Background Image

Bidrivals.com Not Delivering Won Items - Going Bust?

Started by Dexter , Apr 25 2012 05:28 PM

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

kidkiss
  • kidkiss
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Any body tried to contact buysafe.com???
I have been in contact with them and there are 2 responses from them:

The first email:
"I’m following up regarding the disputes you recently opened in reference to your orders with BidRivals.com. We have started the process of working on this for you. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience to discuss the next steps. I can be reached toll free at 888-926-6333 ext 149 or 703-778-4455 if you are outside of the United States."

And the second:
"
We are currently working with the merchant to determine how orders that were placed before the website was taken down will be handled. We are an advocate for you, the customer, and we are trying to get outstanding issues resolved as soon as possible. We ask that you allow us some time to see how the merchant is planning to make their customers whole. I will follow up with you by Monday.

If you paid with a credit card, have you contacted your credit card company about the unfilled orders? If not, that's another avenue that you may want to consider as we are working through this together"

I will get back with more information from buysafe. Anyway, you guys should go to buysafe.com and paypal to dispute asap.
I feel sorry for the Mr Smellies, as bidrivlas is multi-coutries company, depends on the law you can get back some money or not, if they declare bankrupt, nothing you can do much but wait for their assets, but i wonder do they have any assets in these coutries or not?! Anyway, contact your lawyer is the best way.

Cheers,

ENGINE2011
  • ENGINE2011
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Hello friends.

ENGINE2011 what names you used before?

I say bidrivals changue your name of user?

I hope all people of bidrivals write here.

Bye and thanks.....

Dear OLDUSER

When I joined BIDRIVALS they changed my user name within a few days, without my permission, to a stupid name that I hated and had no involvement in selecting - my first user name was something like IAMNOTSTOPPING.... which it would appear that BIDRIVALS didn't like in case, I suspect, they thought that it might frighten other customers away from bidding against me which of course was the whole idea! LOL :) Although I must point out that there was no evidence so support any such concerns that this had ever happened on any actions I had participated in with this username at the time. It should be noted that BIDRIVALS were not at all consistent with their name change enforcement decisions, After my unexpected name change decision was acted upon I often afterwards placed bids against another BIDRIVALS customer who's user ID is wontBstoppin who was allowed to keep his choice of user ID thus BIDRIVALS decision discriminated against me personally because as anyone with a brain between their ears will realise... there is no difference whatsoever between the message conveyed by the user name IAMNOTSTOPPING and wontBstopping!!! I could list numerous other similar user ID's that Bidrivals have permitted other customers to retain which also equate to the same 'I dont give up' bidding message, however if I do so it will only serve to irritate me further at this pint in time when I am already still furious with the current Bidrivals undelivered items SCAM!

ENGINE2011

logan6
  • logan6
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi, my friends & my rivals... sorry for my english but I'm really stupid.

I value my loss in nearly EUR 10,000
I'm waiting for my auctions, I won e/o buy now early March:
among them:
10 grams gold
Sigma 70-300mm Macro Lens for Canon Eos60 (I won in the collection)
some bagatelle
and some Amazon vouchers

The bulk of my losses are the collections
the more bitter to swallow are the 210/240 auctions for 50 grammi Glod bar (almost completed; it would be my second gold collection).
plus some other auctions of other collections (which in the future I... ah! the future)

But the real drama is my bids account.
It's nearly 10,000 bids (me stupid) that I bought, few or many, each bonus offer... (how much misplaced confidence!)
So, at the end of the day, I will lose about EUR 10,000.
I write it, if it can confot someone ...

Now I'm drinking a cool glass of Prossecco (Valdobbiadene hills) with scaglie di Grana e salumi veneti.
Then, I will take an amaro liqueur (from some ancient monastery) so I can remember that life can also be amara.
Ma questa è la vita, bellezza.
Logan's run.

madonnat
  • madonnat
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi I am also a member of Bidrivals or was!! It is nice to see other username members that I know. I only started in Jan. 2012 with Bidrivals. I have lost hundreds and hundreds of dollars on the site. I am only waiting on one item but what hurts the most is I have collected 108 of the gift cards for an Aquos 70" Smart LED HD TV spending hundreds of dollars. I have made disputes with paypal but never heard anything back yet. I also called my credit card holder who didn't help me at all. The lady didn't understand what I was talking about and she put me on hold for over 10mins, so I hung up. I do hope paypal can help me and others get there money back. I do no that other members have spent alot more than I have like ELOY and ENGINE2011, and I thought you worked for Bidrivals LOL :) And I no there are many many more members out there in the same position. I would like to see other member of Bidrivals write here and let us no any information that they would like to share. Thanks madonnat

Alan
  • Alan
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Do you guys think the registered address is valid? I did a quick search on Google Maps, it doesn't seem to be a valid address. Nothing comes up.

I think there should be a way to unite everyone who has been affected by Bidrivals.com together so we can do something. The second company, Bidrivals Group PLC does not seem to be in dissolution.

Also, on facebook it seems facebook.com/bidrivals has been shut down but there seems to be another page, facebook.com/bidrival. Not sure if other victims of the site will go there and share their stories. What we all need to do is to get together, united we will be strong. There might be some hope of going after the parent company.

ENGINE2011
  • ENGINE2011
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

My payments were made with Paypal, instant bank transfer (direct debit). I called my bank today and told them that I've been scammed with the payments that were made since no product was delivered after such a long time. Really not sure how but thanks to HSBC and direct debit guarantees, I have been credited immediately for those payments but I think it has been out of my bank's own pocket, I hope now my bank will recover the money from the people at bidrivals through paypal.

I have sent a dozen emails to various email addresses at bidrivals.com but there is no reply whatsoever, not even acknowledgement of receipts. I really advise talking to your banks as soon as possible.

MESSAGE FOR SIRJIMMY

Sirjimmy it would be really helpful if I could talk to you for a few minutes... would you mind email me a contact phone number or maybe a SKYPE ID or any means of communication with you to ENGINE2011@live.com as a matter of urgency please?

Cheers

ENGINE2011

jensen32
  • jensen32
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello all former rivals

I have today been in telephone contact with the company Bazula AB in Sweden, which is BidRivals European supplier of particular Ipad. They had unfortunately not any pending orders for BidRivals customers.
The person I spoke to seemed quite surprised to facing BidRivals should be in financial trouble.

Cheers

Name_Change32

OLDUSER
  • OLDUSER
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hello to all people again..

For example i have the problem that i payment all articles by credit card and not by paypal then, i have articles do 1-2 months and my bank cant cancell after these time then i think that how all people think bidrivals have refound all money to all people...

Is a lot of money of all people millions of euros, dollars....

THANKS TO ALL

kidkiss
  • kidkiss
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hello to all people again..

For example i have the problem that i payment all articles by credit card and not by paypal then, i have articles do 1-2 months and my bank cant cancell after these time then i think that how all people think bidrivals have refound all money to all people...

Is a lot of money of all people millions of euros, dollars....

THANKS TO ALL

Paypal only protect and refund for eBay buyers, if they are not eBay sellers ( bidrivals of course not eBay seller) then even you win the disputes, Paypal will withdraw money from their Paypal account automatically and refund to you, but id they Bidrivals already withdrew money before 1-2 weeks, before we all know about it, then no way Paypal has money to refund to you. DEAD CASE!

I am dealing with buysafe.com and hope to get some good news.

GoldDigger
  • GoldDigger
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi Fellow Bid Rivals,

This forum asks that I don't use my real name, but many of you will know me as a real "Gold Digger".

I was doing well by bidding only on Gold, but now I am several thousand dollars in debt on my credit card.
I am very lucky that all of my activity has occured in the last month of operation (about 31 Mar 12 - Finish)
I feel very sorry for everyone with bids and purchases tied up from over a month ago.

I never got anything delivered. Staff tried to delay my threats to lodge a claim by saying that the director is away until mid May.
I found it strange that BidRivals said to allow 28 days for delivery and BuySafe guarantees are valid for only 28 days. Convenient.
I contacted bids rivals after 21 days and they said it would not be dispatched for another month.
I lodged a BuySafe claim on Day 28 when my Gold Bar did not arrive. I don't expect BuySafe will do anything.

For those of you who have not yet filed credit card refunds, do it immediately.
You should do it at the Bank as signatures will be needed and it will be faster.

Things are complicated by the "Buy Now" option and the under-valued purchase prices.

E.g. Let's say you bid on an item worth $15 and lost.
You redeemed your lost bids on a "Buy Now" purchase making the final price $0.50.
The Credit Card refund will only refund you $0.50 even though you paid $15.50 for the item.

Be sure to claim back your bid packs as well if they were used as part of a "Buy Now" purchase.
This was simple for me as I "ALWAYS" used the buy now option for real credits (not bonus bids).
Therefore all Bid Packs were effectively not delivered as promised.
I would hate to have to work out what was refundable if I did not always use the buy now option.

Good luck everyone.

GoldDigger
  • GoldDigger
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

A Delaware Corporation! That means there is no way of knowning who the directors are. I would never have started if I had of known it was a Delaware Corporation :(

Someone is very rich now. I can only imagine how many 50g gold bars went to the director. Aparently, only company directors can accept Gold for anti-money laundering reasons. Did anyone else get that line with their mssing gold bars?

Everyone should contact the Gold Bar mints in their country to track down the directors. Do it fast, I bet they are still collecting the gold we all paid for. Go through the police if needed. I am certainly going to be letting the police know in my country as I think they will get away with it otherwise.

I have come across someones reasearch on the suspected bidrivals directors and it seems they are from the lotteries industry in Malta and have associations with IT recruiting companies and gaming licensing consultants. I think they started BidRivals as a scam and realised it was actually a legitimate business and a fair system. However, scammers at heart, they could not bring themselves to let users know that they should finalise their purchases and not buy any more bids before they shut shop.

Kingsize1
  • Kingsize1
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello BR Victims
now everything is clear it was expected since january they didn,t deliver the items i have lost alot of artcles value 3000 Euro sorry for all of us

ELOY
  • ELOY
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Good afternoon everyone, fellow travelers:
I have sent email to these links that I facilitated and I got reply:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your email. Due to volume of work at this moment we are currently not able to take up this case.
With thanks.
Silvana Zammit
CHETCUTI CAUCHI
Legal Tax Corporate
Malta . Cyprus . London

http://www.cc-advoca...act/contact.htm

I ask all send email to force.
A greeting to all.

L2BID
  • L2BID
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Dear Bidrivals' victims,

Funny thing is that after i lost all hope that i would ever see my money or the items i paid for, i had 2 packages from Bidrivals delivered today:

Philips Low Fat Fryer Multi-cooker (#522440) won on the 25th of January.
Sound/Light/Aroma Therapy Clock - Oregon Scientific (#518924) won on the 19th of January.

Both came from France, pixmania.com
I didn't got any pre-delivery mail from Bidrivals like i used to but the fact is that i got them. For what i can understand they were shipped on the 26th of April.

Is there still hope?

Too bad it wasn't one of the most expensive items i won (like a macbook) but at least it's better than nothing.

Any of you guys got a delivery recently?

Matt Macola
  • Matt Macola
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

If anyone who has been scammed would like to get in touch with me I may be able to let you know how I got a refund and give you the details of a few senior directors at Bidrivals.

I can confirm the address listed on their website is a real address that Bidrivals used (although it could be a PO Box).

My email is mattmacola (at) gmail.com

Athius
  • Athius
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello everyone.
I'm french so sorry for my english.
Like all of us, I didn't receive my auctions: a camera (Canon eos 600d + 18-55mm) buyed in January with the direct sell method to not lose all my bids. I buyed this camera at more than 800€...
If you do some justice action, you can count on me.
Romain

vovor
  • vovor
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

madonnat hello and hello to all, please excuse my English, thank you for giving us eloy post a link on a French blog, it allowed us to hear from you all as well as the evolution of Bidrivals which is at once more clear
madonnat for this is already three months we expect the TV card collection and nothing
ds on February 29 wins and nothing and other lots on the site where we are we pool our efforts and complaints it was filed, we have decided not to leave us like you we have received as perfumes
we joined the company who ship them also feared the worst because it has not already been paid for several weeks
all this is not a good omen;
Good luck to all
well you have Vovor

bids4sjm
  • bids4sjm
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello fellow bidrivalers

Some of you will recognise my user name from bidrivals where I have been a regular bidder for more than 2 years (~4500 auctions won over a couple of usernames). I am sorry to hear of the scale of everyones losses especially the new bidders who have never received anything. My own losses are relatively minor as I had scaled back due to my concerns about their viability.

For those who feel this has been a (deliberate) scam I would like to suggest it is simply a failed business model - no less distressing nevertheless.

I have enjoyed my experience with Bidrivals and apart from the gamble see it as an application in Game Theory - both with fellow bidders and Bidrivals themselves. Much as they like to say they want everyone to "win", their business model requires that on average everyone loses so bidders such as myself and others I recognise here that are making profit run counter to their business needs and so their continual tinkering with the rules.

As my concerns grew I watched closer the closed auctions and the potential profit they would be making and much as some headline items seemed to generate enormous profit I couldn't see that they would be making enough to cover their payroll when factoring in Buy It Now and free/bonus bids. As others have noted the timeframe for delivery had been increasing for some time which is of course a classic sign of financial duress.

The continual tinkering with rules and offers was a sign that they were looking to generate more competition for auctions whilst we as bidders were continually looking at strategies for less. Stategies such as first bidder getting precedence on auctions evolved in some categories but were of course counter to Bidrivals own requirements. The introduction of the Gift Cards early last year was clearly designed to defer the timeframe during which redemption would be due - again good for cash flow but not for profits (even at their inflated prices).

The concept of Penny Auctions is extremely interesting but of course you should never lose track of the fact that for a business to survive it must cover its costs and make a profit and in the absence of buying privileges (A gift card with Amazon cost them face value) the average bidder must lose and if some are winning the remainder must lose more.

Sadly for those with significant losses I don't think the prospects are good and as has been noted earlier I suspect chargebacks on credit card companies will be difficult in that Bidpacks were in fact delivered and the final value payments are a fraction of the real losses.

For those pursuing recoveries I wish you well and hope you are at least able to minimise your losses to some extent.

Kind Regards, Steve

OLDUSER
  • OLDUSER
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

While bidrivals web exists and is open for the moment we would not have to worry about, the strange thing is that we do not report anything and keep putting your web maintenance ..

I also I have many items to be received for example:

Motorola Xoom 2 HD-16 GB WiFi
Apple iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
Canon EOS 600D + EF-S 18-55 mm IS
Sony Xperia S

I think next week and hopefully we'll know bidrivals reopens ...

regards

ELOY
  • ELOY
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Link to a forum for fellow BIdrivals.
Are France.
http://www.encheres-.../fiche-3-1.html

have not received articles.
They are more than 150 euros.
They say that you are sending the low price.

Articles that I have not received:

AppleiPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi – Blanco 2012-01-23
Aspirador Roomba 555 2012-01-28
Sony Cybershot 3D Camera DSC-HX9V 2012-01-29
Aspirador Roomba 555 2012-01-31
Aspirador Roomba 555 2012-01-31
WD Portable External 500 GB Hard Drive – Red 2012-02-02
AspiradorRoomba 555 2012-02-02
Apple iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi –Negro 2012-02-04
TomTomGPS XXL IQ Routes serie Europa + Funda 2012-02-07
WD Portable External 500 GB Hard Drive – Red 2012-02-07
Canon Digital Ixus 230 HS 2012-02-07
Aspirador Roomba 555 2012-02-09
AspiradorRoomba 555 2012-02-12

LaCie LaCinema 2TB PlayHD Media Player Hard Drive 2012-02-13 WD 500 GB Disco duro externo portátil My Passport Essential- Negro 2012-02-13
Aspirador Roomba 555 2012-02-15
AppleiPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi – Blanco 2012-02-17
TomTomStart 2 Receptor GPS + Funda 2012-02-19
WD 500 GB Disco duro externo portátil My Passport Essential- Negro 2012-02-29
TomTomStart 2 Receptor GPS + Funda 2012-03-14 Garmin Forerunner Sports Watch 2012-03-26
Nikon D5100 + 18-55 MM LENS 2012-03-30
White Apple iPod Touch 8GB 2012-03-30
Canon EOS 1100D + EF-S 18-55mmDC III Lens 2012-04-03
SamsungGalaxy Tab 10.1 3G 16GB 2012-04-03
SamsungGalaxy Note 2012-04-03

AppleiPod Touch 8GB 2012-04-03
Sony Playstation Vita 3G + WiFi Console 2012-04-08
PanasonicLumix DMC-GF3 +14-42mm Lens 2012-04-10

Apple iPod Touch 8GB 2012-04-11
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +14-42mm Lens 2012-04-11
Apple iPod Nano 8GB Blue 2012-04-13
LenovoIdeapad 2nd Gen Core i5 Laptop 2012-04-15