penny auctions real estate

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

iBidforacent.com is a brand new penny auction selling real estate, with their first property located at 6214 West Acoma Drive in Glendale, Arizona set to end tonight at 5pm Arizona time.

There is a reserve set for the auction at $2,750 and I just got off the phone with the property/site owner, Todd Talbot who told me that if the reserve is not met bidders will receive their money back minus a $0.30 PayPal processing fee.

For more information read the article that I just posted on the homepage:
http://www.pennyauct...ve-glendale-az/
Ibidforacent is not the first penny auction to offer real estate.. Remember Yayabid and iBidCondo.com?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

eta420
  • eta420
  • Members
  • 523 posts

:beatdeadhorse5: reserve won't work.....................

citcelsyD
  • citcelsyD
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

The article states, iBidforaCent.com has placed a reserve price of $2,750.00 for the auction, a required 27,500 bids at $0.60 this would be a $16,500 in collective bids reserve.
Maybe I'm not thinking clearly here but wouldn't that be 275,000 bids @ .60 for a reserve of $165,000?

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

See this is the kind of auction I would either a. Not bid in, or b. Be a jumper (so sue me). I'm not wasting money up until $2750.00! So if I really wanted this house (which I don't) I'd wait until it hit that price. But right now it's at $10+ until it hits the 20 second sudden death in about 1.5 hours, and this auction has been open since March 6th. If it gets to it's reserve it'd be a miracle, but I just don't see that happening.

Also, you'd have to tempt me with a lot more than a few pictures for such a large purchase. And, isn't Maricopa County where they film Locked Up Raw? Is this even a good neighborhood? Just sayin...

Edited by BabyFidgette, 13 March 2012 - 10:54 PM.

BC1
  • BC1
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

So 275,000 bids have to be placed before the auction can possibly be won? There's no way that people would place that many bids with no chance to win during those 275,000 bids. Hopefully this guy is legit and will not have any bots. And if the auction does not sell hopefully everyone will get their money back.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

The article states, iBidforaCent.com has placed a reserve price of $2,750.00 for the auction, a required 27,500 bids at $0.60 this would be a $16,500 in collective bids reserve.
Maybe I'm not thinking clearly here but wouldn't that be 275,000 bids @ .60 for a reserve of $165,000?

You're right. Thank you

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

uanjum
  • uanjum
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted Image

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

So 275,000 bids have to be placed before the auction can possibly be won? There's no way that people would place that many bids with no chance to win during those 275,000 bids. Hopefully this guy is legit and will not have any bots. And if the auction does not sell hopefully everyone will get their money back.

Welcome back, welcome back, WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!! :wink:

BC1
  • BC1
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Thanks Baby! You gonna win a house?

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Thanks Baby! You gonna win a house?

Lmao ummmmmmmm NO! I have a nice condo here in expensive dirty jerz!

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Well looks like bidding is over. So what did the participants not win?

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

$38.04. Not even close.
Welcome To ibidforacent.com

BC1
  • BC1
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Lmao ummmmmmmm NO! I have a nice condo here in expensive dirty jerz!

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Well looks like bidding is over. So what did the participants not win?

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

$38.04. Not even close.
Welcome To ibidforacent.com

You should have ran it up, I'm sure the last bidder was willing to place another 100,000+ bids. Then you could have had a nice vacation home with a dead lawn!

MidPennyBill
  • MidPennyBill
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,665 posts

See this is the kind of auction I would either a. Not bid in, or b. Be a jumper (so sue me). I'm not wasting money up until $2750.00! So if I really wanted this house (which I don't) I'd wait until it hit that price. But right now it's at $10+ until it hits the 20 second sudden death in about 1.5 hours, and this auction has been open since March 6th. If it gets to it's reserve it'd be a miracle, but I just don't see that happening.

Also, you'd have to tempt me with a lot more than a few pictures for such a large purchase. And, isn't Maricopa County where they film Locked Up Raw? Is this even a good neighborhood? Just sayin...

Baby,

One thing I can say is Glendale is a very nice neighborhood, and 165,000.00 is darned cheap for a house there, but like you, I would not waste my time...lol I would call them and offer them the reserve price...lol

The homes in that area are sturdy, built of brick and steel, have storm windows.
Most have patio's, and some have nice pools.

But remember, you will have closing costs, escrow costs, taxes, and you name it, on top of the sales price, unless they claim they are part of the price. This is something that might work better on a local level....

This house is at 62nd Avenue, which is a pretty nice area, not gated but very nice.

Edited by MidPennyBill, 14 March 2012 - 06:46 AM.

BidStrong
  • BidStrong
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Looks like it ended far from the reserve.

kimbers
  • kimbers
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Lots of spring training games out there. I go every year. I will move there in a couple years to settle down on the golf course and watch baseball.
I prefer Sun City Grand just outside Glendale. A place built around 5 golf courses and you need your own cart to play as much as you want.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: penny auctions, real estate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users