bidcactus scam bad customer service BBB

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Nabber
  • Nabber
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

It's been a couple of years since I bid on any Penny Auctions and thought I would give Bidcactus another go at it. In 2010 I didn't have a problem with them so I thought I would go with them again.

I am fully aware that when you bid on a penny auctions site you run the risk of a site owner scamming you by using bots to run up your price. I am aware that you are really paying more than a penny when you place a bid. 

So getting past all that what I didn't think was happening was that Bidcactus just plain flat out does not ship the items to you. I won several auctions last November and December and decided hold off with anymore until I receive my first win. (should be up to 15 days, five days for the e-cards code to be emailed to you)

Two months later and a few emails back and forth they are still claiming backed up shipping. I checked the BBB on them and there are over 150 complaints against them about not shipping out items, bots and rude customer service just to name a few things. They say that they updated their shipping and are still trying to ship items out from a year ago. WHAT??? A year ago? Still trying to catch up? 

I have been getting the same story from bidders everywhere on the internet about Bidcactus and not shipping items. I came back here to see what bidders have to say and after searching a couple of week on PAW I don't see anything about Bidcactus and within the last year. All I did was Google Bidcactus and viola it's all there. 

The last couple of days they have taken down all their large ticket items and selling mostly bidpacks and mostly $10 items and gift cards. All their auctions start at 1 hour and I am hoping that this is a sign that they are going to go out of business. 

Any others out in PAW land that has an issue with Bidcactus respond here and see if we can get our items shipped to us.

Approved Vendor
  • Approved Vendor
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Surely not a good sign for them.  Looking like the next  "for 10Cents" and 'BidSauce'..

"I think I should make myself clear on something. On the phone when we last spoke I gave you verbal authorization to use the base script (telebid auction script) in your current system. When I get a chance I will send you written authorization. I will however never offer you the services of my design or coding team as I may re-enter the script market again and this would create a conflict of interest. "  per email from Josh McDonald  11/20/2011

IwasFIRST
  • IwasFIRST
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

It's been a couple of years since I bid on any Penny Auctions and thought I would give Bidcactus another go at it. In 2010 I didn't have a problem with them so I thought I would go with them again.

I am fully aware that when you bid on a penny auctions site you run the risk of a site owner scamming you by using bots to run up your price. I am aware that you are really paying more than a penny when you place a bid. 

So getting past all that what I didn't think was happening was that Bidcactus just plain flat out does not ship the items to you. I won several auctions last November and December and decided hold off with anymore until I receive my first win. (should be up to 15 days, five days for the e-cards code to be emailed to you)

Two months later and a few emails back and forth they are still claiming backed up shipping. I checked the BBB on them and there are over 150 complaints against them about not shipping out items, bots and rude customer service just to name a few things. They say that they updated their shipping and are still trying to ship items out from a year ago. WHAT??? A year ago? Still trying to catch up? 

I have been getting the same story from bidders everywhere on the internet about Bidcactus and not shipping items. I came back here to see what bidders have to say and after searching a couple of week on PAW I don't see anything about Bidcactus and within the last year. All I did was Google Bidcactus and viola it's all there. 

The last couple of days they have taken down all their large ticket items and selling mostly bidpacks and mostly $10 items and gift cards. All their auctions start at 1 hour and I am hoping that this is a sign that they are going to go out of business. 

Any others out in PAW land that has an issue with Bidcactus respond here and see if we can get our items shipped to us.

I like you was out of bidding for awhile, and came back to give Bidcactus.com a try again. I came back end of Nov, have won and paid for many items and haven't received one! And not looking good on the site either, with no REAL items being auctioned, just bids. Not to mention I had a bunch of bids I can't use also. RealIwasFirst

chefzac
  • chefzac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

The inevitable has happened, Bidcactus has shut down.  It was just a matter of time as we have been watching the site go downhill for the last couple of years.  I do feel bad for any business that fails but BC just allowed it all to fall apart.  They had a good concept at first that seemed to be working well.  They tried to reformat the site and re-invent the wheel several times which didn't work in their favor.  I am still owed items that they never shipped me and obviously now I just accept as a loss.  Funny how they sold out to Beezid and transferred everyone's bids over to Beezid.  Now everyone that was a big fish in the little Bidcactus pond will get swallowed up by the sharks in the Beezid Ocean.  Good luck to Kip and the rest of the BC crew that had a great PA site and turned it into the mess it ended up as :(

dpennybidder
  • dpennybidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Dissapointed to see this site shut down Never had incredible luck besides winning the beginner auctions. Knew they were backed up shipping and luckily avoided it. I used to love staying up and having a site to play on all night long. Could win the expert auctions if you are bid locked.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bidcactus, scam, bad customer service, BBB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users