Background Image

anyone know anything about "thegreatpennyauction.com" ? bots/shill?

Started by alhovi , Jul 28 2012 04:53 PM
bots new auction site shill bidding

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

alhovi
  • alhovi
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey everyone,

Just a little background on myself, I've been in the penny auction scene for a few years now, Been burned buy shill/bot bids and had my fair share of wins as well.

a couple of days ago I had a friend tell me about a site he had won some items on so i figured i'd check it out.
did a little research on it and couldn't find much of anything about the site. They use paypal for payment so i figured i'd take the gamble.

last night/this morning I've sunk in about 1000 bids into a TV here:
http://www.thegreatp...t-TV-Black-9785

I went to bed with the bid buddy set, when i got up this morning, i started looking into the bidding history of the auction and I'm finding a few patterns

#1. when i have a bid buddy set up, it bids in at about 28 seconds, whenever any of the other bid buddies bids it's always at 4 sec.
#2. there are about 7 "people" that are "single bidding" on the item over night (10 hours)
#3. whenever there IS another bid buddy set up by someone else, it is always only for 1 or 2 bids.... i think i saw 3 bids one time.
#4. in the rules it says plane as day (

Only 1 win is allowed per 28 days on items with a value price $1,000.00 or greater

) yet still, i see users that have won $1000+ auctions in the last week bidding on this one.

Roger64 - LG 47: LED - $1200 value - ended 7/27/12
WetWillie - Samsung PN64E8000 - $3949.99 Value - ended 7/26/12

I understand that there is a possibility that these people really are bidding on the item, and staying up all night bidding on a single item for 10 hours..... but it just doesn't seem likely.
I've been in the scene long enough to understand how "most" bidding patterns will go, especially over night...

So, i guess what i'm asking is, has anyone got any information on this site? anyone actually won a large item? at the time of posting this the auction is still up.

and if you do decide to join the site, let em know ahovi sent ya

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bots, new auction site, shill bidding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users