Started by sturcol , Jul 04 2012 05:54 PM

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

sturcol
  • sturcol
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I recently got ripped off by these thieves. I have now started to get my own back by making as many people as possible aware of their activities. The start was a complaint to Dorset Trading Standards. See the PDF file: http://freepdfhostin.../bd25d59226.pdf

I urge anyone who has fallen victim to these con artists to start the ball rolling by making a complaint to their own trading standards authority as soon as possible and to try and get the money that has been stolen from them back. I paid them by Visa Debit, so I am now going through the process of getting a chargeback: http://whatconsumer....bit-chargeback/

Regards to all.

Colin

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Read this http://www.pennyauct...a-co-uk-review/ Does it indicate employee/insider shill bidding?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Welcome to PAW Sturcol!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

sturcol
  • sturcol
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Read this http://www.pennyauct...a-co-uk-review/ Does it indicate employee/insider shill bidding?

I'm not sure what that is, but I will read your link and let you know.

Cheers.

sturcol
  • sturcol
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

This is the response from Dorset Trading Standards:

Dear sturcol

I have received your complaint regarding www.ziinga.com and thank you for passing it on to us.

Having looked into this company it appears that they are using addresses based in the British Virgin Islands and they may also have links to Malta. As such it is very hard for us to be able to take any action into the way that they conduct their business as we do not have any jurisdiction in either of these locations.

However, I will be reporting the matter to the Office of Fair Trading and I will be in contact if they need any further information.

With regards to the money taken from your account, I suggest that you contact your bank and inform them that you signed up for this 7-day free trial and show them the evidence of this and ask for 'chargeback'. If you look for this on the internet then there are explanations of how this works and also letters that you can complete to send to your bank stating that you did not receive the goods that were ordered, and you cancelled within the 7 day time frame so the money has been taken fraudulently.

I wish you well in your course of action and shall contact you in the future if I need any further details.

Regards

XXX
Trading Standards Enforcement Officer
Colliton Annexe
Colliton Park
Dorchester
DT1 1XJ

timmason
  • timmason
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Yea, Ziinga is another one of those sites which have a complicated system. A good rule of thumb would be to stay away from sites with subscriptions. I was nearly stung by those guys.

I clicked on a banner add advertising free bid auctions and was taken to a page where I can bid on half decent items, like an older type clam shell phone and various other low value items. I chose to bid for the phone and won it for $0.05, I was asked to register and for my delivery details, they added $10 for shipping, which I'm ok with, but then I noticed in very small fine print (I mean small, barely readable) that I will be charged a $59.99 subscription fee. Good thing I saw that, I was about to click the pay button.

Everyone needs to be told about these guys, very dishonest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users