Background Image

Bidrivals.com Not Delivering Won Items - Going Bust?

Started by Dexter , Apr 25 2012 05:28 PM

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

zero
  • zero
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Iam waiting for a large legit company to enter this business, one that has enough capital to not cheat its users, I have little faith in many of the penny auctions now a days and the honest ones seem to have really cheap items or reserves.
"Don't be evil" (Google corporate slogan) -Paul Buchheit and Amit Patel.

ENGINE2011
  • ENGINE2011
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

I would highly recommend people who have opened chargebacks DO NOT close them, with many banks/credit cards if you close a chargeback you CANNOT open it again.

To Matt Macola

Thanks very much for providing your above stated recommendations re: charge back case closures - I have just checked out your advice online and it would appear that you are 100% accurate, so the information provided to me by a member of HSBC Bank staff yesterday is totally inaccurate! This information was provided to me by the same member of HSBC staff who told me that you have 180 days to make a Visa Debit Card Charge back claim, and as stated already I am aware that you only have 120 days in which to make a Visa Debit Card Charge back claim so it is now clear to me that the HSBC staff member responsible for supplying all of this information doesn't know his subject matter at all well! In hindsight I should have goggled his advice before posting it here after already noting one error in information I was provided but you don't expect the people who deal with matters such as this on a regular basis to provide you with inaccurate information, so thanks very much Matt for pointing out this second information error I didn't pick up on.

Also, bearing in mind that this HSBC staff member was not willing to put anything in writing when I requested that he did so, I am now actually wondering if Banks are deliberately providing customers with inaccurate information to avoid having to settle charge back claims themselves when such claims are made against companies who liquidate in which case the Banks have a legal responsibility to refund the customer his/her payment from the Banks own money, if the claim circumstances meet the banks criteria... a rather disturbing thought!

Most importantly and to summarise then:

Anyone reading this post (and my previous post in this thread) please ensure that you give serious consideration to Matt Macola's above stated recommendations and DO NOT CLOSE a charge back case if it has already been opened because if you do, and in the unlikely event that Bidrivals recently announced new financial backers do not deliver on their promise to honour the shipment of all of Bidrivals customers outstanding undelivered orders for any reason, you very likely wont be able to reopen the charge back case you closed for the undelivered item(s) in question, unless you can prove that the first case was closed in error in which case I understand that you may have reasonable and valid grounds to appeal against such a decision with your Banks Senior Management.

Edited by ENGINE2011, 13 May 2012 - 05:30 AM.

ENGINE2011
  • ENGINE2011
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

To Engine2011

Did you cancel your request for chargebacks?

Just want to clarify my Charge back cases are current placed on HOLD..not CANCELLED or CLOSED

Dexter
  • Dexter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

New reply received from Bidrivals support at GamblingNerd.com

http://www.gamblingn...1#comment-75481

This new management seems to be much better. But everyone who has been making chargebacks will be out of luck.

jensen32
  • jensen32
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

To Dexter:

Thats NOT what they says, of course we can not expect both cash back and delivery of products

3. All users will get their products which they won before the “close down”.
Users who claimed a chargeback (rightly) i hope would understand that we can’t send the products to them but are open to take care of that too.
Name_Change32

chetaat
  • chetaat
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

@ gaby, gib doch bitte mal deine Email-addy oder skype-id

gaby999999
  • gaby999999
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

gerne, gaby99999@msn.com

lg

Dexter
  • Dexter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Everything has a reserve price and nothing has BIN option. I'll pass on the "new" Bidrivals.

Annibale Franco Tallarico
  • Annibale Franco Tallarico
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I wanted to ask if anyone has been contacted today, Monday, :S since the new owners said they would sent in batches Monday

waveneed
  • waveneed
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi,
I've been watching the new Bidrivals and the final auction prices are concerning. If my maths is right the final price needs to reach 2% of the actual price of the item before Bidrivals makes a profit. This is not occuring very often. If you put this together with the "discounted" bids returned from the reserve auctions it seems that Bidrivals are incurring quite heavy losses so far. I hope that this is just temporary as it does not bode well for the long term success of the business.

chetaat
  • chetaat
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

@annibalefranco

in Germany, I don't know anyone who was questioned. The number of users in different countries and the many outstanding deliveries, are 4.5 months to catch up not in a short time.
When you consider how big was the chaos if one has to demand the delivery of an article it will be an organizational masterpiece to overlook these things. I think they will work out every month.
We must train ourselves probably still something in patience.

@waveneed

That's right. The people want play the game but Most of them wait probably only to the delivery of their goods. BR can help themselves so that the situation changes by delivering fast.
Then should trust be again greater and the bidding normalize again

Annibale Franco Tallarico
  • Annibale Franco Tallarico
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

what I do not understand, why do not respond to emails instead of their usual automatic email response

ENGINE2011
  • ENGINE2011
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

what I do not understand, why do not respond to emails instead of their usual automatic email response

I'm having the same problem Annibale, I've sent several emails to support@bidrivals.com which is the NEW email address we are all being told to use but when you do so all you get is an automated email reply from info@bidrivals.com (which isn't even the email address you sent the message to!) and all the reply tells you to do is contact support@bidrivals.com so it's a never ending loop.... not good!

Dexter
  • Dexter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

New update from Bidrivals!!!! http://www.gamblingn...1#comment-76398

As I said before.... People who have filed chargebacks are out of luck.

This is wrong on so many levels and it's really unfair that people who only files chargebacks because they had to now have to suffer because of it.

What's going to happen to those of us who have only been able to dispute a part of the items owed? Did we forfeit our chances of getting anything at all by disputing a small part of what we were owed?

Edited by Dexter, 16 May 2012 - 01:49 PM.

jensen32
  • jensen32
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello to all

Why do they want everybody to cancel their claims for chargeback? thats not the way it should be done, if you cancel - you give op your legit rights.

I´m sorry to say, but i think they are trying to cheat us all (again) ?

This is a copy from Paypal, a guide to sellers how to handle claims:

[h=3]Negotiate to resolve dispute[/h]Once a dispute is opened, you and the buyer have 20 days to resolve it or escalate to a PayPal claim.
You can review the buyer's message and post a reply in the Resolution CenterLocated in My Account, the PayPal resource for resolving issues between buyers and sellers.. This is your opportunity to communicate directly and resolve the issue. Communicate clearly and include suggestions about how you can resolve the dispute, such as through a full or partial refund.
PayPal can view all posted messages in case the dispute is escalated to a claim.
We hold all fundsRestricting the funds associated with a dispute so they cannot be withdrawn from a buyer’s or seller's PayPal account. related to the transaction until the dispute is resolved or closedTo end a dispute or claim. A closed dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a claim. We automatically close disputes after 20 days unless they have been escalated to a PayPal claim.. The buyer is less likely to escalate a dispute to a PayPal claim if you are working together on a solution.
Name_Change32

chetaat
  • chetaat
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

today is the first tracking - id come

bidrivals2012
  • bidrivals2012
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Dear All,

The new BidRivals management has taken your feedback into consideration and as we would like to be as transparent as possible we would like to share our latest news with you.

We understand that our last suggestion has tightened your faith in BidRivals and that some of you don’t want to drop their disputes. However, you must understand that we cannot ship a product which is under a chargeback. For the customers who still have chargebacks running, we will calculate case by case the amount already refunded and the products due to be delivered and refund the difference.

We thank you for your understanding and stay available for any further questions you might have.

Kind Regards,
The new BidRivals Management.

madonnat
  • madonnat
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi just wondering if any one has gotten any items from the new bidrivals yet? Is nice to see many user names from the old bidrivals here, hello to you to vovor. Hopefully we can get the rest of the collection gift cards for the 70" TV. only 84 more LOL:) Oh by the way nice to see you here gaby999999 I no you must have alot of gift cards collected too. Good Luck To All. madonnat

Tembo69
  • Tembo69
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Dear all
I' ve just received a chargeback for 6 products for the money that i paid which I think it's not fair because the truth is hat I owned the right to receive either the product or as a refund the value of the product - as this also happened in the past. In fact I've spent much more on those products Thant the value in the dispute...did this happened to anyone of you?

Edited by Tembo69, 20 May 2012 - 08:23 AM.

ENGINE2011
  • ENGINE2011
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Dear all
I' ve just received a chargeback for 6 products for the money that i paid which I think it's not fair because the truth is hat I owned the right to receive either the product or as a refund the value of the product - as this also happened in the past. In fact I've spent much more on those products Thant the value in the dispute...did this happened to anyone of you?

To Tembo69

Was your dispute resolved via Paypal or directly via your banking institution?

Mail me directly at ENGINE2011@live.com if you wish to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users