Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Oct 15 2009 05:02 AM
biddango new penny auction

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

My question is are they even a Paypal aproved Penny Autions site or are they just flying by the seat of their pants like so many sites curently till paypal freezes their account. I was asked to file a paypal claim however Biddango wanted me to pay them before I was reimburesed by paypal, like that is going to happen... NOT

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

My question is are they even a Paypal aproved Penny Autions site or are they just flying by the seat of their pants like so many sites curently till paypal freezes their account. I was asked to file a paypal claim however Biddango wanted me to pay them before I was reimburesed by paypal, like that is going to happen... NOT

This looks like another start up site that just don't have the finances to run the site in the first place, then when something like this happens they are broke, and we get screwed.
And yes they wanted me to do the same as you.

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

You are totally right....

I think that the sites should probably state somewhere who the paypal payments are supposed to be going to, so we can watch.

But yes, the sites should be responsible for maintaining site security, and if that is breached, it is by no way the fault of the user.

I probably wouldn't do business with them in the future, not just because of security issues, but also because of the way that they handle their customers when "it" hits the fan.

Thanks I agree.

As of this point I have no future with this site, because if they have a problem they don't seem to have the finances to fix it.
To many of these new sites seem not have enough money to run the site in the first place.
We are seeing it more and more.

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

i got this email too. i am so sorry rwb and btw for your loss .

monika

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

They wanted me to work with paypal to get my money back then send it to them, but at this point I still haven't received all my money back.

I would have to say at this point beware.
When you sign up on a secure site and win and pay for items it should not be the customers problem to spend hours of their time to try to get their money back, this was a issue with bidango not me.

I would imagine that you had to deal with PayPal yourself because Roderic never received the payment. He couldn't dispute the transaction if he never received it in the first place. I know it must be a terrible inconvenience for you, but from my experience with PayPal there was probably no other way to do it.

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

I would imagine that you had to deal with PayPal yourself because Roderic never received the payment. He couldn't dispute the transaction if he never received it in the first place. I know it must be a terrible inconvenience for you, but from my experience with PayPal there was probably no other way to do it.

They told me they are dealing with the fraud department.

Communication has been poor and I have dealt with paypal before myself and thet are a pain in the you now what.
But as I said when you log on a secure site and pay thru their site then 3 days later this happens.
It becomes a issue of taking care of the customer in which they have failed, I haven't posted about this hoping it could be taken care of in which it still might be.

But I felt members need to be warned about this that's the bottom line.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

[quote name='rwb63']
I have dealt with paypal before myself and thet are a pain in the you now what.
[QUOTE]

You can say that again!

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Just a update

So far paypal has told me i'm not getting part of money back even though part of it has been refunded.

As for Roderic I have not head from him for a week I do know some of the members are biddango supporters, but as this point the communication has been poor due to this issue.

At this point it looks as if I'm out of money and items due to this site issue and it looks as though the site can't afford to make it right. If they were truly worried about their customers there would be more effort put into helping them even a phone call.

As I said when we log onto a site we need to be able to trust that our money and personal info is secure,I do feel bad for what happened to them, but it's up to them to have better security on the site.

I do not recommend this site, and all users should use it at their own risk.

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Roderic did email me a few day's ago and we work out a fair solution to the issues for both of us.
I feel he was honest and fair and happy to see a site willing to work out problems.
Communication is the best policy and for the most part problems can be resolved with it.

Bottom line is the right thing was done.

I do thank him for that.

I will post when I receive my items

Edited by rwb63, 17 December 2009 - 04:07 AM.

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Received my items over the weekend.

Fast shipping

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Roderic -- Could we please have an update on the status of Biddango? Makes me nervous when I have bids tied up and nothing has been going on since the end of November. Hope all is well!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biddango, new penny auction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users