Background Image

Bidrivals.com Not Delivering Won Items - Going Bust?

Started by Dexter , Apr 25 2012 05:28 PM

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

Dexter
  • Dexter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I signed up with Bidrivals.com back in February and since then I have won a couple of auctions and I have used the BIN option in a whole lot of items.

I am currently owed about €4500 ($6000) worth of products that I have either won or bought using the BIN option. In total I have bought/won 70 items and I am still waiting for 57 of these items to be delivered. The only things that have been delivered are perfumes, nothing else.

In their terms it says that items should be delivered within 28 days, and in some rare cases it might take longer if the product is in high demand.

When I have emailed the support at Bidrivals they have told me that there has been a lot of orders lately and they are experiencing a backlog that they are now trying to catch up with. If I was only waiting for a couple of items that were in high demand then I would buy that excuse but among the things I am waiting for is €270 worth of Amazon Gift Cards and I have been waiting for these gift cards since the 11th of March.

Other items I am waiting for to name a few:

• The New iPad (64 GB with 4G and Wifi)
  • 10 Grams of Gold
  • LG 23" 3D Monitor
  • Canon Powershot Camera
  • Apple TV
  • Nikon D90 Camera
  • FujiFilm Z90 Camera
  • Samsung 3D Home Cinema System
  • Apple iPod Touch (8 GB)
  • Canon IXUS 125 Slim Camera

And those are just 10 out of the 57 items I am waiting for. Some of the items were bought or won back in February so the 28 day time frame for delivery is definitely overdue.

Every time I have contacted the support at Bidrivals they have told me that this is due to a backlog and that they are working on getting the items shipped. They have been telling me this over the last 20 days and still nothing is happening.

On Monday I emailed the support again giving them an ultimatum. Ship all the items I am due or I will start initiating chargebacks on all the items I haven't received. They decided to ignore that part when they replied and just said the usual, that the items would be shipped as soon as possible but they had no way of telling me when that might be.

I have been in contact with my bank and discussed this matter with them and they told me they would assist me with the chargebacks on Friday should they not have sent the items by then. Since Bidrivals are charging a fee for "shipping and handling" it means I have made over 80 different credit card transactions to their site to pay for the shipment of each item. If I were them I would really make sure to get my items shipped in order to avoid 80+ individual chargebacks which will cost them a lot more that the value of my items and probably result in them not being able to process credit card deposits anymore.

Sorry about making this post so long. I just thought I would let you all know what Bidrivals are really like so that you don't get scammed like me.

Is there anyone else on here that could share their experiences with Bidrivals.com or have you all been fortunate enough to stay clear of them?

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Welcome Dexter. Wow, so sorry to hear this, you have however come to the right place as your review is very valuable. We hope they do ship your items out soon. If anyone else has bid on BidRivals let us know what your experience has been like.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Dexter
  • Dexter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Thanks!

The reason I chose to post here is because of your authority, both in Google and in the industry. I know this post is going to rank for all kinds of Bidrivals terms in Google and hopefully this will prevent others from this scam.

I just took a look at their Facebook page and it seems there are many others who are not getting their items shipped to them. Some have been waiting since January.

I guess making chargebacks for all my payments to them will be my only way of getting something back from them. If they are struggling to run a profitable business right now it's not going to help paying the chargeback fees on my 80+ transactions.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

:) Thank you definitely keep us updated here!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Dexter
  • Dexter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Ok, there is definitely something weird going on at Bidrivals now. It seems they have deleted their Facebook page because when I try to visit it I'm being redirected to the homepage of Facebook and the Bidrivals.com website is "Temporarily Offline".

I guess it's bye bye Bidrivals.

Dexter
  • Dexter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

It seems they just shut down their affiliate program too....

Hi there,

I want to announce to you that the BidRivals Affilaite Program is currently being put on hold with immediate effect

I would like to advise you to pause your traffic. In the meantime please continue sending your pending invoices to affiliates@bidrivals.com

Best regards,
The BidRivals Team

Dexter
  • Dexter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Don't know if it's ok to post links or not but here's some more info http://www.gamblingn...losed-down/3437

A mod can delete the link if I overstepped some boundaries.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

No problem Dexter. I heard today that they have gone into liquidation. Will post an update when I receive more information. Thank you!

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Dexter
  • Dexter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

What do you think will happen now? Is there any chance of them making good on items that we've won or is that out of the question?

Is there any point in filing Paypal disputes and chargebacks against a company that is bankrupt or will that just be a waste of time?

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

What do you think will happen now? Is there any chance of them making good on items that we've won or is that out of the question?

Is there any point in filing Paypal disputes and chargebacks against a company that is bankrupt or will that just be a waste of time?

At this point I really don't know what will happen, but if they don't make good on the items that they need to ship to consumers or at least refund, well... waste of time? That's up to you. Still waiting to hear from them at least and find more confirmation of liquidation though I believe the source was credible, we'll see.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

jensen32
  • jensen32
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I recived the Home Collection, value 1500 EUR, the 22. Feb.

- but i´m waiting for one Ipad, how does the chargeback with paypal work? i mean i bought an Ipad, payed with 90 Collection Giftcards, that was won with bids.

So my transactions will show bidpacks i bought, Collection Giftcards i payed auction-end-price + shipping
My fear is that the money i payed for the bidpacks can not be refunded, coz i did recieve the bids, and if i only can get refund for the money i payed for the Collection Giftcards that is only 10% of the ipads value.

Dexter
  • Dexter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

This story just keeps getting more strange by the minute.... My credit card provider just happens to be the same company that is processing the payments for Bidrivals.

When contacting them about making a chargeback I got the following reply:

The website is experiencing technical issue at the moment as they are updating it.
I don't think there is any reason to worry.
My contact is aware of your issue and I am sure they will come back to you as soon as possible and get this sorted.

I really hope they are right and it's just a temporary glitch in the system but there are too many things wrong here for that to be true.

If it was just a problem with the website, then why:

- Did they delete their Facebook page?
- Haven't they delivered anything but perfumes and handbags since January?
- Haven't they sent out a mass email to inform their customers
- Aren't they processing orders? (Surely a problem with the website wouldn't interfere with the postal service)

What's your take on this?

sirjimmy
  • sirjimmy
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm in the same boat. I am due a refund from them for 915 pounds. I bought a Macbook Pro back in February, paid via paypal. They did not deliver all this time and "Peter Spence" promised a refund within 2 weeks. That period is over and now all this happens.

I called the phone number on their domain whois, it's a number for their ISP, hence useless. Please share any contact info you have about these people. They seriously think they can run away with my money?

sirjimmy
  • sirjimmy
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm in the same boat. I am due a refund from them for 915 pounds. I bought a Macbook Pro back in February, paid via paypal. They did not deliver all this time and "Peter Spence" promised a refund within 2 weeks. That period is over and now all this happens.

I called the phone number on their domain whois, it's a number for their ISP, hence useless. Please share any contact info you have about these people. They seriously think they can run away with my money?

Dexter
  • Dexter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

My credit card provider told me they had talked to someone at Bidrivals and they had ensured them that this is only a technical issue. My CC provider forwarded them my contact details and told them to get in touch with me. I was told that if they didn't get back to me come Monday they would help me file the chargebacks and reclaim my money.

I very much doubt they will get in touch with me and I find it very hard to believe that this is all due to a technical issue. It's more likely that they have gone broke and they are lying to everyone including the payment processor in order to buy some time.

sirjimmy
  • sirjimmy
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I had paid them money via instant bank transfer on Paypal. I will also contact them on Monday morning to try to enforce a reclaim. Dexter do let me know if you get any progress, and if Bidrivals ever contact you (which I doubt) do let them know of my case too!!!!

Dexter
  • Dexter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I can tell you now that it's 100% confirmed Bidrivals have gone bankrupt. I've heard this from a very reliable source.

The only thing that remains to be seen now is if they are planning to make good on what they owe their clients or if they are going to make a run for it.

jensen32
  • jensen32
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Why dont you share your source with us? We all are holding our breath, waiting for bidrivals to speak out how things are.

ENGINE2011
  • ENGINE2011
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Dear fellow Bidrivals Customers (who I suspect are just about to be scammed out of all their auction win purchases, myself included!)

Please be advised that I have just discovered through some online research that a fraud case was filed in U.S. Court of Appeal, Seventh Circuit on 27th April 2012 and that one of the several defendants involved is BIDRIVALS LTD!

Case number 12-2033

DEFENDANTS: VESUVIUS TECHNOLOGIES, LLC, a Wisconsin Corporation, doing business as ScoreIt!, CREATIVE HEADQUARTERS, LLC, a California Limited Liability Corporation, doing business as Bidsticks.com, UPBIDS.COM, LLC, BIDRIVALS LTD, a Malta Ltd. and BIDRIVALS, INCORPORATED, a Delaware Corporation.

PLAINTIFFS: JILL MANNING, THERESA BRYANT, SUSAN SNYDER and DIANE ELLIOTT

Interestingly please note the date that the case was filed 27th April 2012 - BIDRIVALS US & UK websites ceased hosting auctions on 26th April 2012, the day before this case was filed. Coincidence? I doubt it!

I would appreciate it if the PAW members who have made claims that Bidrivals have gone bankrupt could disclose their reliable sources of information because I can't find any information regarding the liquidation of this company anywhere online at this point in time!

I do believe however that Bidrivals are a sinking ship, unfortunately.. and will be joining SWOOPO in penny auction heaven very shortly!

Good luck getting your money back folks.. I'm filing charge-back claims immediately!

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TH="align: left"][/TH]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

ENGINE2011
  • ENGINE2011
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Forgot to say - Go to this URL for further information about this lawsuit