Started by CherryPop , Apr 08 2013 11:59 PM

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

CherryPop
  • CherryPop
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I've been trying to connect to TheSmartBid.com for the last 2 days with no luck. Are there any TheSmartBid.com users out ther having the same problem?

laurakeppel
  • laurakeppel
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi CherryPop, I've also been having issues. I know that they have been having technical problems for about 2 months now but this time it is really bad. I was able to logon yesterday using my smartphone but when I tried this morning I could not get on. Not with the phone, the pc or the table.

I've tried emailing to the generic email address: support@thesmartbid.com, but all emails are returned as undeliverable. While logged on with my phone, I also sent an email using the help feature of the site. No replies to that email.

This is VERY unusual for Smartbid. I've been doing penny auctions for a few years and Smartbid has been the best of the dozen or so sites I've tried. Honest, dependable, great customer service (Nicole is just OUTSTANDING)...The last few months have been very frustrating with the network outages.

Anyone else with comments? Anyone know how to contact the powers that be? Anyone with any knowledge of what is going down at SmartBid?

Thanks.

laurakeppel
  • laurakeppel
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

CherryPop, I am also having issues connecting. The site is definitely down. The site is hosted by Metro Atlantic Communications and I've checked the web address and the server is NOT running. It appears as if email is also hosted on that server since all my emails have been returned as undeliverable. Being the smartbid addict that I am, I emailed Metro to see if they could enlighten me.

I have to say that this is very disappointing. This was the only pa site that I fully trusted. Nicole and the rest of the staff have always been top notch.

laurakeppel
  • laurakeppel
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

All--I was just able to log on to theSmartbid without any problem...and I see that there is another member logged on right now and actively bidding. Soooo, if you needed to protect your positions, better get in there:)

I have not, however, had any communication with the site owners/customer service. I am hoping that they can explain the recent issues the site seems to be having. Let's keep our fingers crossed that theSmartBid remains one of the best penny-auction sites out there.

CherryPop
  • CherryPop
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Thanks for the info. I thought it was just my computer connection. Was able to connect to TheSmartBid.com today. Hope their technical issues are resolved. Now, if I can only get my movie-dvd from Winnit.com. :) Looks like that's a whole nother issue.

Ian Fisher
  • Ian Fisher
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Even i cant connect! :(

laurakeppel
  • laurakeppel
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

All, TheSmartBid is back up and is working the way it should! For those of you who have not tried the site, they are offering 15% off bid packages. Just use the coupon code "SPRING" when buying a bid package and you are all set. If you are new, definitely go easy until you figure the site out. It is not your typical "press the bid button, press the bid button, press the bid button" site. Figure out your opponents. The site requires you to actually think...more fun the just pressing the bid button:)

www.thesmartbid.com and use the SPRING coupon when buying bids.

majhul
  • majhul
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

CherryPop, when was the last time you received items from Winnit? I now have items more than 6 months old. They're simply not shipping anything, and they're not responding to my support messages. I am wondering what your experience has been (I have a separate thread here about them not shipping).

Intowinn
  • Intowinn
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Hi, does anyone know how to contact the smartbid other than the email on their website? They won't answer my emails or anything..any help would be appreciated..thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users