Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Oct 15 2009 05:02 AM
biddango new penny auction

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

The autobidder does not update as the auction goes on, and there is no way of deleting it. I did not want the card I was just trying to get it high enough (above the reserve for one of the other PAW folks to win and now I cannot delete it

LOL well you got it anyway :) I don't like when you can't get rid of your autobidder. another site does that too and it drives me nuts.

Biddango
  • Biddango
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

The autobidder does not update as the auction goes on, and there is no way of deleting it. I did not want the card I was just trying to get it high enough (above the reserve for one of the other PAW folks to win and now I cannot delete it

Can you explain further what you mean by it not updating? I'm not sure I understand.
Visit Biddango. - Where you can save money AND make money at the same time!

Free T-Shirt when you buy a BidPack!

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

i was wondering why you were biding on it btw not you style well i take it lol

monika

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

When the autobider bids it does not update the info in my autobidder

And what about the no reserve under $50 on that 1st bid pack

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

also when an auction ends it refreshes the whole page when you are in the middle of another auction it is aggrevating and you might loose .

monika

Biddango
  • Biddango
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

When the autobider bids it does not update the info in my autobidder

And what about the no reserve under $50 on that 1st bid pack

Ok, let me relay that to my programmer, and hopefully he can fix that. Did you try refresh the page?

On the reserve for the bidpack, that was my mistake. There shouldn't have been one. Sorry about that. We'll get better each day and minimize those types of mistakes.

Roderic

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Freaky watching bidtowin bid against bid2win! Is that you again, Bloo?

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

Ok, let me relay that to my programmer, and hopefully he can fix that. Did you try refresh the page?

On the reserve for the bidpack, that was my mistake. There shouldn't have been one. Sorry about that. We'll get better each day and minimize those types of mistakes.

Roderic

The auto bidder will update after you refresh the page but that's very inconvenient and could cost an auction of you don't keep track and are refreshing near the end of the countdown

Edited by angelducky, 19 October 2009 - 04:44 PM.
somehow thought "inconvenient" should be 2 words ;)

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Biddango would you please send the $25 itunes giftcard I won to the runnerup on that auction

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

Biddango would you please send the $25 itunes giftcard I won to the runnerup on that auction

And see that's why I can't get annoyed with you when you win a lot :) You're really really nice.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Roderic

What about the bids I won???

Biddango
  • Biddango
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Wow, ok, that's cool. So, just to confirm, send it to Monikab ?

bidn1
  • bidn1
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

I like the idea of closing it to bidders after the reserve so that people who have in a bidding war don't waste all their bids if a new person comes in, but I don't think you'd want to do that for all of them. You'd lose a lot of money from all the people who would do bidding wars later in the auction

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

That's really nice of you, btw! So you do have a heart!!! :love love:

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

thank you btw,

ia m really appreciatingthis and sending my besat wishes to yu and your family

monika

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Sorry Guys I had no intention on sweeping these auctions however, the current structure is not good and needs alot of work. Biddango I warned you about multiple bid packs, I have won two now, what do you think is going to happen? Also the reserve, look what happened on the wii. If you are under financed then then just auction small items.

bidn1
  • bidn1
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

so was the WII taken down because the reserve wasn't met?
i got caught up watching the bid packs and wasn't paying attention

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

Sorry Guys I had no intention on sweeping these auctions however, the current structure is not good and needs alot of work. Biddango I warned you about multiple bid packs, I have won two now, what do you think is going to happen? Also the reserve, look what happened on the wii. If you are under financed then then just auction small items.

I was thinking the same thing. I know it's just the first day of auctions Biddango but honestly, taking a hit on a couple of big items would attract more users than watching the Wii end and bids refunded. If you do lots of smaller items like $25 gift cards, games, whatever other sites sell that's under $50 then you'll get more competition for the smaller items from users who came for the chance at a big one. You could still do reserves but maybe not on every single thing above $50.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Exactly, btw! I'm sitting here wondering why I invested in a bid pack if it's not going to be worth using it.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Wow, ok, that's cool. So, just to confirm, send it to Monikab ?

YES that is correct

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biddango, new penny auction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users