Background Image

RagingBid.com to Honor Bid-Bob.com Members Bids!!!

Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Feb 22 2012 11:34 PM
bid-bob bids penny auction ragingbid shut down

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Just in! RagingBid.com has just told us that they are going to be honoring all Bid-Bob.com penny auction member's bids on a 6-1 ratio. Read more Penny Auction RagingBid.com Honors Bid-Bob.com Members’ Bids

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Chris @ Penny Purses
  • Chris @ Penny Purses
  • **Forum Sponsor**
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts

Way to go Raging Bid!
PennyPurses.com The ORIGINAL penny auction site for purses.

neverwalks
  • neverwalks
  • Members
  • 1,571 posts

Taken from email just received...

Score Marketing and Promotions (SMP), dba RagingBid.com, in partnership with Bid-Bob.com, is pleased to announce we will be honoring the Bid Balance of all Bid-Bob.com customers with a 6-1 ratio. For every 1 Bid in your account at Bid-Bob.com, you will receive 6 Bids at RagingBid.com. Ragingbid.com just celebrated two years of operation and continues to be one of the most exciting and rewarding penny auction sites in the industry. Our customer focused approach continues to drive our daily operations, and we welcome the customers of Bid-Bob.com. For those of you with established accounts at RagingBid.com, we will add the bid value to your existing account. Bid-Bob.com President Bob MacReynolds says “RagingBid.com’s generosity by providing bid transfers for Bid-Bob.com customers proves they care deeply about the loyal customers of the Penny Auction Industry, and I believe they will continue to be upstanding corporate citizens in the future. We thank Scott and his team in advance for their help in this process, and we wish our customers well.” This is a very unique opportunity for RagingBid.com and Blukos.com our online shopping and entertainment mall. “We are in the process of developing alliances in the penny auction community that should give members the assurances that they can participate in a site without a financial risk” states Scott Matthews President of SMP. “Many sites get into a financial burden due to a lack of traffic to their site or by bidders that can monopolize a site from the onset.” “We don’t feel that Bid-Bob.com or the officers of the company caused the problem, we feel that it was some much unforeseen circumstances and events that any site could face”.
The Bid Transfers will occur over the next 2 weeks. Bid-Bob.com is responsible for all previous auction wins at Bid-Bob.com, so please continue to direct any product inquiries to Support@Bid-Bob.com. RagingBid.com invites you to preview our dynamic auction environment at RagingBid.com, and all questions and comments should be directed to Support@RagingBid.com.

I'm sure there will still be complaints, even though raging bid is honoring the balances at a ratio of 6-1, which is AMAZINGLY GENEROUS in my opinion... but like I say... there will still most likely be complaints because of the simple fact that you will never please everyone all of the time, just some, some of the time LOL.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

and yes... I know the title should have stated Ratio and not Ration :smilielol5: I can't edit a title though :( LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :12: Bid Long and Prosper :12:

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Taken from email just received...

I'm sure there will still be complaints, even though raging bid is honoring the balances at a ratio of 6-1, which is AMAZINGLY GENEROUS in my opinion... but like I say... there will still most likely be complaints because of the simple fact that you will never please everyone all of the time, just some, some of the time LOL.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

and yes... I know the title should have stated Ratio and not Ration :smilielol5: I can't edit a title though :( LOL

It's ok about the title, I merged it into the announcement I posted. I think it's great they are doing this because it seemed no one was getting a bid refund......

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

I agree with Chris. WTG Raging Bids! And to offer 6 to 1? at first I thought 1 to 6. But giving 5 extra! OMG! That's extremely generous!

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I agree with Chris. WTG Raging Bids! And to offer 6 to 1? at first I thought 1 to 6. But giving 5 extra! OMG! That's extremely generous!

You people are unbelievably gullable, there was no favor here ragingbid frequently offers 6-1 bids to everyone at the moment it is 4.5-1 on any bid pack purchase. Ragingbid is a tough site to be profitable on if you are new they also auction alot of big bidpacks and there are countless people with huge amounts of banked bids. For most of bidbobs customers this is no better than bidbob doing nothing and keeping the cash which is what basically happened here. Why anyone would praise a PA for not refunding $$ for bids purchased is beyond me all you are doing is setting it up for other PA's to do the same and simply walk away scott free with out Monies.

I am noy just saying this becasue it is Bidbob, this is a BAD presidence and will likely become a standard practice now that you have nievely endorsed it. Personally I will BOYCOTT any site that works with a defunct site in this manor as this is nothing more than manipulation at its best to avoid refunding you and scam you out of your $$$, Bob is laughing all the way to the bank...

cemetery_gates
  • cemetery_gates
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

You people are unbelievably gullable, there was no favor here ragingbid frequently offers 6-1 bids to everyone at the moment it is 4.5-1 on any bid pack purchase. Ragingbid is a tough site to be profitable on if you are new they also auction alot of big bidpacks and there are countless people with huge amounts of banked bids. For most of bidbobs customers this is no better than bidbob doing nothing and keeping the cash which is what basically happened here. Why anyone would praise a PA for not refunding $$ for bids purchased is beyond me all you are doing is setting it up for other PA's to do the same and simply walk away scott free with out Monies.

I am noy just saying this becasue it is Bidbob, this is a BAD presidence and will likely become a standard practice now that you have nievely endorsed it. Personally I will BOYCOTT any site that works with a defunct site in this manor as this is nothing more than manipulation at its best to avoid refunding you and scam you out of your $$$, Bob is laughing all the way to the bank...

I'm going to have to agree with rbw on this one. I only recently joined Bid-Bob.com and only had the 40 free bids. The fact that I will have 240 bids on Ragingbid... hey, I'm not complaining. I've looked into Ragingbid.com in the past and there's a reason I'm not a member, it's about the equivalent of Beezid where it's nigh impossible to win without shelling out serious cash.

If I had puchased bids and this was how it was handled, I guarantee you I'd be filing chargebacks without hesitation. While it's decent of Bid-Bob to transfer your bids somewhere and not just walkout on his customers altogether like so many other PA sites, in the same light any member who paid for bids should be eligible for a full refund on their remaining balance or have the freedom to choose.

Edited by cemetery_gates, 23 February 2012 - 07:24 PM.

BobM
  • BobM
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

I think Scott and his team made a very generous decision. Regardless of what their multipliers are at times, they are taking on a very large bid balance that they received no revenue for. They didn't have to contact me and make this offer, but they did and seemed very willing to help. I hope the Penny Auction User Community will remember Raging Bid for being a good corporate citizen in the industry, and for going above and beyond the call of duty.

If we had made better decisions, there would be money left to issue some refunds. But we didn't get it done right, we are out of money, and no one is laughing right now on our side of the business. Regardless of what the motivations are, the concerns of some bidders in the community, etc. Raging Bid was the only company willing to step up at a time when our customers needed help from someone.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I think Scott and his team made a very generous decision. Regardless of what their multipliers are at times, they are taking on a very large bid balance that they received no revenue for. They didn't have to contact me and make this offer, but they did and seemed very willing to help. I hope the Penny Auction User Community will remember Raging Bid for being a good corporate citizen in the industry, and for going above and beyond the call of duty.

If we had made better decisions, there would be money left to issue some refunds. But we didn't get it done right, we are out of money, and no one is laughing right now on our side of the business. Regardless of what the motivations are, the concerns of some bidders in the community, etc. Raging Bid was the only company willing to step up at a time when our customers needed help from someone.

Ragingbid did nothing special like every PA they must PAY for customers somehow be it advertising or buying a data base by giving away free bids. Since new members of ragingbid can get 100's of free bid when they join that in and of it self discounts the generosity, Fact is BOB regardless you STOLE for your customers. When yousaud that you stopped when it would have taken future bids to continure was a FLAT OUT LIE, by your own admission here you spent monies that you had no right to, meaning monies bidders spent on banked bids that were unused, sorry bob you actions technically are criminal. I do not by your TAX defense since you ran at a loss what was taxable??? you are nothing more than an internet conman

Again I suggest a BOYCOTT of Ragingbid and bidders should simply do chargebacks.

kimbers
  • kimbers
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

I agree with RBTW. Bob should take the money and refund people. Even if it is a percentage across the board. Can i give away my raging bids bids?
Or use them to aggravate people on raging bids.

CWN19
  • CWN19
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

yea bigdeal did for haggle then bidcactus did this for bigdeal so it nothing new gained a lot of new users but also the same group that brought both of those sites down

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

yea bigdeal did for haggle then bidcactus did this for bigdeal so it nothing new gained a lot of new users but also the same group that brought both of those sites down

Bidbob was very small time compared to those no where near the volume of bidders that could impact ragingbid. besides I bet only a select few had any substacial quantities of banked bids, none the less they should have been refunded.

BOYCOTT RAGINGBID

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Rbtw I know you and others were fukced over. And that sucks!! Yes, people should do chargebacks if they don't want bids at ragingbids, I totally agree! But you look at things one way. Bob didn't just close, he found a company to honor his bids, and i think that is more honorable than disappearing. NOW if Bob received any money from this transaction, this should be put towards customers first.

But you didn't answer my question in another thread...why do you think he didn't just say eff you all and run away like the rest? Why do you feel he needs to fix his Internet rep? He knows none of us. Why keep coming out of the woodwork?

And now you want to boycott a PA bc they backed Bob? What if Penny Purses decided to honor Bob's clients. Would you hate him and tell others to boycott him? I think it's so unnecessary. There are other ways to get what you want, and posting on a forum isn't the way to do it.

I know you are gonna slam me and call names like we are in grade school, but go ahead simce that seems to be your style.

Edited by BabyFidgette, 23 February 2012 - 09:32 PM.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

[quote name='BabyFidgette']Rbtw I know you and others were fukced over. And that sucks!! Yes, people should do chargebacks if they don't want bids at ragingbids, I totally agree! But you look at things one way. Bob didn't just close, he found a company to honor his bids, and i think that is more honorable than disappearing. NOW if Bob received any money from this transaction, this should be put towards customers first. [/QUOTE]

You see this is what Bob wants you all to believe that he is being honorable, bullsh1t, he is doing damage control, in the recent past when PA's stopped communicationg we have had sucess involving the authorities, bob is trying to defuse that, I am sorry but getting another company to honor bids is a fasaud it is nothing more than bob selling you out and defussing the anger when in reality he neglectfully spent your monies (banked bids) then blatently LIED here on PAW about the TAX thing as well as he claims they stopped before they dipped into future funds that was all BS.

[quote] But you didn't answer my question in another thread...why do you think he didn't just say eff you all and run away like the rest? Why do you feel he needs to fix his Internet rep? He knows none of us. Why keep coming out of the woodwork?[/quote]

Sorry I have not seen the other thread with your question, Again his actions were criminal and in order to avoid possible prossicution or heat from Gov agencies he needs to diffuse the angry mob, it is a smart move by a conman

[quote] And now you want to boycott a PA bc they backed Bob? What if Penny Purses decided to honor Bob's clients. Would you hate him and tell others to boycott him? I think it's so unnecessary. There are other ways to get what you want, and posting on a forum isn't the way to do it. [/quote]

Yes that is my postiton regardless of the site that does this, I have known Chris for a long while and I would still do the same even if it was PP, I have alot of respect for Chris however a move like that would negate that. I think Chris and others can vouch I have little to no filter regardless of who the culprits are.

I know you are gonna slam me and call names like we are in grade school, but go ahead simce that seems to be your style.[/QUOTE]

This is a crazy industry and it is bidders like yourself that contributes to the lack of integrity the industry has, I mean by allowing these crooks to ultimatly getway stealing our $$$ then letting them off the hook because of a discount scheme or smooth talking is terrible, all PA owners need to be held accountable. When I left Bidbob in Oct I knew he was in finacial trouble simply based on the auction histories as well as from his underhanded backend manipulation of auctions. Bob should have Stop way before he did before he spent future bids. STop putting these crooks up on a pedistal.

BOYCOTT RAGINGBID

Chris @ Penny Purses
  • Chris @ Penny Purses
  • **Forum Sponsor**
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts

So what you are saying is that Raging Bid did nothing good for these bidders who would have been left with nothing?
PennyPurses.com The ORIGINAL penny auction site for purses.

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Rbtw what you don't realize is that I never bought bid packs on bid bob. I like to play devil's advocate and ask some hard questions that I know others are thinking. So here we go with the name calling....I have integrity for the industry, hence the reason I play and pay for bids on the bigger sites that are already established, reputable, and honest.

Now regarding the law, what small PA site has been sited by the law that you know of and parties have been arrested and prosecuted? I'm sure you have a list of small sites that have screwed their customers, two off the top of my head are pursepenny and casharena and sellmoo is heading there too. Do you know for a fact that Bob is on his way to the big house? Or is it something you wish? If you don't know of any, I ask you, how do they get away with just screwing over everyone by closing up shop, and why can't Bob just do the same?

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

So what you are saying is that Raging Bid did nothing good for these bidders who would have been left with nothing?

Basically the bidders are still left with nothing...Ragingbid did this for thier own benefit $$$ and supported the fact that Bob refused to refund it's customers. The point is Bob should have refunded the customers. Face it most of bidbobs customers will recieve no monitary benafit from the ragingbids offer, they do not stand a chance in hell on ragingbid with out considerable more investment even then it is questionable (it is like winning on zeekler there are so many free bids out there your bids are severely de-valued). So most of the bidbob bidders might as well kiss the vale of their bids goodbye. Look Chris bob has clearly LIED, manipulated auctions, spent $$$ that were in trust with him and left his customers high and dry. This is far from a favorable transition. AT the the end of the day the Bidbob customers are still out the $$$. My over all point is PA owners need to be accountable, no more of this oops we spent your money and cannot refund. The fact that Ragingbid would do business with a crook like that sends a clear message that they endorse that behavior, and that is bad business and makes you question thier integrity.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Rbtw what you don't realize is that I never bought bid packs on bid bob. I like to play devil's advocate and ask some hard questions that I know others are thinking. So here we go with the name calling....I have integrity for the industry, hence the reason I play and pay for bids on the bigger sites that are already established, reputable, and honest.

1st off your satement is incredibly nieve and gullable, when everyone thought Swoop as raking in the millions and had not even hit critical mass, yet one day out of the blue they were gone and with millions of $$$ lost by customers. If you really think the current big sites are totally safe from callapse then I have some swamp land to sell you. Look at Quibids on the surface it look good , however they are spending tens of millions in advertising their attrition is terrible which makes it a un sustainable business model. There is NO question if any PA will fail but WHEN.

Now regarding the law, what small PA site has been sited by the law that you know of and parties have been arrested and prosecuted? I'm sure you have a list of small sites that have screwed their customers, two off the top of my head are pursepenny and casharena and sellmoo is heading there too. Do you know for a fact that Bob is on his way to the big house? Or is it something you wish? If you don't know of any, I ask you, how do they get away with just screwing over everyone by closing up shop, and why can't Bob just do the same?

Like me or not I fight for the bidders of this industry, I am involved with numerous GOV authorities that are either currently prosicuting or seeking prosicution of certain PA owners. If you had done your homework right here on PAW you will see where I have led the fight for prosicution of several PA owners. In fact in one case I was able to file a complaint with the PA owners local Police once trhey showed up on his door step I received what was owed to me.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many become so in love with these PA owners when they are nothing but a character on the internet, Fact is most PA's that fail (which is most) have ripped off their customers, two years ago the authorities would do nothing, today however they are far more aggresive.

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Basically the bidders are still left with nothing...Ragingbid did this for thier own benefit $$$ and supported the fact that Bob refused to refund it's customers. The point is Bob should have refunded the customers. Face it most of bidbobs customers will recieve no monitary benafit from the ragingbids offer, they do not stand a chance in hell on ragingbid with out considerable more investment even then it is questionable (it is like winning on zeekler there are so many free bids out there your bids are severely de-valued). So most of the bidbob bidders might as well kiss the vale of their bids goodbye. Look Chris bob has clearly LIED, manipulated auctions, spent $$$ that were in trust with him and left his customers high and dry. This is far from a favorable transition. AT the the end of the day the Bidbob customers are still out the $$$. My over all point is PA owners need to be accountable, no more of this oops we spent your money and cannot refund. The fact that Ragingbid would do business with a crook like that sends a clear message that they endorse that behavior, and that is bad business and makes you question thier integrity.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

1st off your satement is incredibly nieve and gullable, when everyone thought Swoop as raking in the millions and had not even hit critical mass, yet one day out of the blue they were gone and with millions of $$$ lost by customers. If you really think the current big sites are totally safe from callapse then I have some swamp land to sell you. Look at Quibids on the surface it look good , however they are spending tens of millions in advertising their attrition is terrible which makes it a un sustainable business model. There is NO question if any PA will fail but WHEN.

Like me or not I fight for the bidders of this industry, I am involved with numerous GOV authorities that are either currently prosicuting or seeking prosicution of certain PA owners. If you had done your homework right here on PAW you will see where I have led the fight for prosicution of several PA owners. In fact in one case I was able to file a complaint with the PA owners local Police once trhey showed up on his door step I received what was owed to me.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many become so in love with these PA owners when they are nothing but a character on the internet, Fact is most PA's that fail (which is most) have ripped off their customers, two years ago the authorities would do nothing, today however they are far more aggresive.

If the PA model is doomed to fail, then why do you keep playing at them? ANY company can claim bankruptcy, Trump did. Should I not play in his casinos? I, personally, feel safer playing at the "big guys." That doesn't mean they can't fall, it means I feel safer there. I never thought Kmart would close up shop, but they are going under b/c Walmart came in. You just don't know nowadays what businesses will stay afloat. And Kodak? Digital is in, 35mm is going out. There's always something new.

And I never said I didn't like you (I don't know you), but I'm asking open and honest questions, and don't like being called gullible (gullable) nor naive (nieve). And no, I didn't need spell check to know that was wrong. But eff the spelling errors, I'm far from either one, sweetie. So cut the name calling. I have a name.

As for the prosecution, that's good. Because I was telling Amanda that I would be doing the same thing. I did it once on eBay b/c someone scammed my mother...took me months to play detective, but I got it done. And personally, I don't want to look thru 1000s of threads, that's why I asked you to list the sites that have been prosecuted by yourself or others. I thought you'd be proud to retype them. You seem to like to talk about yourself.

But, in conclusion, when it all boils down to it...with all the complaints and scamming going on with numerous sites, I wouldn't doubt that the government comes in and either regulates PAs or deems them as gambling. Then we won't have this problem anymore, will we?

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

The Penny Auction industry is not the only industry where this sort of stuff happens. Just today, a Fitness Gym called "Premier Fitness" up here in Canada, has just revealed that they will most likely be closing their doors at all their locations this Saturday. Just like that, out of the blue. Something has gone wrong with their investment, and they now owe a total of 32 million dollars, in order to keep operations afloat. It seems as if this payment is not going to happen, so that leaves thousands and thousands of people who pay their monthly gym membership, SOL. I am not sure what is to happen to all of these people, or if they will receive a refund for the month of February or not, but I would imagine they won't. The company now has no money and owes $32 million. So no refunds will be taking place, all locations closed, and accounts possibly suspended, but that may require a long process. Now, what might happen is that the other bigger Fitness Gyms might buy out some of these locations and rebrand them as their own.

Will this company be refunding anyone for the days of February that Premier Fitness closed? Of course not. Will they probably give some kind of special promotion to the Premier Fitness members? Probably yes. The exact same situation has happened here. Premier Fitness was using all of its members money to build new locations, renovate old ones, buy new equipment, etc... when suddenly everyone receives the shocking news that they are GONE with no recourse.

The point of this story, is that when it comes to business, things don't seem to be any different. When you have no money, there's not much else you can do, but close up and find a solution. In the case of Bid-Bob, it happened to be that RagingBid would cover all remaining bids 6-1. As for Premier Fitness, they will have to try and see if Goodlife Fitness, Biomed Fitness, Gold's Gym, 5 Star Gym, etc... will help aid them in their closure with their current members.

I am not looking for any debates here or counter arguments, just giving everyone some food for thought. Enjoy.

Cheers!

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

The Penny Auction industry is not the only industry where this sort of stuff happens. Just today, a Fitness Gym called "Premier Fitness" up here in Canada, has just revealed that they will most likely be closing their doors at all their locations this Saturday. Just like that, out of the blue. Something has gone wrong with their investment, and they now owe a total of 32 million dollars, in order to keep operations afloat. It seems as if this payment is not going to happen, so that leaves thousands and thousands of people who pay their monthly gym membership, SOL. I am not sure what is to happen to all of these people, or if they will receive a refund for the month of February or not, but I would imagine they won't. The company now has no money and owes $32 million. So no refunds will be taking place, all locations closed, and accounts possibly suspended, but that may require a long process. Now, what might happen is that the other bigger Fitness Gyms might buy out some of these locations and rebrand them as their own.

Will this company be refunding anyone for the days of February that Premier Fitness closed? Of course not. Will they probably give some kind of special promotion to the Premier Fitness members? Probably yes. The exact same situation has happened here. Premier Fitness was using all of its members money to build new locations, renovate old ones, buy new equipment, etc... when suddenly everyone receives the shocking news that they are GONE with no recourse.

The point of this story, is that when it comes to business, things don't seem to be any different. When you have no money, there's not much else you can do, but close up and find a solution. In the case of Bid-Bob, it happened to be that RagingBid would cover all remaining bids 6-1. As for Premier Fitness, they will have to try and see if Goodlife Fitness, Biomed Fitness, Gold's Gym, 5 Star Gym, etc... will help aid them in their closure with their current members.

I am not looking for any debates here or counter arguments, just giving everyone some food for thought. Enjoy.

Cheers!

Sure brick and mortor companies close down all the time, however not nearly as often as internet business and especially the PA industry. Lets use your senario when that gym closes they will be forced to file BK if they don't if they have kowingly taken monies from customers knowing that they cannot provide the services sold if they do not file BK they could possibly be prossicuted, in addition if it was all due to neglagence their personal assets could be at jepordy even officers of a corp. look at Enron for example they cooked the books and look what happened, this is just a smaller scale. Also remember that comsumers have more rights than vendors as the vendors that lose out likely extended credit to the company, where as the consumenr paid for a service and usually moves to the fromt of the priority line.

Several AG's around the US are currently going after PA's that closed up and stole customer monies just like Bob did. Since the members of that gym pay monthly they are likely out nothing, maybe a few days. Regardless be it a gym, or Sears (announced today) consumers have rights.

As a community hear on PAW if we stand up as a whole and send the message that if these PA's close up and steal our monies that there is be consequenses to pay, the next PA will think twice before screwing the customers. This is the message I am evoking, as long as the bidding community allows and supports PA owners to essentually Dine and dash it will run rampant as it has.

Look, in most brick and morter business closures, consumers are often not finaciall impacted, but as history dictates in the PA industry 99.9% of PA's that close up shop end up stealing from the consumer.

At least like most brick and mortors comanies when they file a BK those principals are limited from doing it again, when Bob walks away stealing the customers monies with NO retrobution or BK what is to stop him from doing it again and again.

For example two years ago one of the biggest PA's was Rockybid owned by Ben Grossman, Rockybid closed up out of the blue one day, and since no one took action in regards to the 10's of thousands of $$$ they stole from customers Ben has since re-opend another PA site, this senario has played out many times in the PA industry, this is why we must uphold accountability to these owners.

It blows me away that so many here cannot grasp this concept that when a PA steals they need be held accountable???

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

If the PA model is doomed to fail, then why do you keep playing at them? ANY company can claim bankruptcy, Trump did. Should I not play in his casinos? I, personally, feel safer playing at the "big guys." That doesn't mean they can't fall, it means I feel safer there. I never thought Kmart would close up shop, but they are going under b/c Walmart came in. You just don't know nowadays what businesses will stay afloat. And Kodak? Digital is in, 35mm is going out. There's always something new.

Why do I do this, really you need to ask that question or are you simply trying to pick fights? if you discovered that you could win $$$$$$ with little investment what would anyone do? they would capitalize on it till the opportunity no longer presented itself. My vigilence is simply to preserve the opportunity, and when the oppotuninty dissapears for me it does for you and everyone else too. By the way this ride is not far off from being over...

You are not safe playing at any PA regardless of thier size, the bigger they are the harder they fall. Besides that is not even relevent as we are all protected by Visa, MC, and Amex. Who uses cash or checks anymore? This is all about principal and putting a stop to theses guys who think they can simply take our money and run. By the way your examples are redicules No comsumers were hurt by Kmart and or Kodak closing doors as they will do it responsibly or face serious penalty. You cannot compare Quibids to any of these corporations mentioned either they are just a pimple on the elephants ass compared to these other guys you wish to use as example...

And I never said I didn't like you (I don't know you), but I'm asking open and honest questions, and don't like being called gullible (gullable) nor naive (nieve). And no, I didn't need spell check to know that was wrong. But eff the spelling errors, I'm far from either one, sweetie. So cut the name calling. I have a name.

Hey if the shoe fits...

As for the prosecution, that's good. Because I was telling Amanda that I would be doing the same thing. I did it once on eBay b/c someone scammed my mother...took me months to play detective, but I got it done. And personally, I don't want to look thru 1000s of threads, that's why I asked you to list the sites that have been prosecuted by yourself or others. I thought you'd be proud to retype them. You seem to like to talk about yourself.

But, in conclusion, when it all boils down to it...with all the complaints and scamming going on with numerous sites, I wouldn't doubt that the government comes in and either regulates PAs or deems them as gambling. Then we won't have this problem anymore, will we?

My best guess is they will be deemed as gambling, as the GOV does not have the resources to create a new regulatory category, when it happens, that is if the industry does not implode before it will be the death of the industry like it was for the online POKER industry that the US GOV shut down just a little over a year ago.

Edited by realbidtowin, 24 February 2012 - 06:25 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bid-bob, bids, penny auction, ragingbid, shut down

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users