Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Jun 24 2012 06:00 PM

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Perhaps you're here now and wondering why we keep going down. Over the past few months Penny Auction Watch has been attacked via Distributed Denial of Service attacks on a very consistent basis. We were on an anti-DDoS server, which someone stepped up to helped me with, but I can not no longer afford to keep it on due to these attacks, but even then the firewall had been blocking legitimate users. This week I migrated the site to another host and ever since on a daily basis we have been under attack. I am not sure how much longer this site will stay up because there is someone out there that is very persistently wanting us down. So, I just wanted to let you guys know what has been happening in case anyone is here that really even cares anymore. I've learned a lot over the years, but due to these attacks and the cost to even keep the site going I am not sure what to do. It just goes to show that you can work very hard for something and it can just be taken away and destroyed. We're up right now, but since this attack is now on a daily basis, well, there will continue to be limited access and I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do to stop this.

A $500 Reward Will Be Given to Whoever Provides Evidence Leading to a Conviction in This Very Constant, Malicious Attack.

Thanks for your support over the years.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

Empiricist
  • Empiricist
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

PAW
I cannot THANK YOU enough, for your continued perseverance and commitment to consumer well being.
If these attackers (affiliated with some Auction's? or Auction software developers, or bot-script writers?, or Whoever)had a fraction of the dedication to public well being as you do- the attacks would stop. Is there not an appropriate agency, group business support association that can step in to assist? Sadly, if the US's CIA was subjected to successful DDoS hack attacks in the past 60 days, then I fear a group such as PAW is up against substantial Internet - Terrorism. If there's anything the members can do to assist; please post and keep us updated?!
For many PA bidders, your services have been a godsend. The dialogues in the past between PA site owners, managers, workers and the bidding public/consumer here on the forum is of great assistance.
Im surely not alone in my admiration. Your members are behind you and your efforts!

"To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough"

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

PAW
I cannot THANK YOU enough, for your continued perseverance and commitment to consumer well being.
If these attackers (affiliated with some Auction's? or Auction software developers, or bot-script writers?, or Whoever)had a fraction of the dedication to public well being as you do- the attacks would stop. Is there not an appropriate agency, group business support association that can step in to assist? Sadly, if the US's CIA was subjected to successful DDoS hack attacks in the past 60 days, then I fear a group such as PAW is up against substantial Internet - Terrorism. If there's anything the members can do to assist; please post and keep us updated?!
For many PA bidders, your services have been a godsend. The dialogues in the past between PA site owners, managers, workers and the bidding public/consumer here on the forum is of great assistance.
Im surely not alone in my admiration. Your members are behind you and your efforts!

"To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough"

Thank you so much, I appreciate it! :)

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users