Started by FrogGal , Apr 17 2012 11:02 PM

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

FrogGal
  • FrogGal
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I'm so frustrated about this. There was a video game on DD that I knew my friend's kids wanted so I tried to win and I won it. After I won I emailed them and asked if I could have the game sent directly to my friend so I wouldn't have to go and resend it and they said they could send it to her house directly no problem. So I paid for the auction on 3/22 and it said the game would get to her place by April 11. It never got there so I emailed them and they were looking into it and they sent me an email today asking who XX (my friends name) was. It's been 3 weeks my friend should have received my win by now and if it they weren't going to send it because it wasn't being sent to my house they shouldn't have told me that it would be okay to do it!! I'm just so frustrated by this.
  • fetlylozy and Donaldnug like this

MidPennyBill
  • MidPennyBill
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,665 posts

Most penny auctions and online businesses for that matter have an obligation to they're merchant account providers to ship directly to the address on the credit card that was used to pay for the merchandise. Most sites have no exception to this policy as its a very high fraud risk to otherwise.You mentioned that you emailed them and they asked you what your friends name was? It sounds like someone signed for the package and they were attempting to figure out if it was indeed delivered to the person it was supposed to. However I am just assuming in this instance.What I recommend is that you do the following:Login to your Deal Dash account and take a screen shot of your member shipping area. You can do this by doing the following:1. Login to deal dash with your member account.2. Click on My Dashboard. Then click on won auctions.3. Take a screen shot.If you want to take a screenshot of just one window, make sure that that window is the "active" window on your screen. This means that it should be in front of all your other windows. Then, hold down the "Alt" key and press "Print Screen". Otherwise just hitting the PRTSCN button will take a snap shot of the whole area.Getting the Screenshot off the Clipboard 1 Open Microsoft Paint. To open Paint, open the Start menu, click on "All Programs", click on "Accessories", and finally click on "Paint". 2 Paste the screenshot. Click the "Select" tool along the top bar and choose "Rectangular Select" in Paint. Right-click on the canvas and select "Paste". Your screenshot will be pasted onto the canvas. You can also paste the screenshot directly into a word document or an email by right-clicking the page you're composing and selecting "Paste." You can also hold down "Ctrl" and press "V" to paste. On Windows XP and earlier, you can open the "Edit" menu and select "Paste" to paste.3 Save the screenshot. Click on File, then select "Save As..." (Windows XP and earlier), or click on the menu button (the blue button beside the "Home" button) and select "Save As" (Windows Vista and later). Type in a file name and change the "Save as type:" field if desired. Read the "Tips" section for information on file types. You can now send the screenshot by email or put it on a website. You can upload this screen shot to a site such as http://imageshack.us/ then post the link here for review.Once this is posted we can contact Deal Dash on your behalf and see if we can help resolve your issue!

********************** ABOVE ADDED - EDITED BY ANDRE PAW MODERATOR *********************************************

My goodness, can you prove this? Andre says we can no longer speak against a site unless we can prove it..... BS

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 23 April 2012 - 04:34 AM.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hello FrogGal! I am really sorry this happened, maybe, hate to think this but maybe your request fell through the cracks per say after they replied to you, since they have asked you for this info I am hoping this means they are well on their way to shipping the item to your friend if they have not yet started to ship it to your address! Good luck and please update us!

My goodness, can you prove this? Andre says we can no longer speak against a site unless we can prove it..... BS

Hi Bill, can you re-read the rule update? Users are free to post about their experiences with a penny auction site, just we want to steer clear of blind accusations and blatantly calling any business a flat out scam without proof.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Hi Frog! I know a lot about DealDash so I feel my credentials qualify me to answer this question. Since being a member as of last year I've noticed a severe decline in their shipping times. I won an iPad 2 last year and received an Apple gift card within 2 or 3 days. Well, I won an iPad 3 this year on March 27, my proof: http://www.dealdash....ction_id=584446. As of today I have yet to receive anything, although it does show shipped. That's far off from the 72 hours they claim to ship within on their homepage, huh? Also, yesterday I received one Amazon box from DD with six wins ranging from as far back as March 25. So for some reason they are bulking shipments, where as they never did that! Why they don't invest in Amazon prime membership for free shipping is beyond me. So, my advice is to email them thru their web email. Matt usually gets back to you within one business day. Make sure you get the auction number ready for him and he should help you out. I know they are not trying to pull a fast one on you. And if it has been shipped, Amazon will have a tracking number. Good luck!

MidPennyBill
  • MidPennyBill
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,665 posts

So many sites have gotten so slow, or have stopped shipping...
Makes you wonder how stable the industry is now!

FrogGal
  • FrogGal
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Bill, I understand about the vendor thing that's why I emailed them prior and asked if it was okay.
Heres what I sent them "I won a video gameand I was wondering if the address it has to be shipped to has to match the paypal address for paying. I won the item to give to my friend's kids so I would like to just ship it directly to them instead of it having delivered to my house then having to be shipped out again to where they live. Is that alllowed? Thanks!"
ANd matthew sent me this response "Thank you for the message and yes, you can do this. Just specify the ship to address at checkout.

Thanks,
Matthew"

So I had no reason to think it'd be an issue now they're acting like its an issue.
But here's the auction I won- http://www.dealdash....ction_id=565121

Babyfidgette, They are even being slow to respond to my emails it takes them like 3 days at least now. It's ridiculous.

olmanriver
  • olmanriver
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I can chime in on the DD slow shipping. It seems to be longer and longer. One reason might be the almost every week promos they are running, which must be creating a nightmare of paperwork, etc.
Conversely, Quibids gets my giftcards here within a week.
Hope the promo every week and slower shipping isn't a sign DD is losing ground.
I joined IBid2Save based on comment I had read by successful bidder. Forgot to notice the "sell by date" of the post. Ooops. What everyone has said is true.
Looking at BidCandy, but just looking for now.
No, this is not my bidder name. I had no idea when I signed up for a PAW account, I'd be this involved with auctions.
Thanks for the service, hope the bad guys stay away . . .

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Bill, I understand about the vendor thing that's why I emailed them prior and asked if it was okay. Heres what I sent them "I won a video gameand I was wondering if the address it has to be shipped to has to match the paypal address for paying. I won the item to give to my friend's kids so I would like to just ship it directly to them instead of it having delivered to my house then having to be shipped out again to where they live. Is that alllowed? Thanks!"ANd matthew sent me this response "Thank you for the message and yes, you can do this. Just specify the ship to address at checkout. Thanks,Matthew"So I had no reason to think it'd be an issue now they're acting like its an issue. But here's the auction I won- http://www.dealdash....ction_id=565121Babyfidgette, They are even being slow to respond to my emails it takes them like 3 days at least now. It's ridiculous.

Write Matt back with the URL link to your auction win http://www.dealdash....ction_id=565121. Tell him you would like an update and a tracking number. They may have shipped it to you by accident. If so, don't worry. You can send it to your friend via USPS first class mail with tracking for around $2.00 or so (if you print your label online). I hate to say "be patient," but, be patient, it should arrive soon. Please give us an update! :) And I will let you know when I receive my iPad 3 or Apple card!

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

I can chime in on the DD slow shipping. It seems to be longer and longer. One reason might be the almost every week promos they are running, which must be creating a nightmare of paperwork, etc.Conversely, Quibids gets my giftcards here within a week.Hope the promo every week and slower shipping isn't a sign DD is losing ground.I joined IBid2Save based on comment I had read by successful bidder. Forgot to notice the "sell by date" of the post. Ooops. What everyone has said is true.Looking at BidCandy, but just looking for now.No, this is not my bidder name. I had no idea when I signed up for a PAW account, I'd be this involved with auctions.Thanks for the service, hope the bad guys stay away . . .

The Q used to be slower than DD. The Q was never turtle slow, but not as fast as DD. Now the Q is much faster than DD!! I've won three TVs on the Q (one 60, one 46, and one 32). I've received all three within a week (months apart, not together). You know what came the fastest? The 60 inch! LOL Now the 60 is above my fireplace, the 32 that I gave my Aunt for Christmas with be my Dad's new computer monitor, and the new 46 I won I gave to my Aunt instead of the 32. She is in her GLORY!

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Hi again Frog! I wrote DD about my iPad yesterday. They again apologized for my slow shipment due to DD's slow delays and said I now wouldn't get my iPad until the first week of May! The DD of the past is no more! Yet I keep playing there.

MidPennyBill
  • MidPennyBill
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,665 posts

Most penny auctions and online businesses for that matter have an obligation to they're merchant account providers to ship directly to the address on the credit card that was used to pay for the merchandise. Most sites have no exception to this policy as its a very high fraud risk to otherwise.You mentioned that you emailed them and they asked you what your friends name was? It sounds like someone signed for the package and they were attempting to figure out if it was indeed delivered to the person it was supposed to. However I am just assuming in this instance.What I recommend is that you do the following:Login to your Deal Dash account and take a screen shot of your member shipping area. You can do this by doing the following:1. Login to deal dash with your member account.2. Click on My Dashboard. Then click on won auctions.3. Take a screen shot.If you want to take a screenshot of just one window, make sure that that window is the "active" window on your screen. This means that it should be in front of all your other windows. Then, hold down the "Alt" key and press "Print Screen". Otherwise just hitting the PRTSCN button will take a snap shot of the whole area.Getting the Screenshot off the Clipboard 1 Open Microsoft Paint. To open Paint, open the Start menu, click on "All Programs", click on "Accessories", and finally click on "Paint". 2 Paste the screenshot. Click the "Select" tool along the top bar and choose "Rectangular Select" in Paint. Right-click on the canvas and select "Paste". Your screenshot will be pasted onto the canvas. You can also paste the screenshot directly into a word document or an email by right-clicking the page you're composing and selecting "Paste." You can also hold down "Ctrl" and press "V" to paste. On Windows XP and earlier, you can open the "Edit" menu and select "Paste" to paste.3 Save the screenshot. Click on File, then select "Save As..." (Windows XP and earlier), or click on the menu button (the blue button beside the "Home" button) and select "Save As" (Windows Vista and later). Type in a file name and change the "Save as type:" field if desired. Read the "Tips" section for information on file types. You can now send the screenshot by email or put it on a website. You can upload this screen shot to a site such as http://imageshack.us/ then post the link here for review.Once this is posted we can contact Deal Dash on your behalf and see if we can help resolve your issue! ********************** EDITED BY ANDRE *********************************************My goodness, can you prove this? Andre says we can no longer speak against a site unless we can prove it..... BS

Andre, Until you learn something about the penny auction industry, leave my posts alone... I have done more good for the industry then you could ever dream of... If you cant leave my posts alone, at least use your own space to write what you want... I did not post this BS, you did. You have no reason to treat me like **** on this forum, and you will do much more harm by doing so, then good... You are supposed to be a moderator, not a trasher... I have always been able to back what I say, but I dont owe you a damn thing. I don't know why Amanda keeps struggling with you on the throne! That was the biggest mistake she ever made yet concerning this site... You act like a junkie looking for your next fix, and you will go through anyone to get it... Well buddie, it takes more than what you have to offer to go through me!!!

MidPennyBill
  • MidPennyBill
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,665 posts

Hi again Frog! I wrote DD about my iPad yesterday. They again apologized for my slow shipment due to DD's slow delays and said I now wouldn't get my iPad until the first week of May! The DD of the past is no more! Yet I keep playing there.

Baby, this has nothing to do with what you are talking about here, but you can now finish what you were saying to the new moderator... Notice he is moderating my posts, and changing them in his own words...? Pretty chicken sh!t if you ask me, and Amanda is going to put up with it....?

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Baby, this has nothing to do with what you are talking about here, but you can now finish what you were saying to the new moderator... Notice he is moderating my posts, and changing them in his own words...? Pretty chicken sh!t if you ask me, and Amanda is going to put up with it....?

Yeah I noticed that last night. I just commented on that in the other thread!

MidPennyBill
  • MidPennyBill
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,665 posts

Funny thing, I now have to use hidemyass.com to even access the site... Whats UP!

FrogGal
  • FrogGal
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I got a response back they said my new expected shipment was April 26,2012 but Matt did give me a tracking number so we'll see. According to USPS they still just have the electronic shipment code.

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

I got a response back they said my new expected shipment was April 26,2012 but Matt did give me a tracking number so we'll see. According to USPS they still just have the electronic shipment code.

Well that is good! Keep us updated.

BabyFidgette
  • BabyFidgette
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Funny thing, I now have to use hidemyass.com to even access the site... Whats UP!

Ut oh. Is your IP banned?

MidPennyBill
  • MidPennyBill
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,665 posts

Not that I know of

MidPennyBill
  • MidPennyBill
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,665 posts

You want proof of a scam site... Here you go... PENNYWAGON.COM: They still owe me over 600.00 in wins, since November 17, and wont even talk to me about it... What are you gonna do hotshot, tell them they should ship...

I tell people to stay the hell away from that site, and if you dont like it Andre, too bad... You cant stop our opinions.

[TABLE="class: cms_table_results"]
[TR]
[TH]Image[/TH]
[TH]Title[/TH]
[TH]Price[/TH]
[TH]Date Won[/TH]
[TH]Status[/TH]
[TH]Options[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: cms_table_altrow"]
[TD]Posted Image[/TD]
[TD]50 bids[/TD]
[TD] $0.03[/TD]
[TD] Dec 21st 2011, 03:00:44 PM[/TD]
[TD] Shipped & Completed[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Posted Image[/TD]
[TD]Sony 14.1 MP Cyber-shot Digital Camera[/TD]
[TD] $0.43[/TD]
[TD] Dec 17th 2011, 06:01:53 PM[/TD]
[TD] Paid, Awaiting Shipment
SellBack Used: $79.56[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Posted Image[/TD]
[TD]100 Bids[/TD]
[TD] $1.93[/TD]
[TD] Dec 16th 2011, 03:08:35 PM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Posted Image[/TD]
[TD]$25 iTunes Gift Card[/TD]
[TD] $2.73[/TD]
[TD] Dec 1st 2011, 04:37:59 PM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Posted Image[/TD]
[TD]Char-Broil BigEasy Oil-less Turkey Fryer[/TD]
[TD] $6.51[/TD]
[TD] Nov 28th 2011, 11:30:37 AM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Posted Image[/TD]
[TD]Sony 14.1 MP Cyber-shot Digital Camera[/TD]
[TD] $4.57[/TD]
[TD] Nov 28th 2011, 10:21:33 AM[/TD]
[TD] Shipped & Completed
SellBack Used: $75.42[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Posted Image[/TD]
[TD] $0.01[/TD]
[TD] Nov 20th 2011, 12:05:55 PM[/TD]
[TD] Paid, Awaiting Shipment [/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Posted Image[/TD]
[TD]$100 Foot Locker Gift Card[/TD]
[TD] $0.01[/TD]
[TD] Nov 20th 2011, 10:14:09 AM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Posted Image[/TD]
[TD]Nintendo Wii System Red Bundle[/TD]
[TD] $0.01[/TD]
[TD] Nov 19th 2011, 02:16:24 PM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Posted Image[/TD]
[TD]$100 Target Gift Card[/TD]
[TD] $6.01[/TD]
[TD] Nov 19th 2011, 09:59:03 AM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]http://pennyauctionw...446c7aa90b2.jpg[/TD]
[TD] $0.01[/TD]
[TD] Nov 19th 2011, 09:57:46 AM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]http://pennyauctionw...3fe5f04ae34.jpg[/TD]
[TD] $4.00[/TD]
[TD] Nov 17th 2011, 11:18:47 AM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]http://pennyauctionw...092e7c54ae8.jpg[/TD]
[TD]$25 Shell Gift Card[/TD]
[TD] $1.46[/TD]
[TD] Nov 17th 2011, 10:21:22 AM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]http://pennyauctionw...45bb572bedc.jpg[/TD]
[TD]$100 Foot Locker Gift Card[/TD]
[TD] $0.01[/TD]
[TD] Nov 17th 2011, 08:47:03 AM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] $0.04[/TD]
[TD] Nov 15th 2011, 04:15:05 PM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] $0.01[/TD]
[TD] Nov 15th 2011, 03:37:45 PM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]http://pennyauctionw...08bd44eb1b5.jpg[/TD]
[TD]$25 Subway Gift Card + 20 Bids[/TD]
[TD] $0.54[/TD]
[TD] Nov 15th 2011, 02:50:22 PM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]http://pennyauctionw...446c7aa90b2.jpg[/TD]
[TD] $8.64[/TD]
[TD] Nov 15th 2011, 02:31:34 PM[/TD]
[TD]View[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

FrogGal
  • FrogGal
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

My win was delivered yesterday. Any word on yours Fidgette??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users