shilling stealing lying censoring

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

canttouchthis220
  • canttouchthis220
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

To those of you who bid on RagingBid you need to be aware that things aren't right. I've been bidding there for over a year and in the beginning, things were good. In November, around the time the Blukos site opened, accounting and deliveries started showing signs of trouble. By December, wins were taking twice as long to receive and by January things got even further behind. It's been a constant struggle to receive wins in a timely manner even with multiple support emails.There have been excuses galore over the last several months and shipments are consistently running 6-8 weeks behind. In addition, promotional wins aren't being paid either. Last Wednesday I filed disputes with Paypal on all items that had not been received that were still within Paypal's 45 day window. The owner of the site, approved the disputes for refunds on Thursday and subsequently closed my RB account. However, there was no money to actually refund the amounts and Paypal held the refunds until last evening when they tried again to withdraw the money from RagingBids account. Guess what? Again no money to cover the refunds. I'm waiting now until Thursday when Paypal will once again try to recoup the money. If you are a member of Blukos, the partner site of RagingBid, you should know there has been controversy about people complaining and asking where their wins are. You should also be aware that the owner is censoring the posts and deleting the ones containing complaints and aggressive questioning. He's even gone so far as to ban and/or threaten members who speak out against the site or RagingBids business practices.I am not the only one who filed disputes and had the payments bounce. If you are pumping money into this site, you need to be aware that it's a sinking ship and that there is no money for payouts for items won. If you have items you've paid for that are approaching 45 days, you need to seriously consider filing disputes through paypal to recoup some of your losses. Paypal will honor disputes filed eventually--regardless of their ability to collect from RagingBid. I hope that those of you who know me from the site realize that I have no axe to grind here. It's a site I enjoyed for many months until things began to fall apart. The attempts that have been made to warn of you of the inherent risk in continuing to support RagingBid have been met with resistance and posts have been removed to ensure that the owner maintains the appearance that RagingBid and Blukos are some kind of Utopia. Good luck to each of you in your pursuit of collecting.

badeacon
  • badeacon
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Thanks for sharing your experience there. I have been having trouble getting them to ship wins from first of April. Have been getting several different excuses and finally this weekend was told needed to send proof of payment and sent them the 3 Paypal confirmations of payment and was told would receive Amazon cards by Monday PM. It is now Tuesday and not received. Waiting for next excuse but I know my chargeback dealing and definitely will not go past next week. I had been getting bad vibes about this site for last month and your experiences confirm this!!

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Could RagingBid be the next one to fade out of the penny auction industry? In the past they've given new users hundreds upon hundreds of FREE bids. Their referral and affiliate programs have also been avenues to receive a large sum of bids. Could all of these free bids finally be having an impact on RagingBids' profits?

I signed up to RagingBid last year, used my free bids and never returned, so I am not aware of the full scale of how things are going over there. However, judging by the posts you folks have made above, and what history has proven to us, it seems as if we may get to witness another closure. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it's the same pattern that seems to be occurring all the time. A site stops shipping, eventually puts up a "under maintenance" message on their homepage, and then files for bankruptcy.

For all of you RagingBid bidders, keep your eyes peeled and start cracking down on them for what they owe you.

BigHumpDaddy
  • BigHumpDaddy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Could RagingBid be the next one to fade out of the penny auction industry? In the past they've given new users hundreds upon hundreds of FREE bids. Their referral and affiliate programs have also been avenues to receive a large sum of bids. Could all of these free bids finally be having an impact on RagingBids' profits?

I signed up to RagingBid last year, used my free bids and never returned, so I am not aware of the full scale of how things are going over there. However, judging by the posts you folks have made above, and what history has proven to us, it seems as if we may get to witness another closure. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it's the same pattern that seems to be occurring all the time. A site stops shipping, eventually puts up a "under maintenance" message on their homepage, and then files for bankruptcy.

For all of you RagingBid bidders, keep your eyes peeled and start cracking down on them for what they owe you.

I am with you, I bid there and just used my free bids and didn't look back. There was no way I was going to buy bids if I couldn't win a $25 beginner's auction with close to 200 bids.

I think that they have done a lot of good for the PA industry (helping Bid-Bob folks comes to mind), but like you said, the signs of financial troubles are being displayed with the slow shipping, excuses upon excuses, etc. Sounds like foopile, bidtwister and a host of others all over again. I do hope not, though! I really hope they get back on their feet, and fast!

canttouchthis220
  • canttouchthis220
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I appreciate your comments. Raging Bid is on the defensive and is attempting to censor anyone who speaks out against them. Earlier today there were many posts on The Bid Lounge and this evening the thread was closed because of the threat of legal action. However, not before I copied and pasted the responses. I'm going to replicate them for everyone to see because I think this is important information for anyone who is owed from this site.

canttouchthis220
  • canttouchthis220
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

• May 15, 2012 9:12:07 AM EDT

Quote Edit Delete

To those of you who bid on RagingBid you need to be aware that things aren't right. I've been bidding there for over a year and in the beginning, things were good. In November, around the time the Blukos site opened, accounting and deliveries started showing signs of trouble. By December, wins were taking twice as long to receive and by January things got even further behind. It's been a constant struggle to receive wins in a timely manner even with multiple support emails.

There have been excuses galore over the last several months and shipments are consistently running 6-8 weeks behind. In addition, promotional wins aren't being paid either. Last Wednesday I filed disputes with Paypal on all items that had not been received that were still within Paypal's 45 day window. The owner of the site, approved the disputes for refunds on Thursday and subsequently closed my RB account. However, there was no money to actually refund the amounts and Paypal held the refunds until last evening when they tried again to withdraw the money from RagingBids account. Guess what? Again no money to cover the refunds. I'm waiting now until Thursday when Paypal will once again try to recoup the money.

If you are a member of Blukos, the partner site of RagingBid, you should know there has been controversy about people complaining and asking where their wins are. You should also be aware that THE OWNER OF RAGINGBID is censoring the posts and deleting the ones containing complaints and aggressive questioning. He's even gone so far as to ban and/or threaten members who speak out against the site or RagingBids business practices.

I am not the only one who filed disputes and had the payments bounce. If you are pumping money into this site, you need to be aware that it's a sinking ship and that there is no money for payouts for items won. If you have items you've paid for that are approaching 45 days, you need to seriously consider filing disputes through paypal to recoup some of your losses. Paypal will honor disputes filed eventually--regardless of their ability to collect from RagingBid.
    I hope that those of you who know me from the site realize that I have no axe to grind here. It's a site I enjoyed for many months until things began to fall apart. The attempts that have been made to warn of you of the inherent risk in continuing to support RagingBid have been met with resistance and posts have been removed to ensure that HE OWNER OF RAGINGBID maintains the appearance that RagingBid and Blukos are some kind of Utopia.

Good luck to each of you in your pursuit of collecting.
  • Ralph
    Posted Image
    • 2 posts

May 15, 2012 3:17:59 PM EDT

Quote Report

Raginbids is scamming people with *****s. I know this to be true from talking to others and how the auctions they were bidding on were run up in the exact same way with the exact same number of "bidders" on each one. One always on auto bid against you and two others single bidding the entire time until you drop or run out of bids and then all of a sudden the auction ends shortly after. Out of 3,000 bids I used in two separate auctions I didn't win either for this exact same reason, as well as others I have talked to who either got ran up well over retail or dropped out of the auction and then it ended EXACTLY the same way. BEWARE!!!! Don't bid there or the site will end up with all of your money and you will end up with nothing or very expensive items.
  • MEANBIDNESS
    Posted Image
    • 4 posts

May 15, 2012 3:23:55 PM EDT

Quote Report

This is my first public post with regard to Raging Bid/HE OWNER OF RAGINGBID I have provided ample time and given him and the site considerable patience and tact in the hopes that I would receive my wins. I have now been forced to file charge-backs, like many others before me. Prior to this posting, I have NEVER publically spoken of my concerns. I offer this only as concern for others who continue to believe his rubbish. And I have just today learned of this man spreading lies that I and others have formed a group to slander him. That was the last straw!!! Stop lying about me HE OWNER OF RAGINGBID!!! I do not deserve this.

I was first contacted by HE OWNER OF RAGINGBID shortly after I signed up on RB in late January. I was not new to the bidding world (MEAN_BIDNESS)(JoeBiddin). A few of my good friends were also friends w/ this man so I said "what the heck". What could it hurt to befriend him. Turns out to be the biggest disappointment in my bidding history. After a couple of mths and thousands of dollars tyring to establish my name, I began to question his practices and his excuses... week after week..something different as to why we weren't receiving our wins. I caught him in a lie about a mth ago. He never ordered the purses I won. He said he had ordered them weeks prior. I phoned the actual Gucci and LV store he makes his purchases from. No orders had been placed and in fact the Gucci was "in stock" for more than a year. That particular item was won on 2/18. Of course I called him on it and he eventually admitted the lie. Even after this blatant lake of respect for me, I gave him the opportunity to do right. This is business..nothing more, nothing less. You want to get personal by treating your "friends" this way.. so be it. And how dare you write checks to paypal to cover charge-backs only to be bounced.
    L
  • ggraham
    Posted Image
    • 7 posts

May 15, 2012 3:30:59 PM EDT

Quote Report

Sorry for all the trouble to whoever played here.. i live in orlando and here is the number to them if you need it

Orlando police dept.
    non-emergency 321-235-5300
    Information Desk: 407-246-2470

glad i never bidded there
    good luck to you all
  • canttouchthis
    Posted Image
    • 5 posts

May 15, 2012 3:33:31 PM EDT

Quote Edit Delete

Thank you Ggraham! Later I'll try to get around to posting the FBI info and other places to contact to report the illegal activity of Raging Bid for anyone who is interested.
  • MEANBIDNESS
    Posted Image
    • 4 posts

May 15, 2012 3:37:08 PM EDT

Quote Report

Thank you ggraham.
  • MEANBIDNESS
    Posted Image
    • 4 posts

May 15, 2012 3:38:57 PM EDT

Quote Report

Another interesting tidbit. I won a autographed football signed by Tim Tebow. I got the ball but not certification. I have repeatedly asked for it with promises that it's in the mail. This autograph looks different than what is on our signed jersey. We may just have this authenticated. If it proves to be a fake...

This post was edited by MEANBIDNESS at May 15, 2012 3:38:57 PM EDT
  • ggraham
    Posted Image
    • 7 posts

May 15, 2012 3:38:58 PM EDT

Quote Report

funny thing i just looked up their address and i was about 1000ft from their location yesterday.. should stop by and say HI. lol

This post was edited by ggraham at May 15, 2012 3:38:58 PM EDT
  • MEANBIDNESS
    Posted Image
    • 4 posts

May 15, 2012 3:42:35 PM EDT

Quote Report

According to discovery by someone else Graham, you'd be looking at a golf store.
  • ggraham
    Posted Image
    • 7 posts

May 15, 2012 3:44:06 PM EDT

Quote Report

yeah wouldnt surprise me if they used a different address also
  • ItsMINEnow
    Posted Image
    • 13 posts

May 15, 2012 3:58:06 PM EDT

Quote Report

I'm going to type up my saga in word and post...Stay tuned...

Where do I begin…..

In April of 2011, I placed my first bid on Ragingbid. After reading the highly recommended reviews by many of the bidders here, I was under the assumption that Ragingbid was a highly regarded site. The first time I purchased multiple bid packs, I received a telephone call from owner of Ragingbid. At the time , I thought it quite odd that a site owner would be calling me to introduce himself.

Throughout the course of a year, I have participated in over 280 auctions, took part in many of the promotions and socialized with many of Ragingbid’s bidders, which was encouraged by THE OWNER OF RAGINGBID himself. I have spoken to THE OWNER OF RAGINGBID on the phone on an almost daily basis. Yes at first I thought it a bit strange to have so much interaction with a site owner but, I liked him and considered him a good friend. He would call me to discuss many things. I even helped with several of the promotions and organized and created several spreadsheets for him. Like I said, I considered him a friend and I trusted him.

I started to run into problems in the beginning of March. Items I won were just taking a bit too long to receive. Things were not being shipped in the order I paid for them and it was starting to become a bit messy for my tastes.

The first email I sent to them was on March 7th. It was for some missing gift cards that I didn’t receive. I was told they were going to look into it and get back to me. At that point in time I always received everything I won on a regular basis, so I didn’t think much about it. A month goes by, the second email goes out asking them if they found any information on the missing items. It was all very friendly. This is when the excuses and lies started.

I have heard, many, many, many excuses and lies as to why my items were delayed. It was shipped, however no tracking number. The office was moved because Al Sharpton rented an office across from their complex and a certain militia group were harassing the girls, problems with Icard, problems with Discover card, Bid-bob bidders, they had to buy out another investor, his Uncle died, blah, blah, blah, blah. These things were just not said to me, they were told to everyone else and posted on mysocialbull.com. Everything but the obvious truth. Nothing was shipped. Any experienced bidder would have run from this site MONTHS before I reached my breaking point. At that point, he owed me well over $14k worth of merchandise and gift cards. The stories became more and more outlandish. I felt, and rightly so, that anything coming from his mouth was untrustworthy.

So I did a little searching myself and I didn’t like what I saw. Not AT ALL. I won’t discuss it here, but it is all readily available, you just have to look for it. At that point, I could no longer trust him. He owed me way too much money. I voiced my concerns to THE OWNER OF RAGINGBID or rather other bidders, which I spoke to about my concerns, spoke to THE OWNER OF RAGINGBID and any relationship with him ceased to exist. Other bidders were in the same position I was in. Enough was enough. I wanted what was due to me. Items were approaching 60 days old.

I started to voice my concerns publicly. I couldn’t understand why he was giving away hundreds of dollars every week in promotions while he owed bidders auction wins! I was met with promises and the threats. Posts were censored and THE OWNER OF RAGINGBID called every bidder on the phone he could possibly talk to and told them a ton of lies about me to try and bring them over to “his side”. Some of the things he was saying were utterly and completely outrageous. Telling people I was going to be sued for slander, which by the way, I really hope happens. I can’t wait to deposition all the people he himself and I spoke to, (which by the way I do have all those messages saved) under the threat of perjury. He disclosed numerous tidbits of personal information about me and my bidding account. All because I dared ask for what I was entitled to. I’m not a charity and I’m certainly not a loan company. All I wanted what was owed to me and that’s it.

I gave him ample opportunity to do what was right before I resorted to filing chargebacks, however I reached my breaking point when he banned me from mysocialbull.com because I demanded to know when he would be shipping my merchandise. I filed my chargebacks last week. 44 total. As you can imagine, it’s quite a bit. Listed below is what he currently owes me.

Paid 02/20/2012 Trip to Las Vegas, Auction #23905
    Paid 03/03/2012, Apple Macbook Pro, Auction #24300
    Paid 03/07/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #24563
    Paid 03/09/2012, $150 Gift Card, Auction #24685
    Paid 03/13/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction#24735
    Paid 03/13/2012, $50 Gift Card, Auction #24784
    Paid 03/13/2012, HP Slate Computer, Auction $24910
    Paid 03/26/2012, Toshiba Satellite Laptop, Auction #24515
    Paid 03/31/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26080
    Paid 04/01/2012, Fujutsu Tablet, Auction #26176
    Paid 04/01/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction#26215
    Paid 04/03/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26314
    Paid 04/07/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26364
    Paid 04/07/2012, Sony Wi-Fi Tablet, Auction # N/A (didn’t write this one down)
    Paid 04/12/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26719
    Paid, 04/12/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26731
    Paid, 04/12/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26819
    Paid, 04/12/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26900
    Paid, 04/13/2012, $150 Gift Card, Auction #27010
    Paid, 04/15/2012, $200 Gift Card, Auction #27132
    Paid, 04/17/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #27217
    Paid, 04/18/2012, Beats Pro Headphones, Auction #27312
    Paid, 04/22/2012, $50 Gift Card, Auction #27440
    Paid, 04/22/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #27448
    Paid, 04/22/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #27507
    Paid, 04/23/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #27550
    Paid, 04/23/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #27591
    Paid, 04/23/2012, $100 Gift Card, Auction #27620
    Paid, 04/24/2012, Dyson Vacuum, Auction #27679
    Paid, 04/28/2012, $100 Gift Card, Auction #27746
    Paid, 04/28/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #27843
    Paid, 04/28/2012, Kindle Fire, Auction #27909
    Paid, 04/30/2012, $100 Gift Card, Auction #27934
    Paid, 04/30/2012, $100 Gift Card, Auction #28015

Several days after the chargebacks were filed, I was surprised to see that he approved the refunds! I thought, GREAT!! I don’t have to fight anymore, I can just move on. However, I really did have a terrible feeling. The refunds were pending funding of his Paypal account via a bank transfer until May 15th.

Yesterday, I received 38 emails from Paypal. All 38 of the approved refunds were returned due to NSF. Paypal advised me to contact my local police department, which I have done and now it will be taken to the next level. I have also filed fraud reports with the ICA, BBB of Orlando, and the Attorney General of Florida. But by no means is this over. I have appointments next week and if I have to, I will fly to Orlando and make a police report there in person. But somehow, depending on my appointments next week, I don’t think it will be necessary.

This post was edited by ItsMINEnow at May 15, 2012 3:58:06 PM EDT
  • ItsMINEnow
    http://www.thebidlounge.com/social/public/user/1000000/1000/29/460.jpg?c=9771
    • 13 posts

May 15, 2012 5:19:19 PM EDT

Quote Report

And by the way, the above doesn't include any of the promotion and or trivia wins he owes me.

$510 in gift cards
    All expenses paid trips to the World Series and Superbowl. And a Macbook pro. I don't expect to see those at all.
  • BidRidder
    http://www.thebidlounge.com/social/public/user/d3/83/8350_3d3c.jpg?c=2c34
    • 13 posts

May 15, 2012 5:32:14 PM EDT

Quote Report

Just to save time in a nutshell I have not received 4 items,, filed charge backs today.
  • SassyMe
    http://www.thebidlounge.com/social/public/user/65/87/86de_484b.jpg?c=5566
    • 244 posts

May 15, 2012 8:51:34 PM EDT

Quote Report

I was lucky enough to be on vacation for 3 weeks in April and thank GOD i couldn't access the site overseas to pay for the last actions I had pending before leaving...The acceptance period expired on those. I even sent them an email asking them to please allow me to pay for them...Thank God they didn't do it. I only had to file 8 chargebacks. One of them was for the Discover card fees that were supposed to be refunded but they never did it. They also owe me a few promotion wins including an Xbox 360 that I won on March. I was a Shopping Member and did tons of shopping through their Blukos site. I never got the bids or the rewards attached to those purchases. I should have done them through Mypoints.com...LOL!

Momoftwo2380
  • Momoftwo2380
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

• May 15, 2012 9:12:07 AM EDT

Quote Edit Delete

To those of you who bid on RagingBid you need to be aware that things aren't right. I've been bidding there for over a year and in the beginning, things were good. In November, around the time the Blukos site opened, accounting and deliveries started showing signs of trouble. By December, wins were taking twice as long to receive and by January things got even further behind. It's been a constant struggle to receive wins in a timely manner even with multiple support emails.

There have been excuses galore over the last several months and shipments are consistently running 6-8 weeks behind. In addition, promotional wins aren't being paid either. Last Wednesday I filed disputes with Paypal on all items that had not been received that were still within Paypal's 45 day window. Scott Matthews, the owner of the site, approved the disputes for refunds on Thursday and subsequently closed my RB account. However, there was no money to actually refund the amounts and Paypal held the refunds until last evening when they tried again to withdraw the money from RagingBids account. Guess what? Again no money to cover the refunds. I'm waiting now until Thursday when Paypal will once again try to recoup the money.

If you are a member of Blukos, the partner site of RagingBid, you should know there has been controversy about people complaining and asking where their wins are. You should also be aware that Scott is censoring the posts and deleting the ones containing complaints and aggressive questioning. He's even gone so far as to ban and/or threaten members who speak out against the site or RagingBids business practices.

I am not the only one who filed disputes and had the payments bounce. If you are pumping money into this site, you need to be aware that it's a sinking ship and that there is no money for payouts for items won. If you have items you've paid for that are approaching 45 days, you need to seriously consider filing disputes through paypal to recoup some of your losses. Paypal will honor disputes filed eventually--regardless of their ability to collect from RagingBid.
    I hope that those of you who know me from the site realize that I have no axe to grind here. It's a site I enjoyed for many months until things began to fall apart. The attempts that have been made to warn of you of the inherent risk in continuing to support RagingBid have been met with resistance and posts have been removed to ensure that Scott Matthews maintains the appearance that RagingBid and Blukos are some kind of Utopia.

Good luck to each of you in your pursuit of collecting.
  • Ralph
    Posted Image
    • 2 posts

May 15, 2012 3:17:59 PM EDT

Quote Report

Raginbids is scamming people with *****s. I know this to be true from talking to others and how the auctions they were bidding on were run up in the exact same way with the exact same number of "bidders" on each one. One always on auto bid against you and two others single bidding the entire time until you drop or run out of bids and then all of a sudden the auction ends shortly after. Out of 3,000 bids I used in two separate auctions I didn't win either for this exact same reason, as well as others I have talked to who either got ran up well over retail or dropped out of the auction and then it ended EXACTLY the same way. BEWARE!!!! Don't bid there or the site will end up with all of your money and you will end up with nothing or very expensive items.
  • MEANBIDNESS
    Posted Image
    • 4 posts

May 15, 2012 3:23:55 PM EDT

Quote Report

This is my first public post with regard to Raging Bid/Scott Matthews. I have provided ample time and given him and the site considerable patience and tact in the hopes that I would receive my wins. I have now been forced to file charge-backs, like many others before me. Prior to this posting, I have NEVER publically spoken of my concerns. I offer this only as concern for others who continue to believe his rubbish. And I have just today learned of this man spreading lies that I and others have formed a group to slander him. That was the last straw!!! Stop lying about me Scott Matthews!!! I do not deserve this.

I was first contacted by Scott shortly after I signed up on RB in late January. I was not new to the bidding world (MEAN_BIDNESS)(JoeBiddin). A few of my good friends were also friends w/ this man so I said "what the heck". What could it hurt to befriend him. Turns out to be the biggest disappointment in my bidding history. After a couple of mths and thousands of dollars tyring to establish my name, I began to question his practices and his excuses... week after week..something different as to why we weren't receiving our wins. I caught him in a lie about a mth ago. He never ordered the purses I won. He said he had ordered them weeks prior. I phoned the actual Gucci and LV store he makes his purchases from. No orders had been placed and in fact the Gucci was "in stock" for more than a year. That particular item was won on 2/18. Of course I called him on it and he eventually admitted the lie. Even after this blatant lake of respect for me, I gave him the opportunity to do right. This is business..nothing more, nothing less. You want to get personal by treating your "friends" this way.. so be it. And how dare you write checks to paypal to cover charge-backs only to be bounced.
    L
  • ggraham
    Posted Image
    • 7 posts

May 15, 2012 3:30:59 PM EDT

Quote Report

Sorry for all the trouble to whoever played here.. i live in orlando and here is the number to them if you need it

Orlando police dept.
    non-emergency 321-235-5300
    Information Desk: 407-246-2470

glad i never bidded there
    good luck to you all
  • canttouchthis
    Posted Image
    • 5 posts

May 15, 2012 3:33:31 PM EDT

Quote Edit Delete

Thank you Ggraham! Later I'll try to get around to posting the FBI info and other places to contact to report the illegal activity of Raging Bid for anyone who is interested.
  • MEANBIDNESS
    Posted Image
    • 4 posts

May 15, 2012 3:37:08 PM EDT

Quote Report

Thank you ggraham.
  • MEANBIDNESS
    Posted Image
    • 4 posts

May 15, 2012 3:38:57 PM EDT

Quote Report

Another interesting tidbit. I won a autographed football signed by Tim Tebow. I got the ball but not certification. I have repeatedly asked for it with promises that it's in the mail. This autograph looks different than what is on our signed jersey. We may just have this authenticated. If it proves to be a fake...

This post was edited by MEANBIDNESS at May 15, 2012 3:38:57 PM EDT
  • ggraham
    Posted Image
    • 7 posts

May 15, 2012 3:38:58 PM EDT

Quote Report

funny thing i just looked up their address and i was about 1000ft from their location yesterday.. should stop by and say HI. lol

This post was edited by ggraham at May 15, 2012 3:38:58 PM EDT
  • MEANBIDNESS
    Posted Image
    • 4 posts

May 15, 2012 3:42:35 PM EDT

Quote Report

According to discovery by someone else Graham, you'd be looking at a golf store.
  • ggraham
    Posted Image
    • 7 posts

May 15, 2012 3:44:06 PM EDT

Quote Report

yeah wouldnt surprise me if they used a different address also
  • ItsMINEnow
    Posted Image
    • 13 posts

May 15, 2012 3:58:06 PM EDT

Quote Report

I'm going to type up my saga in word and post...Stay tuned...

Where do I begin…..

In April of 2011, I placed my first bid on Ragingbid. After reading the highly recommended reviews by many of the bidders here, I was under the assumption that Ragingbid was a highly regarded site. The first time I purchased multiple bid packs, I received a telephone call from Scott Matthews, owner of Ragingbid. At the time , I thought it quite odd that a site owner would be calling me to introduce himself.

Throughout the course of a year, I have participated in over 280 auctions, took part in many of the promotions and socialized with many of Ragingbid’s bidders, which was encouraged by Scott himself. I have spoken to Scott on the phone on an almost daily basis. Yes at first I thought it a bit strange to have so much interaction with a site owner but, I liked him and considered him a good friend. He would call me to discuss many things. I even helped with several of the promotions and organized and created several spreadsheets for him. Like I said, I considered him a friend and I trusted him.

I started to run into problems in the beginning of March. Items I won were just taking a bit too long to receive. Things were not being shipped in the order I paid for them and it was starting to become a bit messy for my tastes.

The first email I sent to them was on March 7th. It was for some missing gift cards that I didn’t receive. I was told they were going to look into it and get back to me. At that point in time I always received everything I won on a regular basis, so I didn’t think much about it. A month goes by, the second email goes out asking them if they found any information on the missing items. It was all very friendly. This is when the excuses and lies started.

I have heard, many, many, many excuses and lies as to why my items were delayed. It was shipped, however no tracking number. The office was moved because Al Sharpton rented an office across from their complex and a certain militia group were harassing the girls, problems with Icard, problems with Discover card, Bid-bob bidders, they had to buy out another investor, his Uncle died, blah, blah, blah, blah. These things were just not said to me, they were told to everyone else and posted on mysocialbull.com. Everything but the obvious truth. Nothing was shipped. Any experienced bidder would have run from this site MONTHS before I reached my breaking point. At that point, he owed me well over $14k worth of merchandise and gift cards. The stories became more and more outlandish. I felt, and rightly so, that anything coming from his mouth was untrustworthy.

So I did a little searching myself and I didn’t like what I saw. Not AT ALL. I won’t discuss it here, but it is all readily available, you just have to look for it. At that point, I could no longer trust him. He owed me way too much money. I voiced my concerns to Scott or rather other bidders, which I spoke to about my concerns, spoke to Scott and any relationship with him ceased to exist. Other bidders were in the same position I was in. Enough was enough. I wanted what was due to me. Items were approaching 60 days old.

I started to voice my concerns publicly. I couldn’t understand why he was giving away hundreds of dollars every week in promotions while he owed bidders auction wins! I was met with promises and the threats. Posts were censored and Scott called every bidder on the phone he could possibly talk to and told them a ton of lies about me to try and bring them over to “his side”. Some of the things he was saying were utterly and completely outrageous. Telling people I was going to be sued for slander, which by the way, I really hope happens. I can’t wait to deposition all the people he himself and I spoke to, (which by the way I do have all those messages saved) under the threat of perjury. He disclosed numerous tidbits of personal information about me and my bidding account. All because I dared ask for what I was entitled to. I’m not a charity and I’m certainly not a loan company. All I wanted what was owed to me and that’s it.

I gave him ample opportunity to do what was right before I resorted to filing chargebacks, however I reached my breaking point when he banned me from mysocialbull.com because I demanded to know when he would be shipping my merchandise. I filed my chargebacks last week. 44 total. As you can imagine, it’s quite a bit. Listed below is what he currently owes me.

Paid 02/20/2012 Trip to Las Vegas, Auction #23905
    Paid 03/03/2012, Apple Macbook Pro, Auction #24300
    Paid 03/07/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #24563
    Paid 03/09/2012, $150 Gift Card, Auction #24685
    Paid 03/13/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction#24735
    Paid 03/13/2012, $50 Gift Card, Auction #24784
    Paid 03/13/2012, HP Slate Computer, Auction $24910
    Paid 03/26/2012, Toshiba Satellite Laptop, Auction #24515
    Paid 03/31/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26080
    Paid 04/01/2012, Fujutsu Tablet, Auction #26176
    Paid 04/01/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction#26215
    Paid 04/03/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26314
    Paid 04/07/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26364
    Paid 04/07/2012, Sony Wi-Fi Tablet, Auction # N/A (didn’t write this one down)
    Paid 04/12/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26719
    Paid, 04/12/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26731
    Paid, 04/12/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26819
    Paid, 04/12/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #26900
    Paid, 04/13/2012, $150 Gift Card, Auction #27010
    Paid, 04/15/2012, $200 Gift Card, Auction #27132
    Paid, 04/17/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #27217
    Paid, 04/18/2012, Beats Pro Headphones, Auction #27312
    Paid, 04/22/2012, $50 Gift Card, Auction #27440
    Paid, 04/22/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #27448
    Paid, 04/22/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #27507
    Paid, 04/23/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #27550
    Paid, 04/23/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #27591
    Paid, 04/23/2012, $100 Gift Card, Auction #27620
    Paid, 04/24/2012, Dyson Vacuum, Auction #27679
    Paid, 04/28/2012, $100 Gift Card, Auction #27746
    Paid, 04/28/2012, $75 Gift Card, Auction #27843
    Paid, 04/28/2012, Kindle Fire, Auction #27909
    Paid, 04/30/2012, $100 Gift Card, Auction #27934
    Paid, 04/30/2012, $100 Gift Card, Auction #28015

Several days after the chargebacks were filed, I was surprised to see that he approved the refunds! I thought, GREAT!! I don’t have to fight anymore, I can just move on. However, I really did have a terrible feeling. The refunds were pending funding of his Paypal account via a bank transfer until May 15th.

Yesterday, I received 38 emails from Paypal. All 38 of the approved refunds were returned due to NSF. Paypal advised me to contact my local police department, which I have done and now it will be taken to the next level. I have also filed fraud reports with the ICA, BBB of Orlando, and the Attorney General of Florida. But by no means is this over. I have appointments next week and if I have to, I will fly to Orlando and make a police report there in person. But somehow, depending on my appointments next week, I don’t think it will be necessary.

This post was edited by ItsMINEnow at May 15, 2012 3:58:06 PM EDT
  • ItsMINEnow
    http://www.thebidlounge.com/social/public/user/1000000/1000/29/460.jpg?c=9771
    • 13 posts

May 15, 2012 5:19:19 PM EDT

Quote Report

And by the way, the above doesn't include any of the promotion and or trivia wins he owes me.

$510 in gift cards
    All expenses paid trips to the World Series and Superbowl. And a Macbook pro. I don't expect to see those at all.
  • BidRidder
    http://www.thebidlounge.com/social/public/user/d3/83/8350_3d3c.jpg?c=2c34
    • 13 posts

May 15, 2012 5:32:14 PM EDT

Quote Report

Just to save time in a nutshell I have not received 4 items,, filed charge backs today.
  • SassyMe
    http://www.thebidlounge.com/social/public/user/65/87/86de_484b.jpg?c=5566
    • 244 posts

May 15, 2012 8:51:34 PM EDT

Quote Report

I was lucky enough to be on vacation for 3 weeks in April and thank GOD i couldn't access the site overseas to pay for the last actions I had pending before leaving...The acceptance period expired on those. I even sent them an email asking them to please allow me to pay for them...Thank God they didn't do it. I only had to file 8 chargebacks. One of them was for the Discover card fees that were supposed to be refunded but they never did it. They also owe me a few promotion wins including an Xbox 360 that I won on March. I was a Shopping Member and did tons of shopping through their Blukos site. I never got the bids or the rewards attached to those purchases. I should have done them through Mypoints.com...LOL!

Well, the last post on TBL cost me access to the site (ragingbid.com) I was suspended by Ragingbid.com for violations of terms, conditions and policies and/or rules. Ha! All I did was file chargebacks before loosing it all...How is that violating their terms? Was I supposed to "donate" my money to them? I told Paypal that I was going to be banned from the site once they found out that I filed the chargebacks. It didn't take long...I guess I was right! And, I was patiently waiting until I saw the posts on TBL. I was still giving him the benefit of the doubt even when they stopped responding to my emails/tickets.
SassyMe *heart*

canttouchthis220
  • canttouchthis220
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Don't feel alone Sassy, ItsMineNow4Real and I were both banned immediately as well. He's working hard to silence everyone but there are too many to be silenced. Thank you for speaking out today. I know how hard it is when you're hoping that you'll still get something even though deep down you know it's a lost cause.

rossmoor
  • rossmoor
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I appreciate the posts above. Canttouchthis and Itsminenow messages were so easy to understand and very thoughtful. I too am a ragingbid member who bid and won many many expensive items. I have at least $15,000 in won items that were never delivered to me,including a $2300 Dell XPS 3D computer dating back to February 10, 2012. Other won auctions that were not delivered include: iMac Desktop, LV Menilmontant, LV Tivoli, LV Artsy, LV Pouchette,iPad, Gift Cards, Dell computer, Lenovo computer, Margarita Maker. As Claudia (Itminenow)stated above, I also won a Las Vegas trip and also a trip to he World Series that I have not included in my total. To win a Sports contest at ragingbid, a bidder had to purchase a bid pack multiplier. Winner's can spend thousands of dollars just to stay in the contest. Claudia's experience is very similar to mine and like her, I just want what is due me. I am an honest person and never thought that any one would take my money and keep it without any regard to how it affects me. I am very upset that Ragingbid.com is still selling bid packs and running auctions. Regards, FASTHORSE1- Diana Mc

badeacon
  • badeacon
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

I wondered why a lot of the big winners from last several months were not bidding and now see they are not receiving their wins.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

The plot seems to be thickening... Seems like RagingBid really is in financial troubles.

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Wow. I didn't know he owed you too Fasthorse. And you're even worse off then me!. This is bad. I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner. All the signs were there. This is just sad.

canttouchthis220
  • canttouchthis220
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Thanks to those of you have spoken out and told your stories. I know personally how difficult it can be to do so when you keep hoping that if you just stay quiet and play along that you'll eventually receive your goods. Today should be the day Paypal makes another attempt to withdraw money from his account to settle my disputes. I highly doubt there are funds there to cover them given all the insufficient funds fees he wracking up. I've got 17 individual refunds and, if I remember correctly, Claudia has 38. Lord only knows how many Diana has! By my estimation that's nearly $5k in fees from his bank since last Thursday. I feel sorry for those he keeps pulling in who have no idea that they're throwing their money to the wind.:frown:

Edited by canttouchthis220, 17 May 2012 - 02:46 PM.

JoeBiddin
  • JoeBiddin
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I have 22 myself, totaling thousands.. :(

JoeBiddin
  • JoeBiddin
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

And that's not including the ones I filed w/ my cc, the wins prior to 45 days that I did not receive.

canttouchthis220
  • canttouchthis220
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Here's a new development in my outstanding cases...

Yesterday, the OWNER of RB disputed two of my more recent items which I responded to with links to the forum sites where these issues are being discussed. This morning paypal decided in my favor! Shortly thereafter, I received a response on a third one that the OWNER had just responded to with Paypal asking for me to take action. I contacted Paypal by phone because I wasn't certain how to respond with all the facts on their form and explained that the giftcard I had received was for other outstanding auctions and not the one (which was from mid-april) that was indicated. I further explained that the gift certificate email did not indicate auction numbers and it only made sense they would be applied to the furthest outstanding auctions since it wasn't indicated otherwise. Paypal made an immediate decision and decided in my favor.

The representative I spoke to also said that RagingBid is being investigated by PayPal's fraud unit. She also confirmed that yesterday's withdrawal from RB's accounts on my disputes was initiated but they won't know for a few days if they will clear. So, for those of you following this saga, that's the latest.

canttouchthis220
  • canttouchthis220
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Moving servers, big surprises, exciting announcements...because if I were accused of unethical practices, I'd certainly pick now to do those things.

I think a more accurate announcement would have been that paypal has stopped accepting payments on the site's behalf and until the owner can find a way out of the mess he's created he can no longer do business.

Case in point: http://s1061.photobu...65/wilsoncl220/

badeacon
  • badeacon
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

canttouchthis220 Do you think the people posting on MySocialBull and showing auctions received are real? they started this the last several days.

canttouchthis220
  • canttouchthis220
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

canttouchthis220 Do you think the people posting on MySocialBull and showing auctions received are real? they started this the last several days.

Actually, yes. Of the two that posted I can say they are definitely real people. Now, do I think those posts are a ploy to instill confidence in the members? Absolutely. If you look at the five photos posted, three were taken in early April. The iCard ones are particularly old as those stopped being sent out in February when the switch was made to Amazon or the Blukos Discover card (if you had it). The other two Amazon ones I would bet are from a few weeks ago. As for the Tiffany necklace, I have no reason to doubt she received it but I believe she is also TriviaBull which means the OWNER has a vested interested in keeping her happy to continue the facade that everything is fine. A win here or there paid to those who will believe anything the OWNER feeds them is the only PR he's got left.

Now, if you were asking about fictitious bidders...lol

Cbaraglia
  • Cbaraglia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I think I can answer this one. It looks like there were only 2 posts in which people received won items, some of the other posts are people reposting their old receipts. One of them is Trivia Bull's husband. I'm speculating that these were done to appease the remaining supporters because I'm still receiving messages from other bidders, who didn't file chargebacks, yet, stating Ragingbid still owes them for items as far back as February.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users