Background Image

PAW Is BACK after DDOS Attacks: RULE UPDATE ALL READ!

Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Apr 14 2012 07:15 PM
ddos attack forum rules penny auction watch penny auctions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I am incredibly thankful and pleased to announce that Penny Auction Watch is now back after a series of MASSIVE DDOS attacks last weekend.

The attack was so big that it was affecting other servers other than our own though it was targeting pennyauctionwatch.com directly, for this reason our web hosting provider told us we had to pay them a large amount of money to continue to stay on their hosting service, this is why we were down for almost a week. Thankfully everything is back now though and we're excited to continue to grow and make PAW an even better resource for the penny auction community.

FORUM RULE UPDATE

In light of this we are updating the forum rules to include a rule regarding accusations of any online service provider/bidder/and penny auction site. If you DO NOT have proof as to impropriety and fraud committed by any penny auction site, script provider or any bidder and cannot back it up with evidence/videos, whatever DO NOT post it here.

Posting examples of what will and will not be acceptable:

What will not be acceptable and what a moderator can delete would be a post something along the lines of:

"Penny auction site X is a scam site because I think their testimonials are fake.
...Boycott them, and do not go there."

"Penny auction script company X is a scam"

"Penny auction bidder X colludes, jumps, tags auctions"

UNLESS you have proof as to WHY a penny auction site, penny auction software provider or bidder are a scam, be sure you have the proof to back it up and add it to your posting.

Example of what is acceptable:

Penny auction site BidNuke.com Allegedly Promotes Site with FAKE Testimonials... and here's why:

Back it up like I did here:
http://www.pennyauct...e-testimonials/
Posted Image
Posted Image

Proof?

Posted Image

Get what I'm saying?

So just wanted to let you know if your post ends up getting removed we will be moderating the forum more aggressively and any accusations will need to be backed up with proof. This will only help the penny auction community.

A HUGE Thank you goes out to all of our supporting members and readers who without you we wouldn't be here (ok, we still would be, but you get what I mean ;)).

Thank you!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

penbidz
  • penbidz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Welcome back. I think your new rules are great but I must say I will miss reading post from realbid2win.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Welcome back. I think your new rules are great but I must say I will miss reading post from realbid2win.

Thanks! :)

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Fearless bidder
  • Fearless bidder
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

It's nice to see this forum back up. I missed catching up on the news from penny auction land.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Hey,
I wanted to let you know your forum is still not working, I wanted to post a new thread and I get the message. "The forum is not accepting any new posts" You might want to fix it. Thanks

MidPennyBill
  • MidPennyBill
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,665 posts

Amanda,

This rule will certainly make it harder to warn people of the fraudulent sites out there, but I do think under the circumstances that it may be the best thing you could do at the moment, since we cant figure out who is doing the attacks...

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

It's nice to see this forum back up. I missed catching up on the news from penny auction land.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Hey,
I wanted to let you know your forum is still not working, I wanted to post a new thread and I get the message. "The forum is not accepting any new posts" You might want to fix it. Thanks

Thank you so much! I will check into this right now and see which forum section is doing this. Thanks for telling me!

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ddos attack, forum rules, penny auction watch, penny auctions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users