6 replies to this topic

scubee96
  • scubee96
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi all -
looking for some advise.
Watched ipod touches selling on Xbids for the past month - and convinced myself to jump in after some 'strategy development'.

I knew I was going to buy an Touch - so I was prepared to pay 'Value Price' if the bidding went that far... Ended up running out of time to sit at the computer - and - ended up reaching the Value Price in bids...

I had to scramble to take my son to practice - with intentions to exercise the Buy It Now feature when I returned.

The site has a section entitled How It Works - pretty straightforward. It states:

Buy it Now

If unfortunately you are not the winner when the auction ends, you may use the Buy It Now feature to purchase the product for the value price; you can use this feature during the auction as well. Bids placed during the auction will be discounted from the value price.
Example:
You participated in an auction for an Apple iPod Nano worth $149.00, but unfortunately you did not win. During the auction, you placed 120 bids which amounts to $72.00 (120 bids x $0.60 a bid = $72.00). If you decide to use the Buy It Now feature, you will have to pay the difference of $77.00 and the product will be shipped immediately.
We believe that having the Buy It Now feature will revolutionize the way people shop. Why go to a retail store to buy a new laptop or television when you can win the same product for up to 90% off! If you win an auction, your discount is amazing. Even if you lose an auction you can still buy the product for retail value. Consequently, by attempting to win a product, you have the possibility of winning and receiving a great discount. However, if you do not win, you can still purchase the item at retail value, as you would have at a store, without losing anything.

Well - I missed one point that is not covered in the How It Works section - but is stated only if you navigate to the FAQs:
  • You have up to 2 hours after the auction has ended to use the Buy It Now feature whether you won or not.
That window closed on me - and the option to Buy It Now was no longer available.
I contacted Customer Support with full expectations that they would be understanding - and would allow me to complete the transaction. NO DICE. The last email from CS last week pretty much indicated I was out of luck...

Any advice or thoughts other than 'You are an idiot for not reading the FAQs'?

Thanks all!
Regards
scubee96

GoingGoingMine
  • GoingGoingMine
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

While it's unfortunate that you missed the BIN window, and I agree 2 hours isn't much time, if the info is is in the How it works section, it is your responsibility. You really need to do your research before you sign up. You might want to try BigDeal.com as they give you 24 hrs to complete the BIN. However, they have a lot of traffic so it's very competitive. Also, some of their BIN prices are higher than actual retail, so do your research before bidding. Good luck!

scubee96
  • scubee96
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey GGM -
the thing is - the 2 hour window is NOT listed in the How It Works section... A user would only see that information if they happened to drill into the FAQs or HELP areas...

GoingGoingMine
  • GoingGoingMine
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Hey GGM -
the thing is - the 2 hour window is NOT listed in the How It Works section... A user would only see that information if they happened to drill into the FAQs or HELP areas...

Again, I may not agree with it, but even if it's buried, the rules were listed. If they said somewhere else that you have longer, then denied you that would be different. I agree with you that they SHOULD be more up front. You live and learn I guess. Just make sure you check out this rule on any other sites in the future.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

That is very common spme sites offer less time. ALWAYS read the sites terms and conditions as this is what protects them and you where these stipulations are sure to be disclosed.

jewiley
  • jewiley
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

And with xBids, don't expect to get you item in a timely manner.

gmm
  • gmm
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

srenaud

I have several items that I have never received. I have sent more emails than I can count and always get the run-around. I have been told at least 6 times that my items would ship the next week. That never happens. I just get form emails back. This is frustrating. No way to actually talk to a person.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

the above is a post from srenaud who has been waiting since 12/8/2010.

When will people learn that if you have been mislead by a scam site like XBIDS you can dispute your charges with your credit card company ang get your money back. That is why we pay by credit card and not with cash.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buy it now, xbids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users