Background Image

Penny Panda - Custom made script for sale (cost 42k to produce)

Started by Chris_pp , Feb 14 2013 09:23 PM
penny aucion script script invest selling

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Chris_pp
  • Chris_pp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Hi there!

It's been quite a while since I posted on these forums! Glad to see that a lots changed since then ;)

Anyway, as some of you might remember, I've been in the PA industry since last year. We developed our own script here in Quebec city with this agency: http://spektrummedia.com/en

You can also see it under Applications->Penny Panda

The design is really kick ass if you ask me.

That being said, the script and design of that website cost 42k to produce (we have all the detailed info of that price). It is using the latest technology and is really stable. We ran our Penny Auction with it for a bout 6 months, before we got out of the business. So we had WAY enough time to fix any issues the script could have.

You can see here our article that Amanda made for us back in 2011: http://www.pennyauct...-pennypanda-ca/

We are currently willing to let it go for WAY less than what we paid for it, since we have nothing to do with it anymore.

If you want more information about the script, technology used to develop it or discuss about a price, feel free to ask me and email me at c.lafontaine@netleaf.ca

Serious people only please.

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Hey Chris,

I always wondered where you guys went? What made you guys want to get out of the Penny Auction Industry? Seems like something totally uninterested you.

Chris_pp
  • Chris_pp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Hey !

Been a while since I saw your name. Makes me feel nostalgic in some way ;)

This project was REALLY expensive as we wanted to enter "big" in the PA industry. We also had a pretty nice budget only for the marketing and items part. Problem is, we did a BIG mistake. After only 3 months of running, we got contacted by a guy who wanted to invest in our company (big amount of money) and
also take part of it (took part in the marketing strategy of one of the current leader, but I don't want to tell name here). For some of our shareholders,
it was way to nice to be true. We decided to listen to them and made a counter offer which was WAY to much aggressive. The potential investor bailed
out... kind of insulted by the offer (which I totally understand).

By the mean time, already 2 months passed. 2 months in which we stopped doing any marketing effort since we were pretty sure we had a huge investor coming in
for our "new PA" model. The amount of money it cost us keeping up the business without any real marketing effort was too big and because of that, we had to
go out of business. Sadly, THAT was our mistake. Since then, I made new contacts in other kind of business (still in the internet market) and I decided to start new projects. Problem is, I'm still holding
this script which I think have some value for anyone who wants to stands out in the PA industry.

Lesson here: Never, ever, ever stop marketing effort even if you think "it's not worth it". Cause it is ;)

iwontgiveup
  • iwontgiveup
  • Members
  • 908 posts

Hey !

Been a while since I saw your name. Makes me feel nostalgic in some way ;)

This project was REALLY expensive as we wanted to enter "big" in the PA industry. We also had a pretty nice budget only for the marketing and items part. Problem is, we did a BIG mistake. After only 3 months of running, we got contacted by a guy who wanted to invest in our company (big amount of money) and
also take part of it (took part in the marketing strategy of one of the current leader, but I don't want to tell name here). For some of our shareholders,
it was way to nice to be true. We decided to listen to them and made a counter offer which was WAY to much aggressive. The potential investor bailed
out... kind of insulted by the offer (which I totally understand).

By the mean time, already 2 months passed. 2 months in which we stopped doing any marketing effort since we were pretty sure we had a huge investor coming in
for our "new PA" model. The amount of money it cost us keeping up the business without any real marketing effort was too big and because of that, we had to
go out of business. Sadly, THAT was our mistake. Since then, I made new contacts in other kind of business (still in the internet market) and I decided to start new projects. Problem is, I'm still holding
this script which I think have some value for anyone who wants to stands out in the PA industry.

Lesson here: Never, ever, ever stop marketing effort even if you think "it's not worth it". Cause it is ;)

Glad to hear back from ya! And thanks for responding!

With all said and done, it was an experience for you and all involved nonetheless. It's too bad that happened - you guys seemed pretty genuine and had a unique place in the penny auction industry.

I sincerely hope you do well in your future endeavors, and wish you the best of luck in selling your PA script. If I don't hear from or talk to you again, then farewell and God bless my friend.

Chris_pp
  • Chris_pp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

The script is still for sale. And yes, we are selling it for WAY less than what we paid to develop it. We've put it back online, so for any serious buyers, you can email me and I'll give you the login info so you can take a look at the admin panel.

As for the demo, it is available here: PennyPanda.ca | Penny auction website

As I said, serious buyer only. Thanks.

Best regards,

Chris

iBidSum
  • iBidSum
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Regarding your marketing efforts, if you don't mind me asking, what were you originally spending on marketing efforts prior to the investor contacting you?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: penny aucion, script, script invest, selling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users