• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

littlebidz
  • littlebidz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Hey everyone,

I would like to introduce to you littlebidz.com (now out of beta). Pay a little and Give a lot is our motto because every time you purchase from our site we donate between 2x - 13x the purchase price to the charity of the winner's choice.

This is how it all works:

Bid just like on other penny auction sites (but out bids are only .50), and with littlebidz we give between 2 - 13x Retail price of the item to charity.

We start all auctions at $0.01 and never charge more for an item than 25% of retail.

Its that easy.

Plus right now we have low bidders, so you can take advantage of huge discounts... on Wednesday (12/30/09) we sold a Kindle for $3.94 and yesterday (12/31/09) we sold a set of Bose In-Ear Headphones for $0.47.

Come check us out!

Eric - CEO littlebidz

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 01 February 2010 - 01:31 AM.
you may not post titles to advertise your site.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Hi Eric...are there no win limits? The same bidder has won 5 auctions in the past 2 days...and you don't have that many "no floor" auctions running to begin with. Kind of a turnoff to see one person being allowed to win so much.
Sorry, I wont be buying any more bids until I see some sort of win limits in place. Good luck with the site!
  • suzyq likes this

greendoor
  • greendoor
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Hi Eric...are there no win limits? The same bidder has won 5 auctions in the past 2 days...and you don't have that many "no floor" auctions running to begin with. Kind of a turnoff to see one person being allowed to win so much.
Sorry, I wont be buying any more bids until I see some sort of win limits in place. Good luck with the site!

Ditto......lots of luck! Youre going to need it!

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

I contacted you through your site form, I asked that you call me. You haven't yet. I want to know why you have no win limits in place? I hope to hear from you within a few minutes, it really would look bad on your part to add poor customer service to the already leary crowd.

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

I can kinda answer where this stands at the moment.

The answer is that win limits are in their terms and conditions.

HOWEVER: They are set at the owner's discretion, per case, not a policy that applies to all (the following is copied from their site):

Win Limits
If the site administrator deems it necessary, a win limit will be placed on users. Win limits will occur only if excessive winning occurs and that winning is prohibiting the ability for other users to win. The win limit will end 10:00PM (MST) the Sunday following the day of the win limit being set in place. The way in which the limit is imposed is up to the discression of the site administrator, but typically will be a suspension of the account until the win limit is lifted.

My sister won one item on one day, and the next day, she won two more. She tried to pay, and got a message that her account had been suspended. She emailed them several times, finally getting a reply that said that she had won TONS and so they suspended her account, and they would reactivate it for the next Sunday.

So, their terms and conditions are applied to some, but not to all (obviously, as you have seen that other person winning about 5 or more items without being suspended).

It's the way their system works, they have disclosed it in their terms, so be aware and be careful when you are bidding/winning, and if you have your account suspended for winning "TONS", you know what happened.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

I can kinda answer where this stands at the moment.

The answer is that win limits are in their terms and conditions.

HOWEVER: They are set at the owner's discretion, per case, not a policy that applies to all (the following is copied from their site):

Win Limits
If the site administrator deems it necessary, a win limit will be placed on users. Win limits will occur only if excessive winning occurs and that winning is prohibiting the ability for other users to win. The win limit will end 10:00PM (MST) the Sunday following the day of the win limit being set in place. The way in which the limit is imposed is up to the discression of the site administrator, but typically will be a suspension of the account until the win limit is lifted.

My sister won one item on one day, and the next day, she won two more. She tried to pay, and got a message that her account had been suspended. She emailed them several times, finally getting a reply that said that she had won TONS and so they suspended her account, and they would reactivate it for the next Sunday.

So, their terms and conditions are applied to some, but not to all (obviously, as you have seen that other person winning about 5 or more items without being suspended).

It's the way their system works, they have disclosed it in their terms, so be aware and be careful when you are bidding/winning, and if you have your account suspended for winning "TONS", you know what happened.

wow...that's weird.
I haven't seen your sis around the sites much lately...hope she's ok.

PAWUSER8
  • PAWUSER8
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

I agree, Win limits are a must to make it fair for everyone! I will not buy bids either.

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

wow...that's weird.
I haven't seen your sis around the sites much lately...hope she's ok.

No she's fine, she's around, doing her thing.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I agree, Win limits are a must to make it fair for everyone! I will not buy bids either.

Odds don't look very good when one person has won 7 items in less than a week. Plus I don't understand how another person could be at their limit with only 3 wins. Win limits should be the same for all players.

I realize littlebidz is new, but until their policies are fair to ALL players I would hesitate to purchase any more bids there.

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

i dont think i will buy bids there .

is it not funny that so many new PAs are opening but there are less than a handfull that i consider worthwhile?

i believe alot of people think it is an easy way to make money open a site and then wake up to the smell of coffee .

monika

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they are a legit site until I hear otherwise, but it was really weird the way that they did things to my sister - because her account was blocked before she could even pay after winning the third item... it was almost as though they didn't want her to win.

Has anyone else from this forum won anything on there?

I'll keep you updated if she actually ever receives the 3 items that she won on there.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Has anyone else from this forum won anything on there?

I'll keep you updated if she actually ever receives the 3 items that she won on there.

I won a gift card but that was only a few days ago so I would imagine it has not shipped because of the holiday. Will post when I receive it.

I do believe that they are legitimate, but their win limit policy has me confused.

littlebidz
  • littlebidz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Hey everyone,

My apologies it took so long for me to respond to any of these posts, with the holidays things got a little crazy.

As for the win limit. It is only put in place for winners who are winning things above our cost meaning above what would be the floor price if it were in place. We do not, at the moment, limit wins under where we make a profit. As for rsm508619's sister, her account was only suspended momentarily (the win limit was lifted when she requested it to be) and has been active every since.

We only impose a win limit in a means to make sure that there is no fraud to be had (i.e. we like to double check on big winners to make sure that they are real and also that they are enjoying their experience) and we typically lift win limits within an hour or so.

I thank all of you for writing and with regards to not having a lot of NO FLOOR items, we are working on posting many more items a day including NO FLOOR items and will in the near future.

Thanks again for writing and I will be sure to respond quicker now that the holidays are over.

If anyone ever has any questions they can contact us or me directly using the contact forms on our site or emailing admin@littlebidz.com

Eric - CEO littlebidz

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

I am glad to see you reversed course and are holding some no floor auctions. I look forward to checking your site out.

bigman701
  • bigman701
  • Members
  • 504 posts

Just got locked out due to some problem, was trying to reset my bidbuddy and the timer went blank and then the screen also. It is very frustrating to have this happen. It is not my connection as very good on other sites.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Just got locked out due to some problem, was trying to reset my bidbuddy and the timer went blank and then the screen also. It is very frustrating to have this happen. It is not my connection as very good on other sites.

I've been having problems with everything freezing up there tonight.

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

I just wanted to clarify what LittleBidz stated here about the block on my sister's account.

I don't know if they reversed the suspension or not - they never notified my sister of that - but what they did tell her, was that she could not bid until Sunday, that she was LIMITED.

As far as the Wii auction tonight - my sister emailed me to notify me that she had hundreds of auto bids set, and it froze. She could not get back onto it, so she restarted her browser, and the auction was nowhere to be found. That was at about 13 seconds on the timer.

She restarted the browser several times, and it finally showed up again.

Just relaying info so that other bidders know that they aren't alone if they experienced problems, and maybe Littlebidz will be able to identify the problem.

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

This is interesting.

When this happened, my sister emailed them to inform them of the problem.

It appears that what might have caused the freeze for everyone, was that they went into the auction and played with the timer during the auction.

Here is the email that my sister forwarded me directly from LittleBidz. Judging from this email, and their statement about win limits applying to people who win the auctions and they don't meet some hidden 'floor' price, it seems as though this auction site is scandalously trying to play with auctions to make it so that they don't take a loss....

Take a look:

Subject: Re: littlebidz.com - Contact Form Submitted
In-Reply-To: <335272e592b3c6c8d1ffa7ee94262131@new.littlebidz.com>
References: <335272e592b3c6c8d1ffa7ee94262131@new.littlebidz.com>
Message-ID: <55589debf19184899875114b8ab078cc@littlebidz.com>
X-Sender: admin@littlebidz.com
User-Agent: RoundCube Webmail/0.3-stable
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - server.littlebidz.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - maine.rr.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - littlebidz.com

I am really sorry for the issue. We have extended the time so that the
bidding is fair.

Eric

bigman701
  • bigman701
  • Members
  • 504 posts

This is interesting.

When this happened, my sister emailed them to inform them of the problem.

It appears that what might have caused the freeze for everyone, was that they went into the auction and played with the timer during the auction.

Here is the email that my sister forwarded me directly from LittleBidz. Judging from this email, and their statement about win limits applying to people who win the auctions and they don't meet some hidden 'floor' price, it seems as though this auction site is scandalously trying to play with auctions to make it so that they don't take a loss....

Take a look:

Subject: Re: littlebidz.com - Contact Form Submitted
In-Reply-To: <335272e592b3c6c8d1ffa7ee94262131@new.littlebidz.com>
References: <335272e592b3c6c8d1ffa7ee94262131@new.littlebidz.com>
Message-ID: <55589debf19184899875114b8ab078cc@littlebidz.com>
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report

I am really sorry for the issue. We have extended the time so that the
bidding is fair.

Eric

I didn't get that info. I was locked out and when i did what Eric said the timer was frozen and there was no way i was going to go reset anything with the auction freezing like that. I disagree with it being fair. What happens to ones like me who signed out and didn't get any notification.

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

I didn't get that info. I was locked out and when i did what Eric said the timer was frozen and there was no way i was going to go reset anything with the auction freezing like that. I disagree with it being fair. What happens to ones like me who signed out and didn't get any notification.

She only got notification because she emailed him after it froze at the 13 second point... Otherwise she wouldn't have been informed either.

They are playing games, they have a hidden floor price (as stated above in his message about limits). They went onto an active auction in which people had spent money and made changes during the auction so that they would not take a loss.

This site is not to be trusted.

As for rsm508619's sister, her account was only suspended momentarily (the win limit was lifted when she requested it to be) and has been active every since

Eric - CEO littlebidz

IN case anyone wants to know what Eric REALLY did to my sister with the win limits on her, here is the email where, in contrast to the story he gives above about the limit being lifted, he tells her that the limit was in place until Sunday:

In-Reply-To: <*********6@maine.rr.com>
References: <6ea16d2a919a0790c5bbd0f50f1adf20@new.littlebidz.com> <c773009b6b493cfed5a066801c8cde4f@littlebidz.com> <*******6@maine.rr.com>
Message-ID: <7474488fa6d13b9d395dbe74c0aa1187@littlebidz.com>

boredncrazy,

Wow, you have won a ton! As per our terms and conditions, users that have
won a ton on the website are subject to a win limit.

The win limit will be lifted Sunday at 10:00PM.

Thanks and have a nice night!

Eric

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new auction, new penny auction, new penny auction opening

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users