• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Posted Image
Have you bid on DealDash.com? Now may be the time to try this penny auction site out as bids are now $0.18 a piece for the next 36 hours. Click here to take advantage of this offer.

Attached Files

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

PulseAuction
  • PulseAuction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Whoa! Hold on there...

TNG (The New Guy) here from PULSE AUCTION.

I ran across this Penny Auction forum and I was really taken aback.

So 18 cents bids are special? Hmmm....well I suppose so.

If you are used to paying 60 cents a bid, yeah, you're right. 18 cents is a good deal, right?

Well Maybe not. What if you are used to not paying bid fees at all!

That's right...no bid fees. Not today, not tomorrow, not even next week!

Nope, look there is another way. And to be candid, we consider it the better way.

Here's what I mean. For example, the way we do things here at Pulse Auction is you buy what we call an Auction Unlock Key for a nominal fee. Often its only a $1.00 or $2.00. Then, you choose the auction you want. You unlock your auction with your key…then bid as often and as much as you want. With NO MORE BID FEES.!

Get it? Good! There you go…This FREE Public Service Announcement brought to you by Pulse Auction.

The home of the no bid fee auctions!

timmason
  • timmason
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Err, where do I start with Pulse auctions?

Let's start with the crappy interface, its very obvious you went to some cheap Indian penny auction script vendor. The site looks so bad its funny...lol

Secondly, how I judge a new site and its legitimacy by the viability of their business model. I have analyzed yours and it seems like your model is a loss making time, which makes it a high risk of having shill bids. No site exist to make a loss right? So how your site makes money is if more than 25 people pay the $1 "key" fee, then the key fee would pay for the auction and your profit would be the end price of the auction. Unfortunately from what i have been observing, you don't have that kind of traffic, which means your auctions are all running at a loss. A very and sign.

Couple that with a cheap script and I'm staying well clear of this one.

timmason
  • timmason
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Also, having auto bidders for auctions with free bids is just stupid, rational behaviour would dictate, people will bid up to the value of the auction minus the key fee. So its dumb, no chance for people to "get a good deal".

So for a $25 gift card with a key fee of $1, a rational person would bid for free up to $24. With the presence of the bid o matic feature, people can easiy do it. The fact thay i dont see this happen is setting off alarm bells, and its very suspicious.

PulseAuction
  • PulseAuction
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

err---- Where do you start ---
umm, here's where we start....

Thank you for your personal evaluation of our auction site and model.
We appreciate the fact that everyone is entitled to have and voice their opinion, but one should not be so quick to air their assumptions.

Although we typically do not defend or explain any "inner workings" in regard to PulseAuction but when someone posts blatantly false, inaccurate, assumptive and potential harmful information - well it's time for us to set the record straight, including YOUR record.

In your critique of our website, you think we have a "crappy interface that we went to some cheap Indian script vendor for" and that our site "looks so bad its funny lol" - We're fine with you having that opinion, but.... as far as our interface, site look and feel, well..... at times we all can use a face lift however, the site is solid, stable, secure, user friendly and not a cheap auction script. In fact 50% of our script is custom to accommodate our unique patent pending model.

With your analysis of PulseAuction's operations, if we didn't know the behind the scenes, we probably would agree with some of your assumptions but for the record here are some facts:

- PulseAuction has been open now over 2 years and yes....we still have not turned a profit... - Sometimes when we watch the auctions live, we cringe and hope someone jumps in so an auction will go a little higher...
- We do not and NEVER would consider using shill bids. NEVER HAVE and NEVER WILL... - We are struggling but have decided to stay open at a loss because we have too much invested to just walk away.
- Our (monthly) losses have become less & less and we are waiting for the final approval of our patent(s) which will allow us to seek out an angel investor for that much needed advertising funds which we lack.

You hit the nail on the head when you said we don't have the traffic we need to make a profit - We agree, when we reach the level of having 15 to 20 bidders in our auction is that point of being profitable yet not STEALING from bidders with their potential per bid expense as in other auction sites. We haven't given up on hope that we will achieve our goal (hopefully before we run out of money) to have 15 to 20 people in an auction and the have our products go for a greater value to our winners.

There are several new features we are working on right now, some that are too soon to announce - one of which we can announce is having the ability run auctions without having the "Bid-O-Matic" feature enabled of which could add additional "live" excitement, but that’s just one of the several new things coming down soon.

One final thing to keep in mind:
Our model of this unique penny auction is focused on the bidder not having to pay a per bid fee. Our site was designed with the bidders in mind..... think about it... We could have very easily not modified our software, ran a typical per-bid fee auction site and turned a profitable from day one but that’s just not our goal.

You said your alarm bells are set off - we challenge you to hit the snooze button, give us a try, then share your opinion once again.

Respectfully,
Rick Scherer President
Cindy Scherer Vice President

PS... To all those loyal bidders of PulseAuction.com, now is your chance for your voice to be heard..... Consider Stepping up to the plate and be heard!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coupon, dealdash, penny auction, promotion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users