beta testing beta testing contest launch new auction site

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Mike
  • Mike
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Has anyone had problems with the timers? The timer froze on me 4 times, had to close out the site and then login again. Problem bidding like that ya know. Tried other sites and had no problem.

pawsunknownmember
  • pawsunknownmember
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

timers are working fine on my end looks like this will be a good site

Mike
  • Mike
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Has anyone had problems with the timers? The timer froze on me 4 times, had to close out the site and then login again. Problem bidding like that ya know. Tried other sites and had no problem.

Well it looks like I am the only one who had trouble then, it continued to freeze the timer for me, the only way I could at least get in a bid was to use the auto/bidder, the system took over and placed bids for me, the timer still froze but I could see my bid come up. I use Mozilla fire fox, then tried it on my wifes computer, she has internet explorer, it did the same thing. I don't know if I will be able to use the site, any other site work fine......Oh well

Ladybug
  • Ladybug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Well it looks like I am the only one who had trouble then, it continued to freeze the timer for me, the only way I could at least get in a bid was to use the auto/bidder, the system took over and placed bids for me, the timer still froze but I could see my bid come up. I use Mozilla fire fox, then tried it on my wifes computer, she has internet explorer, it did the same thing. I don't know if I will be able to use the site, any other site work fine......Oh well

Hi Mike,

I know this refresh thing is getting on my last nerve! We are looking into this. Please be a little patient. We are taking everyone's feedback and fixing as we go along. This particular issue is taking us a bit more time to address.

Just to be clear. This is not happening to anyone else. The site is refreshing more often than I would like, (annoyingly so) however it is not "freezing" on anyone else. (so far)

Thanks again for your participation. I look forward to seeing you on the site again.

Kind regards,

Linda
Operations Manager
Penny Paddle Auction

Ladybug
  • Ladybug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Hi Everyone!

First I want to thank all of you for participating in our Beta testing. Yesterday went well. We still have a few kinks but are working to correct them.

Please continue to email your feed back and post on the forum.

We have decided to increase the number of bids to 500 per day until we are done with the Beta testing. We anticipate the Beta phase to end at midnight on Monday, January 16, 2012.

The auction times for today are from 2:00pm to 4:00pm and from 6:00pm till midnight tonight.

Again, thanks for participating and Enjoy!

ONE LAST THING. PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE IN BETA MODE AND PRODUCTS/ITEMS WILL BE AWARDED. Please see the contest information in the news section on the site after you login. www.pennypaddleauction.com

Thanks,

Linda
Operations Manager
Penny Paddle Auction

Edited by Ladybug, 11 January 2012 - 07:14 PM.

Ladybug
  • Ladybug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Hi Everyone!

First I want to thank all of you for participating in our Beta testing. Yesterday went well. We still have a few kinks but are working to correct them.

We have decided to increase the number of bids to 500 per day until we are done with the Beta testing. We anticipate the Beta phase to end at midnight on Monday, January 16, 2012.

The auction times for today are from 2:00pm to 4:00pm and from 6:00pm till midnight tonight.

ONE LAST THING. PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE IN BETA MODE AND PRODUCTS/ITEMS WILL BE AWARDED. Please see the contest information in the news section on the site after you login. www.pennypaddleauction.com

Thanks,

Linda
Operations Manager
Penny Paddle Auction

Sorry I forgot to put in the word NOT. so the correction is ONE LAST THING. PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE IN BETA MODE AND PRODUCTS/ITEMS WILL NOT BE AWARDED.

Thanks,

Linda
Operations Manager
Penny Paddle Auction

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

STill no email this seems to be a issue still with your system

Ladybug
  • Ladybug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

STill no email this seems to be a issue still with your system

Hi Realbidtowin,

I verified your email in our system earlier today. You should be good to go!

Thanks,

Linda
Operations Manager
Penny Paddle Auction

Ladybug
  • Ladybug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Hi Everyone!

I want to thank all of you again for participating in our Beta testing. Yesterday went well. We still have a few kinks but are working to correct them.

ONE LAST THING. PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE IN BETA MODE AND PRODUCTS/ITEMS WILL NOT BE AWARDED. Please see the contest information in the news section on the site after you login. www.pennypaddleauction.com

Thanks,

Linda
Operations Manager
Penny Paddle Auction

Ladybug
  • Ladybug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Auctions are on!

ONE LAST THING. PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE IN BETA MODE AND PRODUCTS/ITEMS WILL NOT BE AWARDED. Please see the contest information in the news section on the site after you login. www.pennypaddleauction.com

Thanks,

Linda
Operations Manager
Penny Paddle Auction

DONTDOIT
  • DONTDOIT
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Hi Linda,
I try to register and get a 404 page not found message.....

Ladybug
  • Ladybug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Hi Linda,
I try to register and get a 404 page not found message.....

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know. I have an URGENT!!!! email into our developer. I am sure it is some kinda' silly data thing. I am confident this will be fixed in short order. Please check back shortly.

We are having the Beta test auctions today 2:00pm through 4:00pm and 6:00pm through midnight. We have also put up some new products. Even though we are in the test phase, most of the products you see are products we will offer for live bid when we launch.

Kind regards,

Linda
Operations Manager
Penny Paddle Auction

Ladybug
  • Ladybug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

We are having the Beta test auctions today 3:00pm through 5:00pm and 8:00pm through midnight. We have also put up some new products. Even though we are in the test phase, most of the products you see are products we will offer for live bid when we launch.

ONE LAST THING. PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE IN BETA MODE AND PRODUCTS/ITEMS WILL NOT BE AWARDED. Please see the contest information in the news section on the site after you login.

Come on over and join the fun and win a prize! www.pennypaddleauction.com

Kind regards,

Linda
Operations Manager
Penny Paddle Auction

Edited by Ladybug, 14 January 2012 - 07:37 PM.

lexus4her
  • lexus4her
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Why can't you join if you are a Utah Resident???

Ladybug
  • Ladybug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Why can't you join if you are a Utah Resident???

Hi Lexus4her,

Our Attorney said it is not a friendly state for Penny Auction sites. And there is some kindof scam going on Lawsuit filed against SwipeBids founder | Penny Auction List He specializes in Penny Auction/Internet Law. What he says goes!

Are you a Utah resident? If so, I am sorry you cannot participate. I did not want to lose a whole state of possible bidders.

Kind regards,

Linda
Operations Manager
Penny Paddle Auction

Ladybug
  • Ladybug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Auctions are on!

The auction times for today are from 2:00pm to 4:00pm and from 8:00pm till midnight tonight.

ONE LAST THING. PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE IN BETA MODE AND PRODUCTS/ITEMS WILL NOT BE AWARDED. Please see the contest information in the news section. www.pennypaddleauction.com

Thanks,

Linda
Operations Manager
Penny Paddle Auction

Amberk42
  • Amberk42
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I've been having trouble all day with the site loading. It is now but all the timers are frozen. No matter what browser I use. Like right now I keep getting the Kodak Easyshare at 4:35 as the next ending auction.

Amberk42
  • Amberk42
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I just got this when I refreshed. It sat there for a while blank then popped up this.

Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Figured I would post it so I can find out if it's a problem on my side or yours

Ladybug
  • Ladybug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your patience. I am sure you figured out we had to shut down Tuesday night:( We are back up:)!

The Beta testing contest is back on! Today is the final day so place your bids! www.pennypaddleauction.com

PLEASE REMEMBER AUCTION ITEMS ARE NOT AWARDED DURING THE TESTING PHASE

Read Contest rules on the site in the news section http://pennypaddleau...ews.php?topic=3

The hours for today are this afternoon from 2:00pm till 4:00pm and 8:00pm through midnight.

We appreciate your continued participation and welcome your feedback.

Enjoy!

Linda

Operations Manager

Penny Paddle Auction

Edited by Ladybug, 18 January 2012 - 07:21 PM.

Mike
  • Mike
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

I've been having trouble all day with the site loading. It is now but all the timers are frozen. No matter what browser I use. Like right now I keep getting the Kodak Easyshare at 4:35 as the next ending auction.

I had the same problem with the timers freezing up, from the get go, just today the timers seem to be working ok. When the system refreshes it takes you away from the auction your bidding on, you very well could lose that auction when it comes back on, if people start losing auctions when the screen refreshes like that it will very much piss people off. Me thinks it needs more work on the refresh, or look out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beta testing, beta testing contest, launch, new auction site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users