• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Pennydeal
  • Pennydeal
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Hey all,

Don't post too often, but wanted to share a new site that really does not look "right" to me. Saw it had a couple of posts around, (not on PAW that I can tell though), so thought I would go take a look; site is gigazz.com.

Site has seeming gone live very recently, but the bidding activity is not only blind but very odd and misplaced....I would say suspicious. Saw an Ipad go unsold while the 250-bid pack beside it was rolling right along (got up to just over $5)... some bose headphones well over $4 when I looked, while a $100 gc (or was it $300) went unsold....hmmm

When many items are going unsold, and the more expensive product and bidpacks are run-up really high; especially given the site is quite new and the activity seems to be sparce, it is a HUGE red flag to me and just wanted to share, and see what others think.

chaosx
  • chaosx
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Hey PennyDeal,

I also took a look at the site and came to the same conclusions. The bidding activity just does not seem right. I would not jump into this site so quickly without doing your own observations on it.

Pennydeal
  • Pennydeal
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

True chaos.. Normally I would jump in there and at least try it (sucker for punishment and all..and a little OCD doesn't help), but with this site I couldn't even bring myself to buy a starter bidpack; guess that says something.

rexter65
  • rexter65
  • Members
  • 1,421 posts

i watched the site my self and o ya red flags if you sign up and they give you free bids just place a bid on one of the auction going to end it will trigger the bots

Pennydeal
  • Pennydeal
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I had registered at the time, but no freebies... unless I missed a registration promo code somewhere, which I doubt

kidling
  • kidling
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

come on guys isn't it obvious within two seconds of looking at a site if it's legit or not. If you have never heard of it and there are things running up high all day it's a scam simple.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hey all,

Don't post too often, but wanted to share a new site that really does not look "right" to me. Saw it had a couple of posts around, (not on PAW that I can tell though), so thought I would go take a look; site is gigazz.com.

Site has seeming gone live very recently, but the bidding activity is not only blind but very odd and misplaced....I would say suspicious. Saw an Ipad go unsold while the 250-bid pack beside it was rolling right along (got up to just over $5)... some bose headphones well over $4 when I looked, while a $100 gc (or was it $300) went unsold....hmmm

When many items are going unsold, and the more expensive product and bidpacks are run-up really high; especially given the site is quite new and the activity seems to be sparce, it is a HUGE red flag to me and just wanted to share, and see what others think.

Curious, how does this alone mean the site = a huge red flag? Has anyone here bid on Gigazz.com?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Allen C
  • Allen C
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Curious, how does this alone mean the site = a huge red flag? Has anyone here bid on Gigazz.com?

I have and I've won about 12 auctions in about a 4 day period. They use robots pretty positive

I contacted a rep who hangs out on a particular bidder forum won't say which one. I mentioned to him they should hand out some kind of free bids on initial registration and he said they'd think about it during one of their next meetings. He proceeds to give me 10 free bids to try the site. I try the site and place bids as the auction(small bidpack) starts to close got taken for my 10 free bids with the quickness

I msg him(via chat) on the PA site forum that I know for a fact they are using bots. He was online for a long time that night. Never responded to any of my msgs. I even started a Topic touching indirectly on it in an open wire and I know he saw it because once again he was online for long periods of time that day. 2 days later I mysteriously get an email from the Marketing department informing me the auction I was in was jeopardized by individuals who used multiple accounts from the same household. They return my 10 free bids to me. I proceed to once more use those bids on a couple BidPack auctions Beginners. I won a couple....you can up to 5. I then say okay let me try and win product. I go after a very modest low value Gift Card Beginner auction and I won. I won another BidPack and Gift Card auction in like 2 days.

Then all of a sudden the site went away from Beginners for like 2-3 days...ROTFLOL. I proceed to try and win more Bid Pack auctions 15-20bids and lo and behold I win several more but mine are the ones that have the highest closing cost looking at ended auctions. I upped the anty and went from $5 Gift Card to $10 and I won one and that's when the wheels came off. The site cranked up the bots and made damn sure I was winning nothing else.

When I initially msgd him I told him I know they are using bots in efforts to build a customer base but told him this is a flawed strategy. I may decide to buy 1 BidPack just to officially prove the point but the site is hoky.

Pennydeal
  • Pennydeal
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Sorry admin, but It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the site is a red flag... or at least one of much greater risk than most other sites around. Yes I might be biased against the blind bidding, of which I am not a fan, but come on....

Bidders who take a good look at the site for a few hours over a few days do not need to take my/our word for it; and they would undoubtedly agree that there is some very odd activity on the site considering its being so new and given the lack of advertising on-line and in PA forums etc. etc.

I was only trying to bring to bidders' attention, a site which did not look right to me. In this era of questionable sites, I had wanted to make sure others took a good look before bidding. I did so by bringing my concern to the appropriate forum and the appropriate thread without breaking any rules; and did not make specific accusations against the site. As such, I am surprised that on Penny Auction "Watch", that my "watching" is questioned when the same concerns I expressed (now about a month ago), are probably still prevalent on the site.

Allen C
  • Allen C
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Since my last post

I've had several discussions with Kathy from their site. She tries her best to listen to all your concerns and is a great communicator. There are some things I believe she is aware of that could help her site transition even more going forward and if she makes these tweaks. They are on PAC and will continue their relationship with them so maybe it may be worth giving them a shot or three.....

Pennydeal
  • Pennydeal
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

:oops:

So it looks like my recent experiences with this lovely industry of ours have lets say, made me a wee bit cynical. I jumped the gun on red-flagging a site, and I want to man-up to it and hopefully set the record straight a bit... site is gigazz.com.

After having been burned a number of times in recent memory, and after having come off the PennyExpressions fiasco, I jumped the gun on this site. Though experience had taught me that my first looks were correct, I have changed my tune after speaking at length with Kathy the Owner on a few occasions now. After these lengthy conversations, I have learned that she is not only a good person, but one who is really passionate about her business, has a vision for its development and sustainability, but also has a well-built site.

I, and others, on first look, applied the typical PA model to this site, but gigazz is not only a PA and originates from a retail model. With a younger user-base, bidding is at times "young", and after having watched the site for HOURS and HOURS now, I am comfortable that this personal research, combined with the conversations I have had with the Owner of the site/business, I was wrong to have red-flagged it... and wrong to question Amanda on her questioning of me about it.

For those of you who don't want to commit right away and have a good look around the site, you have to be invited, so here is an invitation link so that you can view the bidders and study the activity as you see fit (become "verified").

www.Gigazz.com/default.aspx?FriendID=832024055

I have had a few wins so far, as have an ever-growing number of regular bidders, but the site is busier due to to their marketing and promotional initiatives, so some research is key. Have a look around, and do not hesitate to contact them if you have questions or concerns...they actually answer and get back to you? Who knew?

Feels good to be wrong sometimes, because being wrong has given me a new site to play on... all day long.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Anyone still bid on Gigazz here and know much about it? 

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users