Started by ttowngirl , Oct 19 2011 12:58 PM

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

fsanders
  • fsanders
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

ziinga is a scam! They sign you up on the pretext of getting an ipod shuffle and a 7 day trial membership. You enter in your credit card details but here is the sting in the tail. They sign you up for a "platinum" membership without your consent which is fraud and absurd. After all it was supposed to be a "trial" membership which you could cancel within 7 days right? Within your account there is no place to update payment information so now they can charge your card for whatever they like and you have a "platinum" membership that you never consented to! Their auctions are dubious at best. They seem to stay frozen at 1 second for far too long and then they magically get more bids?! I smell admin supported shill bidding here. If you have been conned by these scammers the first thing to do is to contact your bank and get your card stopped and reissued, then they can't milk it for any more money. If you have already been charged for the ipod or the like file a chargeback for non receipt as they use 3d secure to process payments so they can't get hit with fraud chargebacks (how ironic is that!). If you have been billed for the monthly "membership" charge them back too for non receipt as well, because you haven't actually received anything and they have no signature either. The best thing is that each chargeback costs these fraudsters $25 a hit. If they say about a "cancellation" fee, they are based in malta so assuming you don't live in malta i wouldn't worry about them coming after you for it. This site is a con that needs to be shut down.

this is almost exactly what happened to me. I am now going to cancel my credit card because they have now sent a charge through for zar659.99 which i am instructing my credit card company not to pay.

kizzy08
  • kizzy08
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

yes i would love to join you and would be more than willing to be a witness. i will cut my story as short as poss, stupidly i used wat was supposed to be a free bid i won a coffee maker, that was jan 31st 2012, i still havnt got and theyve managed to take out over £159.00 out of my bank a/c they have tried everything to get out of giving me a refund, firstly i didnt join any subscription and they were no terms and conditions on the page that night, i cant believe i was stupid enough to give them my details, because of this my bank dont want to know, there words to me were "keep us out of it, its between you and ziinga, its not our problem!" ive had plenty of contact with ziinga via email, but because they know i am in the right theyve ignored my last 5 emails, i said if bids from this subscription are untouched as mine were they state full refund, theyve now said one of their agents bidded on my behalf, not authorised by me they didnt and when i told them they couldnt do that as they needed a maximum bid amount from me, they now ignore my emails, obviously more to this story and id be more than willing to help in anyway to bring these con scamming b.....s down. i read so much s... bout them i cant understand how there still doing this. Jean

LauraL
  • LauraL
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi Fiona,
I live in the UK and would definately be interested in being a witness for you. Spent £4 on a "free" bid and was automatically signes up to pay £59.99 a month... As a student I cannot afford this, and have had to cancel my card to stop further payments being taken from them! I was not informed of this "platinum membership" and their call centre team was highly unhelpful, and even had the cheek to lie to me; firstly there wasn't anyone above the woman I was talking to, then when I started to get the woman flustered (probably because she knew I was right) there was a supervisor: The supervisor told me her first name although refused to give me her last name when I wanted to file a complaint (apparently it is company policy) and she told me that there were no managers on the floor; after having been lied to once I did not believe this. Please let me know if you do take them to court, you can email me: lauraluscombe@hotmail.co.uk, because I want this site with its hidden membership taken DOWN.

Regards,
Laura

StevieBee
  • StevieBee
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am in the process of reporting this to Latest News | Action Fraud has anyone else done this about Ziinga ????

cherie23
  • cherie23
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

EVERYONE IN UK - I am planning on taking these people to Court and wonder how many people would be interested in joining me as witnesses etc. I work for a law firm and am not letting these crooks get away with scamming people anymore.

Fiona

I received an email for the site offering free gift. I won a samsung camera and paid for it immediatly £7.49 in total with shipping. After two weeks i checked the site to see where my product was. I was told i needed to upload id, copies of bank card and a credit validation form. I did not feel comfortable in doing this so i never. I checked my bank account and found that £59.99 had also been taken from ziinga. I logged into account on ziinga and spoke to suzie on chat.All she had to say was i ticked the box for payment it was in the terms and conditions, i had signed up to platinum membership unknowingly. I requested a refund of money for membership and the product i as i know longer wanted it. I was told as i won the item over 30 days ago i was not intitled to a refund as it was over 14 days. I argued that i had not received any product and should be intitled to my money. She just continued to argue theat that was there policies and it was all my fault as i had not completed the forms and id they wanted. I gave uip in the end. When checking my emails i had received an email from ziinga which stated my cancellation of membership would be complete and the were going to charge me £28 for the privilage. So i have had £59.99 and £7.49 taken and they intend to take a further £28 and i have not received a thing.
I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO WITH THIS..... I WONT MY MONEY BACK

gregash
  • gregash
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Yes, it has happened to me too. Usual tale of Ziinga fraud - with a nasty twist. I'm in The John Radcliffe Hospital awaiting major maxillofacial surgery for malignant cancer of the lower jaw and possible spreading to the lymph node next to the bone & then thereon... So, in order to stave off boredom from daytime TV, the inevitable hospital food and so on, I thought I'll have a look around the internet and see if I can do some competitions, play some free games, maybe win a little money or get a few interesting bargains.

During my researches I did my best to not be taken in by shyster sites & they are usually pretty easy, but I happened across ziinga & in no time at all I'd won a coffee maker (RRP £49.95 on Amazon) for £ 3.78 or so. Then I was asked for £7.89 for P&P. The I started thinking OK well, maybe that's ok - could be nice, did check it out on amazon and it got good reviews and it is a pod machine but you can buy your own pods and use your own blends. Nice I thought - so I went to pay the postage and they wanted this:

Dear funkigreg,

You are only a few steps away from getting your free item from Ziinga!

Because we have a one gift per household policy, you must confirm your identity by sending the following documents as proof:

Scanned copy of Credit Card (front and back)
Scanned copy of valid ID (passport or driver's license)
Scanned copy of signed credit card form. Download and fill up the form from this link:Credit Card Authorization Form :: Ziinga.com

Please upload all required documents to Login :: Ziinga.com in these formats only: JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG or PDF.

As soon as your documents are approved, your package should arrive at your shipping address within 2 to 4 weeks.

AT THIS I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG. Never in 15 years use of the internet had I come across these sort of conditions attached to a "free trial offer" BUT it was not a free trial - without knowing about it I had agreed, by accepting "the free gift" - the coffee machine I had bid on, and won ( er yes, I was really asking myself some questions by now ) which I thought was an auction - was in fact a free gift from the company. Oh ?!? Well I never. Mystified I decided to start asking some questions.

I tried their 24/7 online messenger style chat panel but there was nobody there. They were probably all down at the beach bar sipping Pina Coladas laughing their socks off. Anyway eventually I connected with 'Mickey' who was sorry to hear I was hospital bound and could not fulfill the conditions - I live 25 miles away from the hospital and can't get all that paperwork sorted from my hospital bed. He apologised and said I had agreed to the terms and conditions by paying for the coffee maker - in effect putting me into their 'Platinum' programme where you get free bids etc for about £58 or so pounds for the 1st 3 months, but if I was quick I could cancel and only have to pay £28. So he sent me an email:

Hi funkigreg,

This email has been sent to you upon your request for a refund and/or cancellation of subscription from Ziinga.com.
The details contained here outlines the charges incurred, their corresponding refunds and any cancellation fee or other fees that may apply. This information has been relayed to you by our Customer Support Agents and reflects the figures discussed.
Please examine the information below:

Transaction Date

2012-04-08 07:04

Charge Name

Charge Amount

Cancellation Fee

(£ 28.00)

Total Charge Amount

(£ 28.00)

According to our Terms and Conditions, a cancellation fee of £ 28.00 shall be charged as penalty for breaking the 3 month binding contract for subscriptions.
Continuing with this verification process will fulfill the transaction for you.
Please click on the link below to confirm the refund and/or cancellation request.
https://www.ziinga.c...dc2358c44ad1787

I asked him when did I agree to this programme and he wrote that I should check my SPAM box - I told him/her I always deleted stuff in there as it is usually from scammers & thieves - strangely at this juncture the chat was terminated. How odd eh ?

Next I got on to my Barclays bank 24 debit card fraud line and they saw the debit for £3.70 ish for the coffee machine, but no other Ziinga transactions. (PHEWEE !) I immediately cancelled my card & told him to de-authorise any future transfers from my acc apart from my usual STO's standing orders and DD'd direct debits. This he agreed to do and said I'd have a new card by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.

Oh boy are the guys at Ziinga a real bunch of hustle merchants - it was interesting to read the comments posted above on the probable maths profit breakdowns on the operation. They are really raking it in. It's not right.

I read above about Fiona at Feebish66 being a lawyer and wanting witnessess to this sophisticated fraud. Well it should be theoretically possible to assemble a team together, with the right screen saver/capture software and a nice little cosy any old bodies granny with internet access and a prepaid mastercard to collect enough evidence to show just how they have been operating. BBC Watchdog should be informed, a should money watch and other consumer rights groups.

I CAN HOWEVER USE A COMPUTER AND HAVE UNLIMITED INTERNET ACCESS, but that's another story. I won't hopefully get suckered again by something like this. Sure I feel a fool, sure I'm angry at having lost money and time, but I'm glad it didn'y go as far as it seems to have done for some of the other people on this posting. And what really irks me is we are probably only 0.00000001% if that of the people who they have gulled.

Have also been doing some research and we are not the only ones to be caught up in this: read the following website:
Just had an email from Ziinga.com - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

IT has some very salient advice about ziinga.com, and The Unsolicited Goods Act, Credit card rights, cancelling bank cards etc etc ad infinitum. It end with the sobering thought someone somewhere out there must be able to do something about these people. Who will do it though ?

And I just find it so sick that they just don't care who they do it to, my facts of my life don't give a hoot to them, they just want to bleed me dry. But hopefully they are not going to do that. Will keep checking my bank.

But they have made an ill man very unhappy. b******s.

Evan Cusick
  • Evan Cusick
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

[FONT="]I signed up to Ziinga in January and got scammed for there "cancellation fee" of their platinum membership after winning a bid package. Just yesterday I decided to go back and look at my account. I bid my bids and won a videogame. Then I got a reciept that looks like this.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]You are about to pay £ 2.17 plus £ 2.10 shipping cost for the auction titled: Diablo 3[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]Posted Image
Diablo 3
Shipping Cost:

£ 2.10

Total:

£ 4.27

Your Price:

£ 4.27

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Creditcard Number :

Expiration Date :

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 - 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022

Control Number :

What is a signature code?

Cardholder Name :

I accept Ziinga's Terms and Conditions.

Safe & Secure
  • Verified by VISA
  • Secured by SSL
  • 128 bit encryption
  • High standard of authentication
  • Verified by a certificate authority
Posted Image Posted Image

[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]

[TABLE="width: 0"]
[TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Secured Payments with:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Posted Image Posted Image https://www.ziinga.c...ogo_maestro.png https://www.ziinga.c..._mastercard.png https://www.ziinga.c...ogo_visa_02.png[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It clearly states that I only need to pay £4.27. No mention of a membership for £180. OS I meant onto their live chat with the scammers. And simply asked them if I was to pay only what was on the receipt to receive the game. I you will be glad to know I got some good evidence to show that they are scamming people with hidden charges.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Please wait for a siteoperator to respond.[/FONT]

[FONT="]You are now chattingwith 'Patrick'[/FONT]
[FONT="]Patrick:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]Welcome to Ziinga! How can I help you?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Jimpy-UK:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]Hello, I won a copy of Diablo 3 in anauction. If I pay for this are you going to chrage me for your "hiddenmembership" like you did before. Also, I have searched the internet andfound only people who say you don't send anything and just take money out ofpeople's accounts and scam them.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Patrick:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]May I have your username and emailaddress please?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Patrick:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]Just to inform, that is not hidden and itis stated in the payment page.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Jimpy-UK:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]You cna see my username[/FONT]
[FONT="]Jimpy-UK:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]Jimpy-UK.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Jimpy-UK:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]https://www.ziinga.c...t/1836973.Check for yourseelf, where does it say I have to any membership for hundreds ofpounds?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Jimpy-UK:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]It clearly states that I only have to pay£4.27, are you going to charge me for your membership aswell?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Jimpy-UK:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]Well[/FONT]
[FONT="]Patrick:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]One moment please.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Jimpy-UK:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]Are you still there?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Patrick:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]Yes, I am.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Patrick:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]One moment please.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Patrick:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]Thank you for holding.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Jimpy-UK:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]yes and[/FONT]
[FONT="]Patrick:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]Please be informed that if you are goingto pay for the item, your account will be reactivated.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Jimpy-UK:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]My account is activated?! How could I bidon anything if it wasn't.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Jimpy-UK:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]Its a simple question. Are you going tochrage me only £4.27?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Jimpy-UK:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]Or £100 for your membership and thencharge me to cancel it like you seem to have done of hundreds of other people.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Patrick:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]You will pay the item, for the price thatyou saw and you will pay the membership fee.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Patrick:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]Is this much better?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Jimpy-UK:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="]Thanks. Thats all the evidence I need"Patrick." Just to let you know if you could tell Dennis that hisfraud operation is under investigation by the FBI. He may be surprised that ifyou charge hidden payments that are not shown on a receipt is a scam and he isgoing to get hell for it. Thousands of complaints have been made about thisscam operation.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]"Patrick:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]You will pay the item, for the price that you saw and you will pay the membership fee."
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]So whoever the lawyer is please contact me and I will help [otherwise I might just go find them myself for a bit of vigilante justice.] Its as clear as day that they scam people for hidden charges. ALso I have not heard anyone actually recieve anything from them. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]

Evan Cusick
  • Evan Cusick
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

EVERYONE IN UK - I am planning on taking these people to Court and wonder how many people would be interested in joining me as witnesses etc. I work for a law firm and am not letting these crooks get away with scamming people anymore.

Fiona

Are you sitll going to get these people [revanevan_5@hotmail.co.uk is my email I will help you].

plagitta
  • plagitta
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

It happened to my husband last night, since I was sleeping I couldn't stop him, because it truly sounded fishy. At least I could stop him before sending the information they required (a copy of the credit card and ID).

Best of luck Fiona!

sjfunk
  • sjfunk
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Okay, I can go into more detail with this... Had a nice conversation with a rep called Lexie - who cut me off, then one with a rep called Miriam - They don't have a clue what they are talking about.

To me the blatant fact they are trying or were trying sorry, to fob me off.. Makes me believe they don't like it when people uncover their scam.

Lexie: You have won a promotional won auction which is Samsung C3300.

Annonymus: Okay, now, it says I've got to pay for the postage, now I've read on a complaint

site that if I pay for this you then ask for things such as bank statements, as well as sign me

up for a 7day trial period, which is in fact the three month platinum account.

Lexie: Yes that is correct. The Samsung C3300 is in conjunction with the Platinum

membership.

Lexie: It has a 3 month binding contract and has a Platinum membership fee.

Lexie: For us to process the delivery of the won auction you need to submit the required

documents. The reason why we required the documents because we have a one gift per

household policy, you must confirm your identity by sending the required documents as

proof.

Lexie: Are you still there?

Annonymus: I'm still here, but heres the question, how can you offer "Free Gifts" and a 7day

"TRIAL" but automatically sign someone up to the Platinum membership, without stating

that?

Lexie: Please be informed that the 7 free Platinum membership is not a trial period.

Lexie: And you are not obliged to pay the won auction if you do not want to be a Platinum

member.

Annonymus: What if I bid on a "free Auction" and win that. Does accepting to buy those

automatically sign me up for the Platinum membership?

Lexie: Yes.

Annonymus: So what your saying, is there isn't an Actual "FREE Auction" as it

automatically signs you to a Platinum Membership no matter and this is not stated in the

terms and conditions of the website (Dont say they are I've read them... It does NOT Say

this) Therefore this can be constitute as a scam.

Lexie: The given gift is a Promotional won auction. Once you pay for the that you will be a

Platinum member. Bidders on site are Platinum member.

Lexie: We respect your insight.

Lexie: Are you still there?

Annonymus: Yes, but you dont tell people that they are becoming Platinum members -

From what I've read on the complaints forum, you are selling them a 7day trial period. But

not actually doing that. Therefore you are mis-informing new members. Which is constitute

as a scam. This is probably the only website I've seen which does not offer a trial period. As

well as a cancellation fee for cancelling memberships.

Miriam: Welcome to Ziinga! How can I help you?

Annonymus: I was speaking to Lexie a few minutes ago about this whole thing. Now she

closed before I could respond with my next query. How does this whole membership work. As

far as I work out, you pay £59.99 per month, but then you've got to buy bids on top of

that. Therefore by the time you win an auction, you could end up paying a helluva lot more

than retail price. Do your members realise this? Also why do we have to sign up to a

Platinum membership with the "Free" offer which is seriously "NOT" Free.
Miriam: Let me check your concern.

Miriam: May I have your username?

Annonymus: sjfunk

Miriam: May I have your e-mail address?

Annonymus: why do you need this?

Miriam: I need to verify your account.

Annonymus: But I've just asked a question, nothing to do with an actual account, as I've not

signed up to the membership

Miriam: I am sorry, you have an account, that is why I need to verify that information.
Annonymus: but my question is just in general... I didn't even know I had account till I

signed in using information I used for a completely different site.

Miriam: Ok, as I checked, you only registered, however, you don't have membership yet.

Miriam: As i checked, you won a mobile phone in our promotional auction.

Annonymus: yeah, I know all that. But the thing that is bugging, me, WHY do I have to sign

up to a platinum membership?

Miriam: Please know that. this item is connected with a Platinum membership

Miriam: Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Annonymus: yeah, but I've placed bids on two other auctions, which no longer have timers,

but dont say I've won. Yet, if I win and pay, I still get signed up to the Platinum

membership

Miriam: Yes, as I said, any purchase in ziinga.com is connected with a Platinum

membership.

Annonymus: That is not what you said. But to my original question. If on your terms, you

offer different memberships, why do we "Have" to sign up to the platinum membership.

Miriam: As of this point in time, we only have Platinum membership.
Annonymus: Membership Ziinga offers different types of memberships, each with a

corresponding fee. All members get to enjoy value added benefits: Extra bids for bid

package purchases Free shipping Free bid Bid-for-Free auctions Daily Bid Agent
Annonymus: That is from your terms and conditions page... So your telling me your terms

and conditions are wrong?

Miriam: As of this time, that is the only type of membership that we have.

Annonymus: But your terms and conditions state otherwise, now either they are wrong or

you are. Not to mention, we have to send proof of ID for our purchases. How do we know as

a consumer that you wont use these added with our card details to go and commit further

fraud activities against our names. At no other site in the world do you have to supply this

information.

Miriam: We respect your opinion.

Annonymus: But yet you are not giving me a thorough detailed explanation to this.

Miriam: As I have mentioned, we only have Platinum membership now and it is in

conjunction with any purchase in ziinga.com.

Annonymus: Okay I'll ask again... WHY DO WE HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR PLATINUM

ACCOUNTS? also WHY DO WE NEED TO PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION WE NEED TO?

Miriam: Please be informed that, you are not obliged to pay any amount.

Miriam: If you don't like to sign up for a Platinum membership, you don't have to worry.

Annonymus: But if I want to buy two auctions that I've won - or I think I should (its not

stating that but has not timer on) you're saying I have to... So which is it. I do or dont. Any

please answer my questions, its feeling like I am speaking to a Politition, as you're not

answering the questions I've asked.

Miriam:

Miriam: As I said, you cannot buy the item, without the membership.

Annonymus: Why?

Miriam: As I said, they are always in conjunction with each other.

Annonymus: And what about my other question. Why do we have to send you scanned copy

of proof of ID, and a documentation that we have to sign?

Miriam: Because we have 1 item per user policy, and we only require these documents for

verification.

Annonymus: 1 item per user policy so you need verification of documents? What? Seriously,

how do you need this documentation to source the 1 item per user policy. I've just found

this site. Never seen it before until today, now you need to prove I'm me, an nobody else.

How can I get two items with my one user ID. That makes no sense.

Miriam: Please be informed that you can only have 1 of these 2 items

Annonymus: WHAT?

Miriam: As i also checked, the only item that you can have is the Samsung C3300.

Annonymus: Then why did you say I can only have 1 of these two items? When I asked why

we need to prove our Id when we sign up. This leads me to believe that any information I

send will be used against me in fraudulent activity.

Miriam: As I said, we have 1 item per user policy. We need your documents to verify your

identity.

Annonymus: Do you know how strange this whole site sounds. Terms and Conditions that

say theres different membership types, when there isnt. The need to prove yourself as a

person to buy items thats not being financed.

Miriam: As I said, we respect your opinion.

Annonymus: But at the same time, not giving any assurances that any provided

information is kept secret and not uesd for fraud.

Miriam: Please be informed that, Ziinga is verified by Thawte, a leading global Certification

Authority making the Web a secure place to do business. We make use of 128-bit

encryption to make sure data in your transactions remains private and confidential at all

times.

Miriam:

Annonymus: Thawte don't protect against fraud, they supply SSL Certificates, if we send

documentation via email that is not protected by SSL certs. Transactions maybe.. But that

doesn't stop documentation being used against the consumer. As this is not protected. All it

has is name, address dob.. All info that is required for fraud.

Miriam: As I mentioned, we only need your document for verification,

Annonymus: Youve said that but provided nothing in the way of this documentation being

used to verify then destroyed afterwards. How do we know you dont sell this info on to

others?

Annonymus: Also you still haven't explained why we need a platinum account to buy things.

Surely a standard no subscription based account would surfice.. Or is it due to you knowing

that every item will then be sold at a loss not a profit?

Miriam: Be advised that we stand by our decision regarding this matter. Our decision is

also in line with our Terms and Conditions.

Annonymus: Um no it isn't... As again your terms and conditions do state there are other

subscriptions available... Therefore making people sign up to a platinum subscription when

there is stated on terms and conditions that there ARE others available.. IS AGAINST THE

LAW.

Annonymus: Oh and one more question. Do we have to provide documentation towards

purchasing other items that are NOT the offer?

Miriam: You only need to send documents once.

Miriam: If you win another items in the future, you don't need to send these documents

again .

Annonymus: Thats not what I asked... I don't want the free offer. The phone itself is not

worth the hassle. What I want to know and asked... The other items, if I won, do I need to

send the documentation to support this?

Miriam: If you win in the Live Auction, you don't need to send documents,

Annonymus: What about the Free live auctions?

Miriam: If you have not sent any documents yet, you need to send them before receiving

the item.

I've got a screen shot of the terms and conditions screen that I've not uploaded to the web yet too.

Ian Paul Galloway
  • Ian Paul Galloway
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Fiona

I would be a witness!!! they even tried to tell me it was there plain as day that I signed up for a membership and that I got a confirmation e-mail , I only received one e-mail off them and there was nothing

nutmeg88
  • nutmeg88
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi all. I am wanting to know if anyone at all recieved their product from ziinga?
My story is very much like everyone elses - I came across Ziinga a few hours ago, got lured in with a "free registration" offer, won a Samsung phone with my free bids, registered for the platinum account and was charged the $7 for the phone and a few dollars for shipping. The DIFFERENCE with my story is that I read the terms and conditions before I registered, and I have to say - they DID state (in my case anyway) that on registering I would be bound by a 3 month contract and if I cancelled I would have to pay the cancellation fee. I decided to accept these terms anyway as I figured the phone I won was worth more than the cancellation fee. So, in my case I dont think I can actually say I have been scammed. However, on reading all these posts, I am planning to take the action tomorrow of cancelling my credit card just in case. What I really want to know is - is there anybody that DID send in the documents that were asked for and did NOT receive the product?
Thanks,
Megan (New Zealand) :)

Rasbenek
  • Rasbenek
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi Fiona

Count me in too - want to take these scammers down - my story is no different to anyone elses.................but funny how the ipod shuffle 2gb is the same carrot everyone falls for.

Nicholas Lean
07938 924597

Rasbenek
  • Rasbenek
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Yes stupidly - only then to be told they were wating for my authorisation -yet they already had it -its just away to aovid sending out the 'free' won auction gift which incidentally doesnt exist because it is the same 'carrot' everyone gets caught out by. Incidentally as I understand contract law in the UK - the offer acceptance occurs with free auction and purchase of the ipod. If the item isnt received then they are in breach - and any 'contract' for membership they claim is void on the basis of their breach especially as the free auction win and membership are linked in therir eyes. They cant have it both ways !

gotscammed
  • gotscammed
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

how can I help?

rippedoff
  • rippedoff
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Image Originally Posted by justif01 Posted Image
ziinga is a scam! They sign you up on the pretext of getting an ipod shuffle and a 7 day trial membership. You enter in your credit card details but here is the sting in the tail. They sign you up for a "platinum" membership without your consent which is fraud and absurd. After all it was supposed to be a "trial" membership which you could cancel within 7 days right? Within your account there is no place to update payment information so now they can charge your card for whatever they like and you have a "platinum" membership that you never consented to! Their auctions are dubious at best. They seem to stay frozen at 1 second for far too long and then they magically get more bids?! I smell admin supported shill bidding here. If you have been conned by these scammers the first thing to do is to contact your bank and get your card stopped and reissued, then they can't milk it for any more money. If you have already been charged for the ipod or the like file a chargeback for non receipt as they use 3d secure to process payments so they can't get hit with fraud chargebacks (how ironic is that!). If you have been billed for the monthly "membership" charge them back too for non receipt as well, because you haven't actually received anything and they have no signature either. The best thing is that each chargeback costs these fraudsters $25 a hit. If they say about a "cancellation" fee, they are based in malta so assuming you don't live in malta i wouldn't worry about them coming after you for it. This site is a con that needs to be shut down.

this is almost exactly what happened to me. I am now going to cancel my credit card because they have now sent a charge through for zar659.99 which i am instructing my credit card company not to pay.

I've read many stories on various sites and all of them are very similar to my experience. I've emailed them and told them I didn't sign up for the "platinum" membership - I’ve only "paid" for something I’ve won. They've replied that I should then cancel if I’m not interested. Which I did. Then the next email came informing me that I’ll be charged till March 2013. I've emailed my bank and said to them they should look out for any visa charges from Ziinga and don't allow the transaction. But unfortunately we had a long weekend here and on this public holiday I’ve received a text message that my card was charged with R725.96. There was a hold on the amount which I’ve noticed and thought I would be in time to get my bank to stop it on the next working day but too late. I have no idea if my bank will be able to file a dispute and get the money back or not. Anybody else who maybe managed to get their money back? So far I’ve read that most people lost their money and no refunds were received. At first they were replying to emails within seconds. Now they don't reply at all. (O and yes I've made screenprints and emailed to them where the auction was on 1sec for various bidders including my bids for a very long time - they've responded that I have a slow connection)

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Take a look at this.. added some of what you just posted as well. See the part about what appears could be shill bidding by the company Threats Made and Charges that Consumers Were Not Aware of Yet Ziinga Still Going Strong – Penny Auction Watch®

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users