed to still be ripping people off?

Evan Cusick
  • Evan Cusick
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have just had to get acard reissued becuase of these people .All it is is a scam to steal cards and ID not simply a dodgy contract.

BP1951
  • BP1951
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have just spent a good 30 mins with a ziinga representitive trying to find out why they were charging me £28.00 for cancalling a credit card transaction 10 mins after joining them!! What I didn't realise was their 7 day FREE !!! membership is contractual as soon as you are tempted by the free auction, as soon as I saw they wanted all my details sent to them I asked to cancel the £6. odd that I had bid for the item, yes they would do this no problem; but they charged a membership cancellation fee for something I did not know I had signed up for!! After reading all about this company I will be cancelling my credit card so they cannot milk me dry!! My advice is stay away from this company who are only there to take your money!!

febish66
  • febish66
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

EVERYONE IN UK - I am planning on taking these people to Court and wonder how many people would be interested in joining me as witnesses etc. I work for a law firm and am not letting these crooks get away with scamming people anymore.

Fiona

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users