Started by iwontgiveup , Feb 08 2013 05:48 PM

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Hello Everyone,

As of now, everything seems to be going according to plan. So, with that being said, we are still aiming to go ahead with our BETA Test this Sunday at 3PM EST (Eastern Standard Time).

We encourage everyone to come out and test our site and have some fun! There will be a total of 5 prizes to be won for FREE!

$50 Gift Card of User's Choice - x 2
$25 Gift Card of User's Choice - x 3

Winners will be chosen at random, to give all a fair chance at winning! However, in order to qualify, you must be present at the very beginning of the test until we're finished, and you must post some feedback either in the forums, or via our support email at support@gonzobidz.com.

Other than that, we welcome you all to come on by and just shoot some free bidz around for fun!

Beta Test is open to EVERYONE.

More details soon to come! Stay tuned! :)

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Hello everyone! Just a few details for today's BETA Test....

1. Just a reminder that it will start @ 3pm EST. And we will come on here to announce what we will be testing and to see if anyone has any comments.

2. The demo link for the BETA Test is: GonzoBidz Inc. - Penny Auction Entertainment Shopping!

3. Click on the REGISTER buttons to make your beta test account.

4. NOTE: This is just a BETA test to make sure all features are working, therefore you will see a lot of "place holder" data such as test images, text, links, etc...

5. NOTE: When you sign into your account, you will see "sdfgdf" on top of the Advertisement Bar, and the bottom border of the Advertisement bar is currently cut off. We are aware of these minor fixes, as our developers are just fine tuning the code for the Ad bar.

6. Your accounts and all data will be deleted once we deem the BETA test successfully complete, due to a sweep of the database. Therefore, for you Canadians, you will have to re-register once we go live.

7. If you do find a bug, the best way would probably be to email us at support@gonzobidz.com. If you have any images of your findings, please send as attachments.

We look forward to seeing everyone there! Thanks in advance to those who come out! :)

Cheers!

Human
  • Human
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

When registering I can't select any other state for shipping address besides Alaska and Alabama. Also said my first two emails I tried to register with were already in use.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

When registering I can't select any other state for shipping address besides Alaska and Alabama. Also said my first two emails I tried to register with were already in use.

Hello Human!

Our first round of Beta Testing is over.

In regards to your comment about Alaska and Alabama, it did not matter which state you chose for registration, because all accounts were going to be removed at the end of beta test anyway. We didn't populate all of the States into the drop down menu because we are only going to be open to Canadians when we launch.

In regards to the issue about the system saying your "email is already registered", this is a bug in the system we were unaware of and have made note of to send to our developers (along with any other issues found). This issue happened to about 6 other people and we are looking into getting it fixed. We have cleared out the database and removed all data/records in our admin panel, and it still occurred with your registration, therefore I assume it's something within the registration page coding.

Sorry for the inconvenience but thank you for making note of it. We will probably do round #2 of Beta Testing, if we feel we need to, after everything has been fixed. We'll keep everyone posted here.

Thanks again!
GonzoBidz Team.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Hello Human,

Our first round of Beta Testing is already over, so you were a tad late for registration.

In regards to your comment about the Alaska and Alabama states, it did not matter which state users chose, as we were wiping out the database when Beta Test was complete anyway. We also did not bother to populate the entire States list, because we will only be open to Canadians at the beginning of our launch. When we decide to expand to the US, we will include all applicable States.

In regards to your "email already in use" error, we apologize for that, but there seems to be a bug in the system during the registration process. This issue happened with about 5-6 other people as well, and we are looking into getting it fixed. Our database has been wiped clean, as well as all of our admin data/records, yet the issue still happened with your registration. Therefore, the bug is within the coding of the registration page/process. We have made note of it and have already passed it along to our developers to be fixed, along with any other issues that were found.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your input. If we feel we need a second round of Beta Testing, we will be posting details here, so be sure to check back.

Thanks Again,
GonzoBidz Team.

csri900
  • csri900
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Is this site open to US Bidders?I am from USA and would like to bid on this site

Hello Human,

Our first round of Beta Testing is already over, so you were a tad late for registration.

In regards to your comment about the Alaska and Alabama states, it did not matter which state users chose, as we were wiping out the database when Beta Test was complete anyway. We also did not bother to populate the entire States list, because we will only be open to Canadians at the beginning of our launch. When we decide to expand to the US, we will include all applicable States.

In regards to your "email already in use" error, we apologize for that, but there seems to be a bug in the system during the registration process. This issue happened with about 5-6 other people as well, and we are looking into getting it fixed. Our database has been wiped clean, as well as all of our admin data/records, yet the issue still happened with your registration. Therefore, the bug is within the coding of the registration page/process. We have made note of it and have already passed it along to our developers to be fixed, along with any other issues that were found.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your input. If we feel we need a second round of Beta Testing, we will be posting details here, so be sure to check back.

Thanks Again,
GonzoBidz Team.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Is this site open to US Bidders?I am from USA and would like to bid on this site

Hey there csri900!

When we launch, we will only be open to Canadians at first, but have plans to launch into the US shortly thereafter, if all goes according to plan. Will definitely keep everyone posted when we do. Thank you for your sincere interest in our site.

Sincerely,
GonzoBidz Team.

katy99
  • katy99
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Is GonzoBidz up and running?

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Hello Katy99

We are not currently up and running at this time. We are working out a few issues that are causing some delays. Once its green lit, we will inform everyone of our official launch date. Both Beta Tests that we've done were successful. We've encountered a couple issues with the help of our beta testers, and are working to ensure all is resolved and fully functional before we commit to any "go-live dates".

Thank you for your patience and understanding and we hope to see you around when we're up!

GonzoBidz Team.

Ian Fisher
  • Ian Fisher
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hello Katy99

We are not currently up and running at this time. We are working out a few issues that are causing some delays. Once its green lit, we will inform everyone of our official launch date. Both Beta Tests that we've done were successful. We've encountered a couple issues with the help of our beta testers, and are working to ensure all is resolved and fully functional before we commit to any "go-live dates".

Thank you for your patience and understanding and we hope to see you around when we're up!

GonzoBidz Team.

its been sooo long! dont you have even a tentative date?

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

its been sooo long! dont you have even a tentative date?

Indeed it has! We've seen far too many companies before us who have come here, setup a launch date, only to not follow through on it because they either didn't test the system and find loads of bugs/issues with their site's functionality or they rush into things too fast, just because they want to launch and start making money.

Of course we'd love to launch sooner rather than later, and yes it has been a quite a while, but because we want to ensure everything is done right the first time, we are trying not to rush things - which is also why we haven't mentioned any go-live dates or 'tentative dates' just yet.

Nice to know there's a bunch of you waiting for us though! :)

Ian Fisher
  • Ian Fisher
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Indeed it has! We've seen far too many companies before us who have come here, setup a launch date, only to not follow through on it because they either didn't test the system and find loads of bugs/issues with their site's functionality or they rush into things too fast, just because they want to launch and start making money.

Of course we'd love to launch sooner rather than later, and yes it has been a quite a while, but because we want to ensure everything is done right the first time, we are trying not to rush things - which is also why we haven't mentioned any go-live dates or 'tentative dates' just yet.

Nice to know there's a bunch of you waiting for us though! :)

Good Luck :)

corvetteking
  • corvetteking
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

so where all your auctions, you havnt packed up already have you

corvetteking
  • corvetteking
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

god, iwontgiveup, you could resell the thousands of things you have already won and make a small fortune, LOL!

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

so where all your auctions, you havnt packed up already have you

god, iwontgiveup, you could resell the thousands of things you have already won and make a small fortune, LOL!

Hey Corvetteking,

Sorry for the late response, it's been pretty hectic around here as of late. In regards to your comments, we haven't posted any auctions because we have not set a "go-live" date and we were also working out some last remaining bugs. We most certainly have not 'packed up', given that we've spent a looooong time developing our custom solution and have been excited to launch since Day 1. However, there's been an interesting turn of unexpected events that have occurred within the last couple weeks. Although nothing has been finalized as of yet, its becoming seemingly probable that we will never get to launch our 'baby' ourselves after all - as much as we were excited for it! We've entered into a negotiation deal with a buyer who is interested in purchasing our company! Details are still being talked out amongst us, and a bunch of paperwork and documentation is being processed and read through, but it's looking like the deal may be sealed off within the coming weeks. I have not yet had the chance to let anyone on here know, given that this is what has been making everything hectic around here, however, I did not want to full out declare anything until it is officially set in stone. That being said, the final decision is still up in the air as of now, but whatever the outcome is, I will be sure to let you all know.

In regards to your comment about the 'thousands of things I've won' - I am not sure exactly what you are talking about, but I am only assuming that you are talking about the auctions you've seen on APA. If so, then you are most likely looking at other peoples profiles as I have been out of the bidding scene for some time now. All of the sites I frequented are no longer around. It would be nice though, if it actually was me! :)

Cheers corvette!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users