• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Mikebgold
  • Mikebgold
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationStockport (UK)

Hi Guys I am new here and I do run a penny auction site in the UK, I am learning as I go and loving the experience so far.

I would just like to explain if you win an item we will ship to most countries. If you are outside the UK we may charge a shipping fee.

Alternatively you could us the sell back feature and we will send the money direct to your Paypal account.

Mike @ www.wedobid.com

Mikebgold
  • Mikebgold
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationStockport (UK)

We Guys 

Everything is going great just as we had planned. All won items have been shipped and delivered within 5 working days.We have had lots of great suggestions 

to make the website even better,one customer suggests making the auctions 24x7. What do you think about running auctions 24 hours a day?

Mike @ 

www.wedobid.com (UK)

Mikebgold
  • Mikebgold
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationStockport (UK)

Wow lots of sites giving gift cards for lots of different stores,

why not just give the cash to spend as and when the customer wants .

That's what we do @  www.wedobid.com    ;) 

Approved Vendor
  • Approved Vendor
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Wow lots of sites giving gift cards for lots of different stores,

why not just give the cash to spend as and when the customer wants .

That's what we do @  www.wedobid.com    ;) 

Because in America, there is a legal issues for selling currency at a less than equivalent  value.   So when you get a bid on a Cash auction, and then ask the bidder to pay the final auction prices, say $3.00 for $25 cash; that is against the law technically.   There are a lot of sites that have done this in the past, but many do not know the legality of doing as such.

"I think I should make myself clear on something. On the phone when we last spoke I gave you verbal authorization to use the base script (telebid auction script) in your current system. When I get a chance I will send you written authorization. I will however never offer you the services of my design or coding team as I may re-enter the script market again and this would create a conflict of interest. "  per email from Josh McDonald  11/20/2011

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

just wondering if i register and win a auction can you ship the item to America or buy from amazon? or any other way to deliver the goods?

• Mikebgold likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mikebgold
  • Mikebgold
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationStockport (UK)

Because in America, there is a legal issues for selling currency at a less than equivalent  value.   So when you get a bid on a Cash auction, and then ask the bidder to pay the final auction prices, say $3.00 for $25 cash; that is against the law technically.   There are a lot of sites that have done this in the past, but many do not know the legality of doing as such.

Thank you for this I will contact our solicitors about this and find out if its the same from the UK.

Mikebgold
  • Mikebgold
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationStockport (UK)

just wondering if i register and win a auction can you ship the item to America or buy from amazon? or any other way to deliver the goods?

Hi Janyce.

Yes we do ship within the US from Amazon .

Mike @wedobid.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users